Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JBENT87

I wish Tony Dungy would STFU already

and how much attention he is apparently getting. Everyday it's something else, just to get his name out there on the bottom line to make teams thing people are calling about him.

Nobody wants him.

I agree. I'm all for giving people a second chance, but make him earn it on his own.

And race is always an issue. Never in a million years would Dungy be involved if the guy was anything but black.

It has more to do with the fact that he SUCKS than it has to do with his legal past. He's a great athlete, there are many of those out there that haven't been in jail for two years. He might have looked like superman at times, but that's because he was a scrambling QB...imo sometimes there is so much real estate for QB's to exploit on a football field, they don't do it because they could get hurt or because they're not fast. When Vick scrambled, it made him look amazing. Put him back there to return a Kick off, he might be good, but he won't amaze anyone.

He's just not worth the baggage and history that he'll bring with him, sorry Dungy. Mad respect to you though.

and how much attention he is apparently getting. Everyday it's something else, just to get his name out there on the bottom line to make teams thing people are calling about him.

Nobody wants him.

dungy has lost my respect, saying all these nice things about vick makes me wanna puke, dungy clearly has lost his way.

Nobody wants him.

dungy has lost my respect, saying all these nice things about vick makes me wanna puke, dungy clearly has lost his way.

:-(

I really hope it dosn't affect your guys personal lives that a future HOF coach is trying to help a man get his life on tract again.

I agree. I'm all for giving people a second chance, but make him earn it on his own.

And race is always an issue. Never in a million years would Dungy be involved if the guy was anything but black.

:lol:

Mike Vick News/Updates/Watch is getting me to forget how much I hated the Brett Favre News/Updates/Watch.

Michael Vick has been called overrated so much that he's actually severely underrated at this point. There is a reason he will eventually get back into the league even after perhaps the biggest public relations fiasco in the history of the NFL. That's because he can play. A lesser player than Michael Vick would have 0% chance of getting back into the league after the stunt he pulled

This is a guy who, in his short career...

- Won close to 60% of his starts

- Won multiple playoff games, including taking a team to an NFC title Game

- Is the best athlete to ever play the position

He is not now, nor will he ever be, a traditional QB. But he can help a team win games. And for all the talk about his lack of passing skills, lets not paint the guy out to be Vince Young. He did throw 20 TD passes in his final season. Does he have trouble reading defenses and making multiple reads on a play? Yes. But its not like hes forcing balls into coverage and throwing a lot of INT. When his first read isn't open, he's taking off and running the ball and making plays with his legs that other QB could not possibly dream of

If he is your QB, your offense will have to be far from conventional, but hes shown in the past that you can win games with him playing that style.

He's still a better option when it comes to winning games than about half the starting QB in the league. Whether or not he will ever regain his form after 2 years in jail though is another story

Mike Vick News/Updates/Watch is getting me to forget how much I hated the Brett Favre News/Updates/Watch.

wouldn't it be great if they ended up on the same team :rolleyes:

ESPN would throw a rod.

Michael Vick has been called overrated so much that he's actually severely underrated at this point. There is a reason he will eventually get back into the league even after perhaps the biggest public relations fiasco in the history of the NFL. That's because he can play. A lesser player than Michael Vick would have 0% chance of getting back into the league after the stunt he pulled

He is not now, nor will he ever be, a traditional QB. But he can help a team win games. And for all the talk about his lack of passing skills, lets not paint the guy out to be Vince Young. He did throw 20 TD passes in his final season. Does he have trouble reading defenses and making multiple reads on a play? Yes. But its not like hes forcing balls into coverage and throwing a lot of INT. When his first read isn't open, he's taking off and running the ball and making plays with his legs that other QB could not possibly dream of

If he is your QB, your offense will have to be far from conventional, but hes shown in the past that you can win games with him playing that style.

He's still a better option when it comes to winning games than about half the starting QB in the league. Whether or not he will ever regain his form after 2 years in jail though is another story

great let the Giants sign him.

great let the Giants sign him.

Michael Vick won as many playoff games in his short career as your organization has in the past 17 years

And he is a better QB than Jason "I feel like used toilet paper" Campbell

thats not saying alot

Well thats true. But I wonder how much winning Vick could have done with the Skins, when he could take a mediocre defense like ATL (a team that ranked 14th in points allowed) with no WR (starting Peerless Price and Brian Finneran) to an NFC Title Game in 2004, when he was just 24 years old. Give him a top 5 defense like the Skins, give him Portis, Moss and Cooley, and the Skins would be a lot more dangerous than they are now

This is all assuming though that he hasn't lost a great deal of his ability having spent 2 years away. And maybe he has

And again, im not making Vick out to be some elite player, but hes a lot better than people give him credit for. If Vick sucked he would have a 0% chance of getting back in the NFL. There are about 15 starting QB in the league right now who would never SNIFF the NFL ever again if they had embarrassed the NFL in the way Vick just did, and spent 2 years out of football to boot. But someone is going to find Mike Vick worth the trouble and sign him, because he can play

Well thats true. But I wonder how much winning Vick could have done with the Skins, when he could take a mediocre defense like ATL (a team that ranked 14th in points allowed) with no WR (starting Peerless Price and Brian Finneran) to an NFC Title Game in 2004, when he was just 24 years old. Give him a top 5 defense like the Skins, give him Portis, Moss and Cooley, and the Skins would be a lot more dangerous than they are now

This is all assuming though that he hasn't lost a great deal of his ability having spent 2 years away. And maybe he has

And again, im not making Vick out to be some elite player, but hes a lot better than people give him credit for. If Vick sucked he would have a 0% chance of getting back in the NFL. There are about 15 starting QB in the league right now who would never SNIFF the NFL ever again if they had embarrassed the NFL in the way Vick just did. But someone is going to find Mike Vick worth the trouble and sign him, because he can play

i want a QB that can throw a freakin' touchdown in the redzone.

i don't care who he is.

He is not now, nor will he ever be, a traditional QB. But he can help a team win games.

You can blab on as long as you want about vick, or young or hell, even kordell stewart. These type of guys are exciting to watch, they can win games and they are tremendous athletes.

the problem is they also turn the ball over time after time. they come apart in pressure situations when a critical pass is needed or reading a defense installed for the playoffs.

No......they are not good QB's.....they are RB's playing in the QB position.

Nobody wants him.

Eagles Should Sign Vick Today!

Eagles Should Sign Vick Today!

Then cut him right before the season starts.

No doubt.

Apparently to you it is.

You don't know jack ish about what Dungy would do or who he'd help. So why even bring it up? Has a high-profile athlete ever been sentenced to jail for 2 years and then tried to make a return to the game? No? Then how can you make predictions about how people would react in an unprecedented situation?

You can blab on as long as you want about vick, or young or hell, even kordell stewart. These type of guys are exciting to watch, they can win games and they are tremendous athletes.

the problem is they also turn the ball over time after time. they come apart in pressure situations when a critical pass is needed or reading a defense installed for the playoffs.

No......they are not good QB's.....they are RB's playing in the QB position.

If you think Michael Vick "turns the ball after time after time" then you simply haven't seen him play, or are talking out of your arse. He does not turn the ball over much at all, part of the reason his teams were so successful. 52 INT in 74 games. As far as fumbles go he was middle of the pack, even with the fact that he was carrying the ball so much

His career INT% was only 3.0, which is the same as Dan Marino, Troy Aikman, and Jay Cutler. Better than Carson Palmer, Kurt Warner, Eli Manning, Tony Romo and Warren Moon

Hes not a conventional pocket passer but turnovers were never a big problem for him

And to compare him to vince young or kordell is silly

the best athlete to ever play the position??? because he can scramble???

because a quarterback can run does not make him a great athlete...a great athlete is someone who is MULTI-TALENTED...and lets face it, vick is an awful qb when it comes to doing what quarterbacks are SUPPOSED TO DO, and that is throw the ball. Not to mention the only hit that vick can take is one from a joint...now look at STEVE YOUNG...he could throw, run, and take vicious hits...and most of all he could LEAD a team...so who is the better athlete?...not surprising to see a giants fan so big on a mediocre QB, seein as they have such a poor excuse for one themselves