Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JBENT87

I wish Tony Dungy would STFU already

the best athlete to ever play the position??? because he can scramble???

because a quarterback can run does not make him a great athlete...a great athlete is someone who is MULTI-TALENTED...and lets face it, vick is an awful qb when it comes to doing what quarterbacks are SUPPOSED TO DO, and that is throw the ball. Not to mention the only hit that vick can take is one from a joint...now look at steve young...he could throw, run, and take vicious hits...and most of all he could LEAD a team...not surprising to see a giants fan so big on a mediocre QB, seein as they have such a poor excuse for one themselves

This is pretty much semantics and depends on how you define the world athlete. In terms of raw athletic ability, ie speed, quickness, there is no one who approaches vick. Throwing the ball is more skill than it is a component of athletic ability. Peyton Manning is an awesome thrower of the football but he is not a great athlete, even he would be the first to admit that.

Vick is not a great passer. He is not a conventional QB. But he's already proven that you can win a lot of games altering your offense to fit his style. He is also a better passer than given credit for, and was making strides before going to jail. He did throw 20 TD passes in his final season

Apparently to you it is.

You don't know jack ish about what Dungy would do or who he'd help. So why even bring it up? Has a high-profile athlete ever been sentenced to jail for 2 years and then tried to make a return to the game? No? Then how can you make predictions about how people would react in an unprecedented situation?

Please don't tell me you are this naive.

I will come right out and say that if Vick was a white guy he wouldn't be getting half the support that he gets now. That includes Dungy. If Dungy really cared there are people in the world who REALLY need his help. Not some ex-football player who screwed his own life up.

I will come right out and say that if Vick was a white guy he wouldn't be getting half the support that he gets now. That includes Dungy. If Dungy really cared there are people in the world who REALLY need his help. Not some ex-football player who screwed his own life up.

So did Dan Reeves only reach out to Vick because he's black?

If you think Michael Vick "turns the ball after time after time" then you simply haven't seen him play, or are talking out of your arse. He does not turn the ball over much at all, part of the reason his teams were so successful. 52 INT in 74 games. As far as fumbles go he was middle of the pack, even with the fact that he was carrying the ball so much

His career INT% was only 3.0, which is the same as Dan Marino, Troy Aikman, and Jay Cutler. Better than Carson Palmer, Kurt Warner, Eli Manning, Tony Romo and Warren Moon

Hes not a conventional pocket passer but turnovers were never a big problem for him

And to compare him to vince young or kordell is silly

How have we not seen him play? don't forget its the eagles who forced vick to turn the ball over 3 or 4 times in the NFC Championship a few years ago...and you are compairing his INT% to players who have played twice as long as him or in Cutler's case, 1/2 as long as him, so your "statistics" are flawed...then you try to convince us he is a good QB by saying his int% is better than eli's and romo's, seriously??? that's such an accomplishment lmao...congrats

This is pretty much semantics and depends on how you define the world athlete. In terms of raw athletic ability, ie speed, quickness, there is no one who approaches vick. Throwing the ball is more skill than it is a component of athletic ability. Peyton Manning is an awesome thrower of the football but he is not a great athlete, even he would be the first to admit that.

Vick is not a great passer. He is not a conventional QB. But he's already proven that you can win a lot of games altering your offense to fit his style. He is also a better passer than given credit for, and was making strides before going to jail. He did throw 20 TD passes in his final season

But once the PO's rolled around Vick was easy to beat. If you look it up you see that Vick and the Falcons didn't beat very many good teams during his time as QB. There was a reason for that. The guys legs were gold but his head, arm and pain tolerance were not.

Does Dungy know these "people in the world who REALLY need his help"?

Does he know Vick?

Exactly.

Tony Dungy has been nothing short of classy throughout his entire career. And you're trying to take his classiness and make it seem like he's some kind of racist.

If some white player got into an issue, and a white coach started helping him out, would YOU be saying the same thing? No? Then go look in the mirror, chief.

But once the PO's rolled around Vick was easy to beat. If you look it up you see that Vick and the Falcons didn't beat very many good teams during his time as QB. There was a reason for that. The guys legs were gold but his head, arm and pain tolerance were not.

Vick won a couple of playoff games and did take a team to a conference title game. There is a middle ground between not having won a SB and being "easy to beat in the playoffs"

I don't see or hear Dan Reeves every day saying the same stupid stuff.

But my point still stands.

Apparently when Dungy goes out to help a man, he does it along racial lines.

He's like the black Hitler.

How have we not seen him play? don't forget its the eagles who forced vick to turn the ball over 3 or 4 times in the NFC Championship a few years ago...and you are compairing his INT% to players who have played twice as long as him or in Cutler's case, 1/2 as long as him, so your "statistics" are flawed...then you try to convince us he is a good QB by saying his int% is better than eli's and romo's, seriously??? that's such an accomplishment lmao...congrats

Not flawed at all. Do you know what percentage means? Im not talking total INT. Im talking the percentage of his career passes that have been picked off. He is at 3% which is very good. He is not a better passer than any of the QBs on that list, but to say he turns it over a ton is ridiculous.

Does he know Vick?

Exactly.

Tony Dungy has been nothing short of classy throughout his entire career. And you're trying to take his classiness and make it seem like he's some kind of racist.

If some white player got into an issue, and a white coach started helping him out, would YOU be saying the same thing? No? Then go look in the mirror, chief.

Well maybe Dungy should stop spending so much time with criminals who kill their own careers and get out in the world. Maybe if he did his son would still be alive.

You don't know Dungy so you have no clue how classy he is. Reid took a bunch of crap for his sons(deservedly so) yet Dungy's son was a freak and it gets brushed under the rug.

I don't want to get in the habit of defending Vick, but he only threw 1 INT in that game. Another one was called back due to a penalty, but officially, he only turned over the ball once.

Well maybe Dungy should stop spending so much time with criminals who kill their own careers and get out in the world. Maybe if he did his son would still be alive.

You don't know Dungy so you have no clue how classy he is. Reid took a bunch of crap for his sons(deservedly so) yet Dungy's son was a freak and it gets brushed under the rug.

:roll:

You're a lowlife scumbag and I'm glad you showed your true colors. His son committed suicide, just like the sons and daughters of many good (and bad) parents all over the world. How do you in one sentence tell me that "you dont know Dungy and have no clue how classy he is" and in the next sentence judge Dungy's abilities as a father because his teenage son committed suicide.

I don't know if you had internet access or reading comprehension skills back when Dungy's son died. But all the "He spends too much time at work!" "He's a terrible father" nonsense was being said about him...the same stuff we saw about Reid.

It's strange that you can be a football fan and have such disdain for a black dude and see the world divided by color lines. Makes me sick to know there are two-faced jerks like you in the Linc with me celebrating Westbrook TDs. I guess the black folks are okay if they're entertaining you though, huh....

Did this guy just use the suicide of Dungy's son and attempts to rehabilitate Mike Vick as examples of why he's a bad father and a racist?

I'm far from a Vick fan..but Jesus Christ....

:roll:

You're a lowlife scumbag and I'm glad you showed your true colors. His son committed suicide, just like the sons and daughters of many good (and bad) parents all over the world. How do you in one sentence tell me that "you dont know Dungy and have no clue how classy he is" and in the next sentence judge Dungy's abilities as a father because his teenage son committed suicide.

I don't know if you had internet access or reading comprehension skills back when Dungy's son died. But all the "He spends too much time at work!" "He's a terrible father" nonsense was being said about him...the same stuff we saw about Reid.

It's strange that you can be a football fan and have such disdain for a black dude and see the world divided by color lines. Makes me sick to know there are two-faced jerks like you in the Linc with me celebrating Westbrook TDs. I guess the black folks are okay if they're entertaining you though, huh....

I guess you apparently missed all the stuff that came out about Dungy's son on his different websites. I saw them first hand and until you do you should probably just leave this conversation so you don't wind up looking stupid. But I think it might be too late.

I'm not a scumbag I'm just not stupid enough to believe what I see on TV. Apparently you are, congratulations.

Dungy didn't take remotely close to the crap that Reid did. Which once again I say is deservedly so. If Reid deserves crap for his sons than Dungy does too. Apparently you have/had no clue what his son was into.

I feel bad for the people who tried to help their kids but lost them anyway. It sucks, I know.

I guess you apparently missed all the stuff that came out about Dungy's son on his different websites. I saw them first hand and until you do you should probably just leave this conversation so you don't wind up looking stupid. But I think it might be too late.

I'm not a scumbag I'm just not stupid enough to believe what I see on TV. Apparently you are, congratulations.

Yeah. Good point. A teenager's myspace page is a real good indicator of how they really are as a person. You could take any 12-18 year old in your extended family, look at their myspace or facebook, and find pictures of the girls trying to look mature and sexual and the guys trying to be tough, gangsta or whatever the F they call it these days. Myspace sites mean jack F'n ****.

I guess you're stupid enough to believe whatever you see on the internet though. Congratulations.

Dungy didn't take remotely close to the crap that Reid did. Which once again I say is deservedly so. If Reid deserves crap for his sons than Dungy does too. Apparently you have/had no clue what his son was into.

I feel bad for the people who tried to help their kids but lost them anyway. It sucks, I know.

Where did Reid "take crap"? Certainly not in the national media, so where was it? Philly message boards and Philly talk radio? Okay great...so were you reading through a lot of Indy message boards and listening to Indianapolis talk radio? How in F*** would you know what crap he was taking? You're a Philly fan so naturally you heard more news good and bad about Reid and his family situation.

People said Reid should retire and take care of the family? People said Dungy should take a year off from football. Poor white Reid...it ain't easy being a white coach in a black man's world...is that what you're getting at? All the "breaks" black coaches get....like people grieving for them when their son kills himself?

Yeah. Good point. A teenager's myspace page is a real good indicator of how they really are as a person. You could take any 12-18 year old in your extended family, look at their myspace or facebook, and find pictures of the girls trying to look mature and sexual and the guys trying to be tough, gangsta or whatever the F they call it these days. Myspace sites mean jack F'n ****.

I guess you're stupid enough to believe whatever you see on the internet though. Congratulations.

Maybe he's talking about the website articles about Dungy's son. Those were on the internet. So they HAVE to be true!

This debate reminds me of week 17 Eagles-Boys

Except I don't think IggleWalt has even managed 6 points on Bear Grylls

Walt is just taking a stand against these "liberal, PC, hippies". Who does Tony Dungy think he is, helping out a black guy? If Vick were white and Tony were white, this would be okay. But since they're both black, there's obviously some kind of conspiracy going on.

I was driving home yesterday and I saw this black guy broken down on the side of the road, and then another black guy pulled up to help him. And I was like "Hey, why don't you help me, you F'n racist!" My car was fine...but it's just the principle of the thing.

Please mods, ban this jerk.

I have no problem admitting I was wrong if and when he gets signed... it's just annoying everyday to hear something new about some phantom team knocking down Vick's door to sign him... if somebody was really interested wouldn't something have come about it by now?

Oh, wait, now the deadline is the end of the week. My bad.

Does he know Vick?

Exactly.

Dungy has always been known to favor the black race...I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but anytime there is a race issue Dungy has always spoken loud and clear in favor of the black race, this is not new or anything.

Michael Vick has been called overrated so much that he's actually severely underrated at this point. There is a reason he will eventually get back into the league even after perhaps the biggest public relations fiasco in the history of the NFL. That's because he can play. A lesser player than Michael Vick would have 0% chance of getting back into the league after the stunt he pulled

This is a guy who, in his short career...

- Won close to 60% of his starts

- Won multiple playoff games, including taking a team to an NFC title Game

- Is the best athlete to ever play the position

- Killed dogs by electrocution, drowning and repeatedly slamming them on the ground.

He is not now, nor will he ever be, a traditional QB. But he can help a team win games. And for all the talk about his lack of passing skills, lets not paint the guy out to be Vince Young. He did throw 20 TD passes in his final season. Does he have trouble reading defenses and making multiple reads on a play? Yes. But its not like hes forcing balls into coverage and throwing a lot of INT. When his first read isn't open, he's taking off and running the ball and making plays with his legs that other QB could not possibly dream of

If he is your QB, your offense will have to be far from conventional, but hes shown in the past that you can win games with him playing that style.

He's still a better option when it comes to winning games than about half the starting QB in the league. Whether or not he will ever regain his form after 2 years in jail though is another story

fixed