Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JBENT87

Predict this weeks Power Rankings

Too lazy to list mine right now, but Eagles and Steelers will be in the top 3.

Some surprises come Tuesday should feature the Falcons, Bills and Panthers in the top 10, IMO...

Too lazy to list mine right now, but Eagles and Steelers will be in the top 3.

Some surprises come Tuesday should feature the Falcons, Bills and Panthers in the top 10, IMO...

Eagles in the top 3? Falcons, Bills and Panthers in the top 10? Wtf are you smoking?

I have a feeling the teams ranked from 1 to 16 are going to be 1-0, and from 17 to 32 are going to be 0-1...Don't hold it against me, it's just a hunch.

Giants will be up there...colts, pats and chargers will move down. Cowboys likely will be #1. Gotta think eagles and steelers will easily be top 10...maybe top 5.

if I had to guess it would probably go Cowboys, Steelers, Eagles in the top 3. No one else really stepped up today and a lot of the teams you would have started out the season ahead of them played poorly, such as the Colts, Pats, Jaguars, Chargers.

1. Cowboys <_<

2. Steelers

3. Giants

4. Eagles

5. Saints

6. Colts

7. Packers/Vikings winner

8. Patriots

9. Titans

10. Jets

**This isn't necessarily how I would rank the teams, but how I think the Power Rankings will be when they come out.**

I have a feeling the teams ranked from 1 to 16 are going to be 1-0, and from 17 to 32 are going to be 0-1...Don't hold it against me, it's just a hunch.

I hope you aren't serious, cos that's definitely never the case.

http://football.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranki...amp;season=2007

http://football.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranki...amp;season=2006

http://football.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranki...amp;season=2005

I think Power Rankings are ridiculous and stupid but I don't understand the thought process of some of your lists. I still think the Chargers have more potential and "power" than, say, the 1-0 Atlanta Falcons. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Eagles still outside of the top ten.

The Eagles will move up slightly, they won't put too much stock into smoking possibly the leagues worst defense.

Speaking of moving, how many rungs will Team Zorn fall?

The Eagles will move up slightly, they won't put too much stock into smoking possibly the leagues worst defense.

Detroit's D is worse, as is arguably the Browns....If the Skins don't improve on D, they could be one of the worst this year....

Detroit's D is worse, as is arguably the Browns....If the Skins don't improve on D, they could be one of the worst this year....

Whats wrong with our defense? that was our one semi-bright spot last week. Held the giants to only 16 points.

Whats wrong with our defense? that was our one semi-bright spot last week. Held the giants to only 16 points.

Not sold on Jason Taylor (like when you guys got Bruce Smith), Griffin is hot/cold (mostly cold), Carter is inconsistent, I like Washington and Fletcher, but not a Rock McIn fan. Springs NEVER stays healthy (I'm a Springs fan), Rogers is inconsistent, Landry hasn't impressed me, and who is Reed Doughty? You guys have very little depth.

If your O doesn't improve, that D (aging dudes) will be on the field a TON. That spells disaster.

I hope you aren't serious, cos that's definitely never the case.

http://football.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranki...amp;season=2007

http://football.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranki...amp;season=2006

http://football.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranki...amp;season=2005

I think Power Rankings are ridiculous and stupid but I don't understand the thought process of some of your lists. I still think the Chargers have more potential and "power" than, say, the 1-0 Atlanta Falcons. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Eagles still outside of the top ten.

I gotta be honest with you, power rankings are utter bullscheit.

Not sold on Jason Taylor (like when you guys got Bruce Smith), Griffin is hot/cold (mostly cold), Carter is inconsistent, I like Washington and Fletcher, but not a Rock McIn fan. Springs NEVER stays healthy (I'm a Springs fan), Rogers is inconsistent, Landry hasn't impressed me, and who is Reed Doughty? You guys have very little depth.

If your O doesn't improve, that D (aging dudes) will be on the field a TON. That spells disaster.

-Jason Taylor was unimpressive, he had maybe 1 good play but in all fairness the guy wasn't even supposed to play with his knee injury and he toughed it out.

-Griffin is on the downside of his career but still a big locker room leader and good run stuffer.

-Carter was our only consistent pass rusher last year.

-Rocky McIntosh was having a great year until he blew out his knee.

-Springs is injury prone.

-Rogers is a good physical corner and good tackler, he keeps good coverage on his guy but rarely knows where the ball is in the air and almost always gos for the swat instead of the interception. He also has a huge case of stone hands.

-Landry had a tremendous rookie season that included him having to switch positions half way through the year to free safety.

-Reed Doughty is the guy who stepped in at strong safety following Taylor's death and played very well. He earned his job.

I gotta be honest with you, power rankings are utter bullscheit.

Really? I think they're the best thing the league's got going for it right now.

Someday I expect the actual standings to be based off of "power" and not wins and losses themselves.

Really? I think they're the best thing the league's got going for it right now.

Someday I expect the actual standings to be based off of "power" and not wins and losses themselves.

:fishing:

It's all down to opinion, every delicate genius in the media has his own little power ranking section and he adds his clever little anecdote next to the raking to give us a glimpse of what he's basing the raking on. It makes for a good read and a quick overview on each team, but you don't put any stock in it whatsoever. When was the last time a team ended the season on top of the power rankings then went on to win the super bowl the same season? I rest my case. B-)

Cowboys

Steelers

Giants

Patriots

Eagles

Saints

Cowboys were ranked high to begin with, so they move to first place +they played Cleveland.

Steelers played impressive, but weaker team.

Giants played well enough to win, ranked high in preseason, so they move to 3.

Patriots at 3. Part of it is because Brady went down. Still, it is based on Week 1, and a win is a win. They may falter in week 2, but thats next week.

Eagles move into 4 with dominant win, yea against a **** Rams team, but the teams above them lost, so they move up.

Saints win against former Division Champs, so they move up.

:fishing:

It's all down to opinion, every delicate genius in the media has his own little power ranking section and he adds his clever little anecdote next to the raking to give us a glimpse of what he's basing the raking on. It makes for a good read and a quick overview on each team, but you don't put any stock in it whatsoever. When was the last time a team ended the season on top of the power rankings then went on to win the super bowl the same season? I rest my case. B-)

Colts 2 years ago, depending on which site's Power Rankings you are refering to.

Eagles in the top 3? Falcons, Bills and Panthers in the top 10? Wtf are you smoking?

Do you know what week 1 power rankings mean? It means which teams looks the best/strongest/and I may be reaching here but maybe even most POWERFUL after week 1. You know the first week of the 2009-2009 season. So stop thinking about what teams did last year and think about what they did so far this season. Panthers squeezed out a HUGE win on the road against supposedly one of the AFCs best teams. Michael Turner had 220 F'ing yards rushing for the Falcons. That alone is enough to get Atlanta enough media attention to sneak in at around either 9 or 10. The Bills are the only team I'm reaching on out of the teams I listed.

Oh, and I'd like to hear your team that should be in the top 3 in front of the Eagles. Although it doesn't really matter because you're not getting paid for your opinion, kind of like the same way I'm not. So chill.

Pretty realistic idea of power rankings, I could see some sites going with something like this. The Patriots at 3 bothers me though. Are they good enough to get by this season w/o Brady? No, not really. And if these are based off of just one week, the 18-1 Patriots almost got beaten by the lowly KC Chiefs at home on opening day. That's almost as bad as a loss in my book. I personally would bump the Pats down to around 7, I think.

With Brady gone for the season and an aging defense that made Brodie Croyle look competent, I'd say 15-20 is more realistic.

1. Giants
  2. Cowboys
  3. Steelers
  4. Eagles
  5. Chargers
  6. Colts
  7. Jets (just because of Favre-Mania, not because I think they are that good)
  8. Bills
  9. Vikings
  10. Saints
  11. Titans
  12. Jaguars
  13. Bears
  14. Broncos
  15. Packers
  16. Panthers
  17. Cardinals
  18. Browns
  19. Buccaneers
  20. Patriots
  21. Ravens
  22. Falcons
  23. Texans
  24. Lions
  25. Raiders
  26. Seahawks
  27. 49ers
  28. Dolphins
  29. Bengals
  30. Redskins
  31. Chiefs
  32. Rams

Cowboys

Steelers

Giants

Patriots

Eagles

Saints

Patriots at 3. Part of it is because Brady went down. Still, it is based on Week 1, and a win is a win. They may falter in week 2, but thats next week.

Pretty realistic idea of power rankings, I could see some sites going with something like this. The Patriots at 3 bothers me though. Are they good enough to get by this season w/o Brady? No, not really. And if these are based off of just one week, the 18-1 Patriots almost got beaten by the lowly KC Chiefs at home on opening day. That's almost as bad as a loss in my book. I personally would bump the Pats down to around 7, I think.

Do you know what week 1 power rankings mean? It means which teams looks the best/strongest/and I may be reaching here but maybe even most POWERFUL after week 1. You know the first week of the 2009-2009 season. So stop thinking about what teams did last year and think about what they did so far this season. Panthers squeezed out a HUGE win on the road against supposedly one of the AFCs best teams. Michael Turner had 220 F'ing yards rushing for the Falcons. That alone is enough to get Atlanta enough media attention to sneak in at around either 9 or 10. The Bills are the only team I'm reaching on out of the teams I listed.

Oh, and I'd like to hear your team that should be in the top 3 in front of the Eagles. Although it doesn't really matter because you're not getting paid for your opinion, kind of like the same way I'm not. So chill.

You weren't reaching at all with the Bills. They barely missed the playoffs last season, are projected #2 in the AFC East and possible playoff contenders AND they absolutely dominated the best team in the NFC West. No, I think you were spot on with the Bills. Very tough defense, great special teams and running game, all held together by an up and coming QB.