Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JBENT87

I wish Tony Dungy would STFU already

Adding a possitive to this negative post, RedZoneLive2009 This is a national event going on Aug 25th, be part of the solution not the problem. Talking about someone does not help, educate the youth, it starts here

Well maybe Dungy should stop spending so much time with criminals who kill their own careers and get out in the world. Maybe if he did his son would still be alive.

You don't know Dungy so you have no clue how classy he is. Reid took a bunch of crap for his sons(deservedly so) yet Dungy's son was a freak and it gets brushed under the rug.

Wow. I'm not going to judge all my philly brethren by what I hear in this mb posted by these hate filled

girls n boys. I'm just pretty freak'n shocked is all.

Saying the man should get out in the world then maybe his son wouldn't have killed himself?

I think GWB should be brought up on warm crimes and hope that god judges him harshly for eons but

I don't think I'd ever repeat what you've said here last week about a mans child.

I've heard some hate filled s*** in here but you really need help man. Seriously, god help you.

It has more to do with the fact that he SUCKS than it has to do with his legal past. He's a great athlete, there are many of those out there that haven't been in jail for two years. He might have looked like superman at times, but that's because he was a scrambling QB...imo sometimes there is so much real estate for QB's to exploit on a football field, they don't do it because they could get hurt or because they're not fast. When Vick scrambled, it made him look amazing. Put him back there to return a Kick off, he might be good, but he won't amaze anyone.

He's just not worth the baggage and history that he'll bring with him, sorry Dungy. Mad respect to you though.

you should really learn about football before you comment.

thats why my kids are going to hate me, I plan on doing alot of PI type stuff on my kids, searching thier computers, phone call records, who there friends are, background checks and everything else I can think of my kids will hate me, but at least i'll know EXACTLY what they are doing kinda like in my sisters case, found alot my parents had no idea about, and they are more careful now to look into her life

And then when they grow to be adults themselves, they end up resenting you for it, and cutting you out of their lives.

Watch out, or else you'll conjure the GREAT RACE BAITER - eephrim

Spelt my name wrong? Terrible.

But I bet you feel stupid now.

If you think Michael Vick "turns the ball after time after time" then you simply haven't seen him play, or are talking out of your arse. He does not turn the ball over much at all, part of the reason his teams were so successful. 52 INT in 74 games. As far as fumbles go he was middle of the pack, even with the fact that he was carrying the ball so much

His career INT% was only 3.0, which is the same as Dan Marino, Troy Aikman, and Jay Cutler. Better than Carson Palmer, Kurt Warner, Eli Manning, Tony Romo and Warren Moon

Hes not a conventional pocket passer but turnovers were never a big problem for him

And to compare him to vince young or kordell is silly

Are you kidding me? 52 INT's and 27 fumbles lost.....that's your franchise QB turning the ball over at least once per game......no, that's not acceptable. Not to mention his completion percentage and QB rating.

We can argue this all day, but the bottom line is this.....do you want the ball in his hands, as a QB, at a critical time? Not me.

Are you kidding me? 52 INT's and 27 fumbles lost.....that's your franchise QB turning the ball over at least once per game......no, that's not acceptable. Not to mention his completion percentage and QB rating.

We can argue this all day, but the bottom line is this.....do you want the ball in his hands, as a QB, at a critical time? Not me.

Eli Manning has 88 turnovers (74 Interceptions, 14 fumbles lost) in 73 games, which is a greater rate than VIck, has damn near the same QB rating (76.1 vs 75.7) for a career as Vick, has a 55% completion rate, and has a lower yards per

pass attempt avg than Vick, a running QB (6.4 vs 6.7). Without that Giant D and Burress, do you trust Eli at a critical time?

Its amazing a guy so terrible, Vick, has more playoff wins than Carson Palmer, Tony Romo, and Drew Brees COMBINED.....

Spelt my name wrong? Terrible.

But I bet you feel stupid now.

Not really. I feel stupid for having read something you've typed. But that's about it.

Eli Manning has 88 turnovers (74 Interceptions, 14 fumbles lost) in 73 games, which is a greater rate than VIck, has damn near the same QB rating (76.1 vs 75.7) for a career as Vick, has a 55% completion rate, and has a lower yards per

pass attempt avg than Vick, a running QB (6.4 vs 6.7). Without that Giant D and Burress, do you trust Eli at a critical time?

Its amazing a guy so terrible, Vick, has more playoff wins than Carson Palmer, Tony Romo, and Drew Brees COMBINED.....

Everybody who has watched eli manning knows that he is his absolute best when he is in a hurry-up offense, especially under 2 minutes......so YES, I absolutely would take manning over vick.

Please mods, ban this jerk.

Shut up. Maybe what he said was insensitive but nothing is worse then someone crying about banning someone about a comment he makes. I swear it gets harder and harder for people to say what's on their minds because idiots like you want to shut conversations down. Grow up, there are many other things said on this and other sites that are hard to read, but people still should have the right to say them.

Everybody who has watched eli manning knows that he is his absolute best when he is in a hurry-up offense, especially under 2 minutes......so YES, I absolutely would take manning over vick.

But Vick will never get the ball in critical time on out team.

Are you kidding me? 52 INT's and 27 fumbles lost.....that's your franchise QB turning the ball over at least once per game......

Um, thats really not a big turnover rate. I think you need to spend some time comparing that to other QBs around the league. 79 turnovers for Vick in 74 games. Peyton has 182 turnovers in 176 games. Tom Brady has 115 in 111 games. Carson Palmer has 79 turnovers in 65 games. Phil Rivers has 48 turnovers in 48 games. Drew Brees has 117 turnovers in 106 games. Consider those guys turnover prone? An average of a turnover per game does not make one turnover prone. Mike vick is not the QB any of the above are, but I will state again, turnovers were never Mike Vick's problem. The ability to not turn the ball over was one of his strengths.

Heck, even McNabb, who is considered one of the best QB of this generation at avoiding turnovers, has 132 turnovers in 134 games.

You have a very skewed perception of what constitutes being turnover prone

Vick has his issues as a QB, being turnover prone is not one of them though

Um, thats really not a big turnover rate. I think you need to spend some time comparing that to other QBs around the league. 79 turnovers for Vick in 74 games. Peyton has 182 turnovers in 176 games. Tom Brady has 115 in 111 games. Carson Palmer has 79 turnovers in 65 games. Phil Rivers has 48 turnovers in 48 games. Drew Brees has 117 turnovers in 106 games. Consider those guys turnover prone? An average of a turnover per game does not make one turnover prone. Mike vick is not the QB any of the above are, but I will state again, turnovers were never Mike Vick's problem. The ability to not turn the ball over was one of his strengths.

Heck, even McNabb, who is considered one of the best QB of this generation at avoiding turnovers, has 132 turnovers in 134 games.

You have a very skewed perception of what constitutes being turnover prone

Vick has his issues as a QB, being turnover prone is not one of them though

I was wrong to use "games" as a measurement. To compare vick with the QB's mentioned, perhaps using pass attempts and running attempts vs INT's and fumbles lost.

In other words, how many times does the QB handle the ball and how many time will he turn it over?

vick turns the ball over every 28.5 times he handles the ball

rivers every 32.1

brees every 33.0

brady every 34.2

p manning every 34.3

McNabb every 36.7

Palmer every 32.56

I'm not going to get into pass attempts vs int rate, but that shows it too.

DOH!!!

1. His WR were beyond awful. Eagle fans complain about the weapons McNabb had to work with in his career, well Vick had a WR starting for him that was actually cut from the Eagles (Finneran). A guy Reid didn't even think was as good as trash like James Thrash and Todd Pinkston (or even worthy of a roster spot) was starting for Vick and playing a significant role in the offense. He was the leading receiver, by more than double the next closest guy, in the 2002 season when they lost to Philly in round 2. He never had any WR until they drafted Roddy White and Vick only had him in the infancy of White's career. Don't take this out of context now and think I'm somehow saying Vick is better than McNabb. I happen to think McNabb is the 3rd best QB of the last decade and a much better QB than Vick, but there is no arguing Vick never had many weapons in the passing game and would have put up better numbers if he did

I'm tired of this excuse. Those same receivers that were "awful" with Vick, turned out to be pretty good once they got a real QB throwing to them, instead of a glorified RB. And that QB was Joey Harrington...so that's saying something.

Roddy White's best season with Vick: 30 rec, 506 yards

The very next season after Vick left: 83 rec, 1202 yards

Michael Jenkins in Vikc's last year: 39 rec, 436 yards

Next season without Vick: 53 rec, 532 yards

Looks to me like the QB made the receivers look bad, not the other way around.

Haha, what ya gonna do? You win some, you lose some.

It's ok. I still don't want him.

I was wrong to use "games" as a measurement. To compare vick with the QB's mentioned, perhaps using pass attempts and running attempts vs INT's and fumbles lost.

In other words, how many times does the QB handle the ball and how many time will he turn it over?

vick turns the ball over every 28.5 times he handles the ball

rivers every 32.1

brees every 33.0

brady every 34.2

p manning every 34.3

McNabb every 36.7

Palmer every 32.56

I'm not going to get into pass attempts vs int rate, but that shows it too.

Ill just take your word for those numbers. But I don't find it as significant enough of a difference to label him overly turnover prone. Especially since The guys I chose for comparison are guys who are probably above average in that statistic. Vick certainly has his faults, there are plenty of things you can knock him for. Plenty. But I don't think him being overly turnover prone is one. I would guess those numbers put him in the middle of the pack.

Moreso that any QB in the NFL.

Ill just take your word for those numbers. But I don't find it as significant enough of a difference to label him overly turnover prone. Especially since The guys I chose for comparison are guys who are probably above average in that statistic. Vick certainly has his faults, there are plenty of things you can knock him for. Plenty. But I don't think him being overly turnover prone is one. I would guess those numbers put him in the middle of the pack.

The guys we used for comparison are the upper echelon of QB's in the NFL. And vick doesn't belong there.

He does seem to fall in the middle of the pack for the stats I used with most nfl QB's......

The guys we used for comparison are the upper echelon of QB's in the NFL. And vick doesn't belong there.

He does seem to fall in the middle of the pack for the stats I used with most nfl QB's......

I was not putting him in the upper echelon of QB. I was comparing his turnover rates to guys who no one would consider turnover prone, to illustrate that turnovers were never a major problem for him