Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

judunno

Time Warner cable issues with FOX

Does this mean we have to watch the Game locally with Rabbit Ears this weekend while Fox and the Cable companies Feud?

Time Warner is the only cable company in a dispute with FOX. Nobody else will experience any problems.

TWC would blackout this game nationally?? Man if I dont get this game I'm going to kill someone

If somehow you don't get the game, you can PM me and I'll try to find a stream for you.

If somehow you don't get the game, you can PM me and I'll try to find a stream for you.

That would be great thanks! Im still going to kill someone at TWC tho :D

TWC would blackout this game nationally?? Man if I dont get this game I'm going to kill someone

It's not the game, they're blacking out FOX period.

It's not the game, they're blacking out FOX period.

Whats this dispute about? This is the first I've heard.

Whats this dispute about? This is the first I've heard.

I'd first heard about it a couple days ago & from what the report said, it's over a money increase to carry the station. One side wants the other to charge the customers more to carry it. It's like the standoff between DirecTV & Comcast over the Versus channel.

That would be great thanks! Im still going to kill someone at TWC tho :D

Oh. I thought that when I provided that to you I would be safe.

:unsure:

Appears TWC is going to lose some subscribers with this fiasco. Not smart in a recession. Dont F with peoples Football!

Does this mean we have to watch the Game locally with Rabbit Ears this weekend while Fox and the Cable companies Feud?

Go here:

http://rolloverorgettough.com/

type in your zip code... the channels that you will stop receiving as of midnight, Dec 31 will appear on the right.

In many citys, the FOX main network channel *is not* stopping. In a bunch of major cities it is... Dallas for one.

In cities where the FOX affiliate is partly or wholly owned by FOX Broadcasting, the FOX network itself will be blacked out.

In cities where the affiliate is owned by an independent company, it is up to that company if they will stop broadcasting (for instance... in Raleigh, NC the FOX affiliate is owned by Capitol Broadcasting and they will continue provide the Raleigh/Durham broadcast area Time Warner outlet with the FOX network... all the other FOX networks (Food Network, Fox Reality Channel,Fox Soccer Channel,Fox Sports World Espanol,Fuel,FX,Great American Country,Speed Channel) will be blacked out though.

Short, high level overview...

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=9453829

The biggest problem of all is that Time Warner f'ed themselves in their last contract with CBS. Somehow they let CBS work in a price match guarantee of some kind that basically says if another network negotiates a better per-subscriber rate, the CBS rate goes up accordingly.

If Time Warner pays more to Fox, they will also have to pay more to CBS.

My roommate works for Time Warner Cable. The battle between FOX and TWC has been postponed two days. I'm not sure what this means as far as the game Sunday afternoon. I'll ask him in the morning and update this message. But from what he's told me, the games this weekend should be fine. Having upset football fans is good for neither company.