Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McMarc

Best fans debate

EaglesFansNumeroUno

There was a debate here a couple weeks ago. I said the most loyal fans were Eagles fans, Giants fans, KC Chiefs, Skins fans, and the Browns fans. There are a ton of Cowboy fans, but I bet if they had ZERO SuperBowls, there would be less "Bandwagon" fans....

There are so many different arguement routes to take.

I mean, people hate on Giants fans for booing, but other fans are just apathetic about it. If you're team is doing poorly and you don't get mad or upset, doesn't that show that you're not invested in it?

That's like if you come home and your wife is banging some dude and you're like, oh that's okay honey.

After admitting that this may be a slightly homer pick, here is where he lost me:

They're cold-blooded and probably give KC a run for their money as being the loudest.

The loudest? I don't even know if we are top five. KC, Denver and Seattle all have us by a lot. Sure, we destroy places like San Fran in terms of crowd noise, but other stadiums are down right deafining.

(DISCLAIMER: This is not meant to be a knock our fans, just observations from some stadiums I have been to, KC not included)

:o

Where are the Giants fans? They said they were top 5?

:rolleyes:

I think a Redskins fan brought up a little chart that showed how long teams have had streaks of selling out their stadium for. We crushed you guys.

Just because people make a big deal out of you guys throwing batteries at people, booing Santa, needing a jail in your own stadium for your own fans, doesn't mean you're more dedicated.

After admitting that this may be a slightly homer pick, here is where he lost me:

The loudest? I don't even know if we are top five. KC, Denver and Seattle all have us by a lot. Sure, we destroy places like San Fran in terms of crowd noise, but other stadiums are down right deafining.

(DISCLAIMER: This is not meant to be a knock our fans, just observations from some stadiums I have been to, KC not included)

You have to take seattle or any dome teams out of the list...the have a tremendous acoustical advantage. KC fans are really loud...but the ones i know don't come near Eagles fans in terms of knowledge of the game...and most of the Denver fans I've met are women who had Elway posters on their wall growing up.

You have to take seattle or any dome teams out of the list...the have a tremendous acoustical advantage. KC fans are really loud...but the ones i know don't come near Eagles fans in terms of knowledge of the game...and most of the Denver fans I've met are women who had Elway posters on their wall growing up.

Thats why I listed 3 non-dome teams :-)

As far as your feeling on Denver fans, I was only crowd noise, and that stadium is loud. In addition to yelling, they are able to stomp in the riser areas to generate even more noise. From where I was sitting (first row in the upper deck), it was deafing.

I think that Eagles fan are the most passionate fans in the NFL. When you guys can drop that "badazz" attitude you could be the best fan in sports.

Thats why I listed 3 non-dome teams :-)

As far as your feeling on Denver fans, I was only crowd noise, and that stadium is loud. In addition to yelling, they are able to stomp in the riser areas to generate even more noise. From where I was sitting (first row in the upper deck), it was deafing.

My apologies, I can't seem to remember they are on qwest field now (seattle).

I think a Redskins fan brought up a little chart that showed how long teams have had streaks of selling out their stadium for. We crushed you guys.

Just because people make a big deal out of you guys throwing batteries at people, booing Santa, needing a jail in your own stadium for your own fans, doesn't mean you're more dedicated.

You also have 8-10 times the population. That's 8-10 times more potential ticket buyers.

Dont agree w/some of those, like the Bills. If the bills had such loyal fans they wouldnt have to go to Toronto.

Has nothing to do with the fans, it's the owner and his desire to get more $$$, because Toronto is one of the biggest TV markets in North America.

Want to figure out who the "real" loyal fans are, research it.

Sell outs when the team is losing would be an indicator, also when a City has only one pro team (Packers) or two (Bills) for example it's clear why they are so loyal.

Chiefs would fall in there too along with Denver.

This best fans debate always cracks me up. Teams like Green Bay, Buffalo and KC are always praised for having loyal fans. Well, what the hell else are they going to do in those respected cities? They have very few major sports teams to deter attention away from the NFL and even less to do in terms of entertainment.

From what I've seen, Steeler fans outnumber EVERYBODY in terms of overall numbers and geography. How they aren't considered #1 on that list is beyond me. I'd put Pitt, GB, and KC ahead of you guys

This best fans debate always cracks me up. Teams like Green Bay, Buffalo and KC are always praised for having loyal fans. Well, what the hell else are they going to do in those respected cities? They have very few major sports teams to deter attention away from the NFL and even less to do in terms of entertainment.

Read my post and it explains it all.

Green Bay has the best fans hands down. :D

Best I don't know?, damn loyal & passionate yes. And is'nt your home games sold out until Christ comes back to earth?.