Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JBENT87

Predict this weeks Power Rankings

Cowboys

Steelers

Giants

Patriots

Eagles

Saints

Cowboys were ranked high to begin with, so they move to first place +they played Cleveland.

Steelers played impressive, but weaker team.

Giants played well enough to win, ranked high in preseason, so they move to 3.

Patriots at 3. Part of it is because Brady went down. Still, it is based on Week 1, and a win is a win. They may falter in week 2, but thats next week.

Eagles move into 4 with dominant win, yea against a **** Rams team, but the teams above them lost, so they move up.

Saints win against former Division Champs, so they move up.

Colts 2 years ago, depending on which site's Power Rankings you are refering to.

Nope, the Chargers were 14-2 and were top of every power ranking in the country. The Colts had the worst rushing defense in the NFL and one of the worst special teams units. They finished December 2-2.

Eagles in the top 3? Falcons, Bills and Panthers in the top 10? Wtf are you smoking?

Agreed. I would hope that NFL fans will remember rankings in past years and remember that they don't change overnight.

San Diego, Pittsburgh and Dallas will still be top 5. Eagles will be around the 10 spot. Colts will be #2. And the Bills will be 16-19.

One game(not to mention the first game) doesn't drop or raise too many team rankings when a season starts. The Pat's will move down a few spots due to the loss of Brady, but we shouldn't see to much movement. Maybe still top 5?

Falcons should fall into the 28 to 31 spot.

Agreed. I would hope that NFL fans will remember rankings in past years and remember that they don't change overnight.

San Diego, Pittsburgh and Dallas will still be top 5. Eagles will be around the 10 spot. Colts will be #2. And the Bills will be 16-19.

One game(not to mention the first game) doesn't drop or raise too many team rankings when a season starts. The Pat's will move down a few spots due to the loss of Brady, but we shouldn't see to much movement. Maybe still top 5?

:lol::lol::lol:

Dude! They're F'ing weekly power rankings! Not regular season final standings projections! They change every week! This week, The Bills, Falcons, Panthers and Eagles looked like a few of the leagues best. Therefore they will be high on the list.

To say that the Falcons will still be in the 28-31 range is just retarded. I really can't think of a better word. Ignorant? I hate that word but that might apply here too.

:lol::lol::lol:

Dude! They're F'ing weekly power rankings! Not regular season final standings projections! They change every week! This week, The Bills, Falcons, Panthers and Eagles looked like a few of the leagues best. Therefore they will be high on the list.

To say that the Falcons will still be in the 28-31 range is just retarded. I really can't think of a better word. Ignorant? I hate that word but that might apply here too.

Ignorant to the fact that people like yourself actually care about a "weekly power ranking" based on the previous week?

Power Rankings are about team direction and divisional projections. Oh, the Falcons beat the Lions. That screams Top 10!!

Weekly power rankings mean nothing if they refuse to look at the big picture. Why would anybody want to read a power ranking that goes by any other formula? The Chiefs kept it close against the Pats and almost pulled out a win in the final seconds. They should be in the top 20 if we're using this logic.

And if we're looking at it through the same window, the Pats lost Brady for the season and barely beat the Chiefs. Why should they be "#7 at best"?

By your logic, speaking on a "weekly basis", you are keeping them in your top 8 because you feel that they're good enough to pull it together as a team and still succeed with the "easiest schedule in the NFL." By doing so....you're looking at the future and not the week they just had. I think there was 11 teams that should be ahead of them after todays games, if we're only basing our conclusions on 1 week. No?

Otherwise you're saying that the Pats had the 7th best week in the NFL. That's rather ignorant if you ask me, but none of us our experts on the subject.

Have a great Eagles day! :D

Detroit's D is worse, as is arguably the Browns....If the Skins don't improve on D, they could be one of the worst this year....

Their Defense kept them in the game, just alot of dropped ints

1. Cowboys

2. Steelers

3. Saints

4. Colts

5. Giants

6. Eagles

7. Jets

8. Bills

9. Chargers

10. Panthers

11. Vikings

12. Titans

13. Bears

14. Packers

15. Cardinals

16. Patriots

17. Buccaneers

18. Browns

19. Redskins

20. Jaguars

21. Broncos

22. Ravens

23. Texans

24. Falcons

25. Seahawks

26. Raiders

27. Lions

28. 49ers

29. Dolphins

30. Bengals

31. Chiefs

32. Rams

1. Cowboys <_<

2. Steelers

3. Giants

4. Eagles

5. Saints

6. Colts

7. Packers/Vikings winner

8. Patriots

9. Titans

10. Jets

**This isn't necessarily how I would rank the teams, but how I think the Power Rankings will be when they come out.**

You don't think the Bears will be in there after knocking off the Colts?

JBent thinks because we destroyed the Rams we're going to be top 3, I don't think so...even with the Colts and Chargers both losing, they're still better teams. Week 1 always has upsets like that.

1. Cowboys

2. Steelers

3. Saints

4. Colts

5. Giants

6. Eagles

7. Jets

8. Bills

9. Chargers

10. Panthers

11. Vikings

12. Titans

13. Bears

14. Packers

15. Cardinals

16. Patriots

17. Buccaneers

18. Browns

19. Redskins

20. Jaguars

21. Broncos

22. Ravens

23. Texans

24. Falcons

25. Seahawks

26. Raiders

27. Lions

28. 49ers

29. Dolphins

30. Bengals

31. Chiefs

32. Rams

You surprisingly have the Redskins way too low...they're better than alot of teams that you listed ahead of them. They're better than the Browns, Buccaneers, Patriots (now), Cardinals, Bills, and Saints

Do you know what week 1 power rankings mean? It means which teams looks the best/strongest/and I may be reaching here but maybe even most POWERFUL after week 1. You know the first week of the 2009-2009 season. So stop thinking about what teams did last year and think about what they did so far this season. Panthers squeezed out a HUGE win on the road against supposedly one of the AFCs best teams. Michael Turner had 220 F'ing yards rushing for the Falcons. That alone is enough to get Atlanta enough media attention to sneak in at around either 9 or 10. The Bills are the only team I'm reaching on out of the teams I listed.

Oh, and I'd like to hear your team that should be in the top 3 in front of the Eagles. Although it doesn't really matter because you're not getting paid for your opinion, kind of like the same way I'm not. So chill.

Before you go off like an idiot, I'd put several teams ahead of the Eagles. Steelers, Cowboys, Colts, Chargers, Giants, and maybe even the Jaguars. Alot of flukes happened yesterday, doesn't mean the teams who lost suck now