Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BringBackRandall

Troy Smith Starting for the Ravens

Good. I thought he should have been the starter last year. He has shown he can play at this level, at least give the guy a chance. I thought him mentoring behind Steve McNair was a good move.

Dennis Dixon is in the same position (but he's behind big ben so he's going to have to wait in line), but it looks like we have some pretty good young black quarterbacks coming up the ranks.

I don't even know why this was up for debate.

Boller is a terrible QB. Slightly better than Grossman.

Flacco is not ready. Might NEVER be ready to play on this level (he washed out at Pitt???)

Smith won over the respect of the locker room during OTA's.

Smith is a midget with a weak arm - he is just keeping the chair warm until Flacco is ready.

yep he has a weak arm, that threw further than any other QB in last years draft :rolleyes:

This team will be a freakin joke, Troy Smith is the next Kordell Stewart

This team is still expecting Ray Lewis to carry their D, and their offense has no weapons to speak of besides McGahee

This team will be a freakin joke, Troy Smith is the next Kordell Stewart

This team is still expecting Ray Lewis to carry their D, and their offense has no weapons to speak of besides McGahee

Or Troy Smith is the next McNabb, after all that is who he mimics with his playing style and who he wants to be like...Nobody knows what Smith will become, sure you can say he will suck, but how many 2nd day picks become stars???

There is one thing we can agree on though is that there are no Stars on that O and they can no longer live by the running game because they don't have a back even close to as good as Jamal Lewis was.

Good. I thought he should have been the starter last year. He has shown he can play at this level, at least give the guy a chance. I thought him mentoring behind Steve McNair was a good move.

Dennis Dixon is in the same position (but he's behind big ben so he's going to have to wait in line), but it looks like we have some pretty good young black quarterbacks coming up the ranks.

The next "slash"