Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

paco

"Fragile" Fred Taylor placed on IR

Given all of his recent beotching about everything Jaguars, that might spell the end for Freddie in JAX

Given all of his recent beotching about everything Jaguars, that might spell the end for Freddie in JAX

Sad too, because he gave that team a lot.

Another damn sissy RB who can't handle the workload. He's lucky Jerrah Jones isn't his teams owner. :nonono:

How the hell does a thumb prevent you from running anyway? :huh:^_^

Sad too, because he gave that team a lot.

He's my RB in FF too <_<

Fragile? Dude played 140 games in his career with 1,000 rush seasons in 7 of 11 overall seasons.

Fragile? Dude played 140 games in his career with 1,000 rush seasons in 7 of 11 overall seasons.

He's still a puss. Thumb injury...ha! I laugh at thumb injuries. :D

He's still a puss. Thumb injury...ha! I laugh at thumb injuries. :D

I'm putting money on the fact that either A he is milking the injury because he wants out of Jax or B they put him on IR so he would shut up and leave them alone...there is bad blood between the two right now with them focusing mainly on MJD and phasing out Taylor.

He wasn't doing anything anyways.

Yeah...I benched him weeks ago.

You guys have no class to bash a guy like fred taylor.

:rolleyes:

it's called sarcasm pal. you must be light in the loafers if you failed to pick up on it. ;)

Taylor busted his a** for that team for many years. Many felt with Jones-Drew being drafted that Fred Taylor was done but he proved everyone wrong. He's still a potential 1000 yard back at 32. He's coming off two straight 1,000 yard seasons and split carries with Jones-Drew.

I too would want out of Jacksonville. Del Rio has taken that team with tons of potential nowhere and has seem to have lost his team as well.

Taylor's numbers this season:

13 games, 143 carries, 556 yards, 5td

Jones-Drew's numbers this season:

13 games, 142 carries, 607 yards, 11td

In the past seven seasons he has missed just tweleve games and has five 1,000+ yard seasons during that time.

Shhhhhh... dont spit knowledge in here to the ignorant. Are you crazy?

Another damn sissy RB who can't handle the workload. He's lucky Jerrah Jones isn't his teams owner. :nonono:

How the hell does a thumb prevent you from running anyway? :huh:^_^

Can't handle the load? He's 16th all-time in rushing. No matter how you look at it, thats pretty impressive. Thumb injuries can prevent you from hanging on to the ball. Not being able to hang onto the ball can lead to fumbles. Fumbles can lead to losing games. That is how thumb injuries prevents u from running.

Can't handle the load? He's 16th all-time in rushing. No matter how you look at it, thats pretty impressive. Thumb injuries can prevent you from hanging on to the ball. Not being able to hang onto the ball can lead to fumbles. Fumbles can lead to losing games. That is how thumb injuries prevents u from running.

I was being sarcastic. I guess I should enroll in Froggy's "sarcasm 101" course :P

Shhhhhh... dont spit knowledge in here to the ignorant. Are you crazy?

Because Im the first person to ever have called him fragile. :rolleyes:

Hell, look at his wiki:

Early Difficulties

Taylor fell on hard times early in his professional career as a rash of injuries caused him to miss 23 out of a potential 48 games from 1999 to 2001. Fans and media were highly critical of Taylor's tendency to get injured, questioning his toughness and donning him the moniker "Fragile Fred", which deeply upset him as he would later admit. Fans grew especially frustrated with Taylor in 2001 after his season ended in week 2 with a torn groin muscle. Despite knowing that Taylor's season was over, Jaguars coach Tom Coughlin listed him on the injury report as "questionable" every game for the remainder of the season, further fueling the doubts of Taylor's toughness in the minds of fans. He still has not completely rid himself of the stigma and the nickname.

A lot of you really need to lighten the hell up.

Because Im the first person to ever have called him fragile. :rolleyes:

Hell, look at his wiki:

A lot of you really need to lighten the hell up.

We are 7 years and 5 1,000 yard rush seasons away from 2001. If that's your argument though.

We are 7 years and 5 1,000 yard rush seasons away from 2001. If that's your argument though.

no, we are 0 days and 0 rush yards away from him being on IR.

PS, he missed 2 games in 2004, 5 in 2005, and one in both 2006 and 2007. Hes only played 2 full seasons in his 10 year career. So yeah, since 2001, this is the first time he was IR'd. But since then he:

Played 2 full seasons.

Then missed roughly half a season over the course the next two seasons.

Almost play 2 full seasons

IR'd

But you're right. Hes the model of durablity. :rolleyes: