Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HankUrlacher13

Football on the West Coast

For all you guy's on the West Coast what's it like waking up at 10:00AM and there is already football on?.. would you rather live on the East where everything starts at 1:00PM?

It wasn't bad, you'd wake up with a buzz, crack open another beer, get a breakfast burrito then fire up the grill. There was no wait so the anticipation started the night before, once you wake up your heart started pounding knowing the game was about to start.

I prefer it back here on the East Coast. I like eating some breakfast and watching the pre game stuff as an appetizer.

The nice part is the fact that Sunday night, Monday night, and Thursday night games get over over at 8 or 9 pm rather than 11 or 12 pm since I have to get up early for work the next day.

The nice part is the fact that Sunday night, Monday night, and Thursday night games get over over at 8 or 9 pm rather than 11 or 12 pm since I have to get up early for work the next day.

thats one thing i hated in highschool.. because of getting up early everyday i think it was a little hard for me to stay awake on monday nights if i was laying in bed watching the game

When I moved to the West Coast, 10am was tough because I don't like waking up early, and I like watching some pre-game and kind of getting hyped up for it. The night games are better though.

Now I'm in Central time and it's perfect. 12pm or 3pm on Sundays, and the night games start an hour early. It's cool for Prime Time TV, too. Everything that starts at 8pm everywhere else, starts at 7pm here.

But football is good any time of day. :D

Absolutely love it. I go to school out in Arizona and it's always my favorite time of the year. I don't mind waking up early for the Sunday games, and it's even better when the night games end at 9.

awesome getting up and watching the game right away.

I plan when i attend church around the eagles start times and go to early church or sunday night church.

Also as mentioned before, I get to go bed at a normal time on Monday nights!

awesome getting up and watching the game right away.

I plan when i attend church around the eagles start times and go to early church or sunday night church.

Also as mentioned before, I get to go bed at a normal time on Monday nights!

Yea I actually like it that way. I usually wake up around 10-12 neways.

Nothing like waking up, hitting the sports book, grabbing a big leather lounge chair and eating and

drinking till around 9pm every sunday watching the games all day w/ about 200 football crazed fans from all over

the country gett'n hammered.

Ah, Vegas in Football Season.

(Still hot as f*** outside, so you don't get that tell tale chill in the air)

Guest Shepard Wong
When I moved to the West Coast, 10am was tough because I don't like waking up early, and I like watching some pre-game and kind of getting hyped up for it. The night games are better though.

Now I'm in Central time and it's perfect. 12pm or 3pm on Sundays, and the night games start an hour early. It's cool for Prime Time TV, too. Everything that starts at 8pm everywhere else, starts at 7pm here.

But football is good any time of day. :D

9 or 10am is early? :lol:

You have kids?

9 or 10am is early? :lol:

You have kids?

That's not early to wake up, but I don't like getting up and immediately watching football. No kids. I go to church so that's a factor. In CA I had to either go to the early service at like 8am, or the other services are right during gametime. If it's a later game, I can make it after church.

Here, I can go to church at 10am, and be to the sports bar in time for the 12pm gametime.

I don't like to roll out of bed and start watching football. I like to wake up, get ready, watch some pre-game to get psyched for the game. If I have to go to a sports bar, I don't like eating bar food early like 9 or 10am. I don't drink alcohol. So I have to sit there with a soda til I'm ready to eat lunch. On Central or Eastern time, it works out better for me.

Its nice, the eagles rarely play really early in the morning here(az) so I sleep in and wake up to ongoing football like the cheifs and broncos. If they are on an early game then I'll wake up early. Only problem now is the cardianls are selling out there games so they show the cards on TV which sometimes leaves my Eagles off on regualr television..I use to just follow it on the internet but now Im 21 so to the bars I go!!!!!

Its nice, the eagles rarely play really early in the morning here(az) so I sleep in and wake up to ongoing football like the cheifs and broncos. If they are on an early game then I'll wake up early. Only problem now is the cardianls are selling out there games so they show the cards on TV which sometimes leaves my Eagles off on regualr television..I use to just follow it on the internet but now Im 21 so to the bars I go!!!!!