Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JBENT87

This years Arizona Cardinals...

The CINCINNATI BENGALS

In the Cardinals case last year, they flourished and got some cheap wins because their division was terrible. Obviously that isn't the case in the AFC North. However, a Troy-Polamalouless-Pittsburgh team looks beatable(as CIN already proved) and if they suffer another bigtime injury, they(PIT) could be in serious trouble.

Plus, Cinncy already has some big wins going into Lambeau week 2 and then week 3 against the reigning aforementioned Champs. I know it's only week 3, but the point is they look good right now. Maybe not Superbowl-bound, but don't rule them out of the postseason just yet b/c of their tough division. With a win this week vs. Cleveland and a possible BAL loss @ New England, they're tied for first. :unsure:

The CINCINNATI BENGALS

In the Cardinals case last year, they flourished and got some cheap wins because their division was terrible. Obviously that isn't the case in the NFC North. However, a Troy-Polamalouless-Pittsburgh team looks beatable(as CIN already proved) and if they suffer another bigtime injury, they(PIT) could be in serious trouble.

Plus, Cinncy already has some big wins going into Lambeau week 2 and then week 3 against the reigning aforementioned Champs. I know it's only week 3, but the point is they look good right now. Maybe not Superbowl-bound, but don't rule them out of the postseason just yet b/c of their tough division. With a win this week vs. Cleveland and a possible BAL loss @ New England, they're tied for first. :unsure:

LMAO at that, dude the ravens are total taking thet divison and the bengals are going to fail again, just watch

that team sucks

The CINCINNATI BENGALS

In the Cardinals case last year, they flourished and got some cheap wins because their division was terrible. Obviously that isn't the case in the NFC North. However, a Troy-Polamalouless-Pittsburgh team looks beatable(as CIN already proved) and if they suffer another bigtime injury, they(PIT) could be in serious trouble.

The Bengals will beat the Browns, but I think the Ravens win in New England. I think the Benglas will eventually show that they're the same ole Bengals eventually.

The Bengals will beat the Browns, but I think the Ravens win in New England. I think the Benglas will eventually show that they're the same ole Bengals eventually.

Never count out the Patriots. They are extremely crafty.

The CINCINNATI BENGALS

Their defense blows, offense is okay. Anything can happen, but I am not that impressed with the Bengals.

Their defense blows, offense is okay. Anything can happen, but I am not that impressed with the Bengals.

Given enough time, Palmer gives them a shot at winning most games. They should compete for a wild card spot this year with the Steelers and Pats/Jets. But probably wont go far in the play-offs if they make it.

You mean "Krafty"

Ah, can't resist a stupid pun.

And the Patriots are good, but I think the Ravens are better this year.

I'm not sure about the Bengals yet, although I do like them a lot.

Agreed. I actually think the Pats win this weekend even though I think Baltimore is the better team overall.

The CINCINNATI BENGALS

And therefore, they are not the Cards of a year ago.

If the Cards were in any other division, that 8-8 record would not have gotten them into the playoffs. It would not have mattered how good they played down the stretch.

Actually their defense is pretty good and they were pretty good last year too. The Bengals gave NFC East teams all they could handle.

Actually their defense is pretty good and they were pretty good last year too. The Bengals gave NFC East teams all they could handle.

Their defense is better but still not good, IMO. I don't know why the NFC east had a hard time with them last year, maybe they just weren't that up for a weak non conference opponent. Steelers had no trouble with the Bengals last year and should have really beaten them up pretty good last week. I'm really not that impressed with them. Now Baltimore, that is a different story.

I can't blame ya for not wanting to hop on the bandwagon just yet, especially b/c you're a Steelers fan but I don't think you can say their defense blows. Joseph and Hall are a great duo at CB, they have some talent at LB in the rookie, Rivers and the bowtie-wearing-banjo-player and Antwan Odom is on fire right now.

Now that just isn't true.

The Bengals defense is pretty solid actually. No, it's not the Steelers defense, but it far from "blows"

Last season, the D was solid, too, but they had no offense without Carson Palmer.

Palmer hasn't been Drew Brees out there, but he's making plays that Ryan Fitzpatrick couldn't.

Also, Cedric Benson is emerging as a pretty solid player, too.

Honestly, they're no Super Bowl contender, but they're a solid 8-8, 9-7-type team (like the Cardinals actually)

I think the Pats will be a factor for the playoffs, but I just don't trust their defense with all their losses, and what I have seen of the Pats so far, I don't like their O-Line also. They'll win a lot of games, but I don't think they're a strong Super Bowl threat right now. As for this week, the Ravens are as complete of a team as I've seen.

The CINCINNATI BENGALS

Right again JBent.

The Bengals are for real. This team is not playing over their heads like the Broncos they are for real. Marv Lewis has been drafting that D for what 5 years now? It's finally paying off, that D is not some patchwork group playing bend don't break it is stocked with blue chip prospects and peppered with solid FA moves and it has the talent level to attack good offenses.

Plus, it's time to start believing in Cedric Benson. Benson is not the first high pick rb that takes a few years to learn to run in the NFL (see Thomas Jones and Garrison Hearst). Benson is a top flight talent who has put it all together. They are winning games and Carson Palmer hasn't even come around yet, and he will.

Baltimore looks like the class of the conference right now, but Cincy looks playoff legit. Pitt needs to get its act together or miss the playoffs.

An excerpt from Pete Prisco's recent Power Rankings, If I may:

PR

I know that's what many of you said, and it's what many of my colleagues said, when I picked the Cincinnati Bengals to make the playoffs.

But in the past few weeks, I'd be a rich man -- OK, I would be able to buy a nice tuna sandwich -- if I had a dollar for every time I've heard this:

"When you picked the Bengals, I laughed. I guess you were right."

Halfway home, I might be.

We've seen teams fall apart in the second half of a season -- especially teams like the Bengals, who have had a dark cloud following the franchise for years. But I'm starting to get the idea this is a different Cincinnati Bengals team.

You are as well.

It's OK to admit it. The Bengals are a good team. They are this year's Arizona Cardinals.

:whistle:

Seriously though, I don't see them beating the Steelers in Pittsburgh this week. Stranger things have happened, though.

They're more complete than Arizona was last year, they have a star QB, a star WR, and a POWERFUL running game...and a good, stifling defense. This is not a team that's just waiting to be exposed, this is a good, solid football team. And they're built for bad weather too.

They're more complete than Arizona was last year, they have a star QB, a star WR, and a POWERFUL running game...and a good, stifling defense. This is not a team that's just waiting to be exposed, this is a good, solid football team. And they're built for bad weather too.

I agree. Without the specifics mentioned, the Bengals are alike the Cards in the sense that nobody would've picked them to come out of their conference coming into the season but now here they are, better than anticipated. So yeah, it may be a stretch to refer to them as THIS YEARS Cardinals, because there may be more differences than similarities but it's time to give them some respect.

their defense is arguably better than the offense

rivers and malualuga are future studs(and playing great now) and they have the best CB tandem in the AFC hands down

edit: didnt see the date of the post :P

I agree. Without the specifics mentioned, the Bengals are alike in the Cards in the sense that nobody would've picked them to come out of their conference coming into the season but now here they are, better than anticipated. So yeah, it may be a stretch to refer to them as THIS YEARS Cardinals, because there may be more differences than similarities but it's time to give them some respect.

Too many good wins on their resume`, and as you mentioned they're in a tough freakin division, unlike the Cardinals last year. If you don't take them seriously now, you will get pounded.