Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EagleJoe8

Stephen Jackson gets his extension.

pretty interesting to see Westbrook come to camp and be cool about everything and get his money but Jackson holds out almost until the start of the season and get paid a crazy amount of money. I look at it now and what if Westbrook held out?

pretty interesting to see Westbrook come to camp and be cool about everything and get his money but Jackson holds out almost until the start of the season and get paid a crazy amount of money. I look at it now and what if Westbrook held out?

If he did, they likely would have broken off negotiations like they did when he held out in 05. I believe Westbrook showing loyalty and honoring his contract and showing up to camp showed good faith on his part enough to let the FO make the decision to get a deal done. From all reports, they wanted to anyway, but a holdout could have jeapordized that.

If he did, they likely would have broken off negotiations like they did when he held out in 05. I believe Westbrook showing loyalty and honoring his contract and showing up to camp showed good faith on his part enough to let the FO make the decision to get a deal done. From all reports, they wanted to anyway, but a holdout could have jeapordized that.
yea i guess so. But Westbrook's contract looks so poor compared to Jackson. But if Westbrook is satisfied with his contract then i guess im happy too. i just feel that Westbrook deserves much more.

yea i guess so. But Westbrook's contract looks so poor compared to Jackson. But if Westbrook is satisfied with his contract then i guess im happy too. i just feel that Westbrook deserves much more.

Westbrook was limited in what he could get due to some kind of CBA reasoning though. But like you said, he's happy, so that's all that matters.

Westbrook was limited in what he could get due to some kind of CBA reasoning though. But like you said, he's happy, so that's all that matters.

yea good point. But i kinda guess its fair because Jackson is much younger than Westy

I'm glad he's back. I want to see how our run D does against him. It's a great way to find out early.