Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chriscross30

WARNING!

I don't mean to offend you any more than has already happened in this situation... but your reaction to the situation should have been to set an example to the kid.

Instead of implying that that he should be greatly offended or feel ashamed for what was said to him (as vehemently as you have been going on about this, it sounds like you are projecting your own feelings on to him...), you should simply have pointed out that there are ignorant people in the world who should be pitied for how how they treat others.

The greatest comeback in that kind of situation is simply to point out the ignorance of the other individual... it removes the need for feeling offended, or for being angry or for feeling ashamed. It puts the burdern of the situation back on the other person and you can go about your day with that behind you. Better still, you teach the child to put it behind him. The lesson is that smart people dont behave like that... he'll know he doesn't have to be ashamed, angry or return the insult... he just needs to be *smarter* than the other guy. The only thing you can do is teach the ones that are still able to learn the right thing. The other guy in this case isn't going to learn anything. Even if he gets his a** kicked.

15 years from now the kid and the other guys kid can compare W2s... odds are the smart one is doing okay.

Very eloquent, concise I give it a 8.

Now to the rest of us neanderthals (which my w2 is on point) we can grunt holler and pound... with other neanderthals.

and again not kids or even the elderly... cheap thrills are weak.... real weak.

I don't mean to offend you any more than has already happened in this situation... but your reaction to the situation should have been to set an example to the kid.

Instead of implying that that he should be greatly offended or feel ashamed for what was said to him (as vehemently as you have been going on about this, it sounds like you are projecting your own feelings on to him...), you should simply have pointed out that there are ignorant people in the world who should be pitied for how how they treat others.

The greatest comeback in that kind of situation is simply to point out the ignorance of the other individual... it removes the need for feeling offended, or for being angry or for feeling ashamed. It puts the burdern of the situation back on the other person and you can go about your day with that behind you. Better still, you teach the child to put it behind him. The lesson is that smart people dont behave like that... he'll know he doesn't have to be ashamed, angry or return the insult... he just needs to be *smarter* than the other guy. The only thing you can do is teach the ones that are still able to learn the right thing. The other guy in this case isn't going to learn anything. Even if he gets his a** kicked.

15 years from now the kid and the other guys kid can compare W2s... odds are the smart one is doing okay.

If you read on, you will see, where I explained to my nephew the guy was an A-hole. I continued to respond because some posters felt it was okay to use such language at a football game, even at a 12 yr old. Thanks for your response.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a jail cell in the stadium at the Linc?

Goes to show how unruly the fans in Philly really are.

There is a jail cell in TEXAS STADIUM. I was there before they took me to Arlington jail.

Thanks for all the support folks. Eagle_smiley.jpg. I could use all I can get right now. See you all in Philly next year for some Eagles love. COWBOYS STILL SUCK

No faith in your team huh? That's okay, Dallas will add another Ring before Philly gets one.

No faith in your team huh? That's okay, Dallas will add another Ring before Philly gets one.

I went to jail because I am a diehard bleeding green Eagles fan. I said see you next year because I live in Texas and will never go to redneckville again. Arlington sucks period and don't ever question my loyalty again.

Don't yell Dallas sucks to much you might just get arrested and assulted by the police like I did. Arlington sucks, how convenient is it that the city jail is one block from the stadium. The cops are stuck up ****, I received a P.I. and resisting arrest for representing our team and I wasen't even drunk. I told the cops to give me tests and they refused to do so. I thought it was supposed to be the other way around. Just be careful. There were a lot more eagles fans then cowboys fans in the jail. I truly beleive that my first amendment rights were violated. Don't stay at the days inn on collins street across from the stadium our mattress had piss on it and we had no heat. Also if you are staying close to the stadium expect to pay a 65$ parking fee even if you have a room. If you have seats up top put some good walking shoes on. I have never walked up so many steps in my life. There are no smoking areas in the stadium at all. Overall experience Jerry Jones ,Dallas and Arlington suck. I give it a minus 10 and will never go back. Only the Linc will get my money from here on out. What a freakin day, one I will never forget.

Anyone dumb enough to yell "Dallas Sucks" while they are kicking the Eagles a** deserves to be arrested.

Anyone dumb enough to yell "Dallas Sucks" while they are kicking the Eagles a** deserves to be arrested.

I'm glad an eagles fan said it.

Another funny story: I was at the Fedex Field game last weekend when Dallas shutout the skins and the Skins fans had the audacity to shout Dallas sucks to every Dallas jersey they saw. I just kept chanting back...4-10 (this was prior to them losing)

Dude you weren't there and I am seriously pissed. You may be a sheep but I am a wolf and I will stand up for my rights.

I'm glad an eagles fan said it.

Another funny story: I was at the Fedex Field game last weekend when Dallas shutout the skins and the Skins fans had the audacity to shout Dallas sucks to every Dallas jersey they saw. I just kept chanting back...4-10 (this was prior to them losing)

LOL that reminds me of when I went to Washington in 2004 some fan was getting on me because the Skins were driving at the end of the game then when Dawkins made the pick I turned around and he was already gone. On the way out of the stadium some other drunk got in my face because they "shut down Owens." Like OK congrats you almost won the game and held Owens under 4 catches should we really have a fist fight over that? It amazes me how dumb some fans are.

Well, that's a lot better treatment than my 12 yr old nephew got at the Linc..when some a-hole in an Eagles jersey called him a little (N-word) in a suck a** Dallas jersey! Now that was classy, huh?

And that man had teeth after that?

Dude you weren't there and I am seriously pissed. You may be a sheep but I am a wolf and I will stand up for my rights.

Maybe I just don't believe you. Sorry but I find it hard to believe that Dallas police officers have nothing better to do then walk into the seating area and arrest fans for wearing Eagles jerseys. You were probably being a pain in the a** and were warned several times until STADIUM SECURITY was forced to remove you. Whatever happened after that is what you were arrested for.

On behalf of the vast majority Eagles fans, I'm sorry you went through this.

Visiting fans in Philly venues are going to get dumped on, but saying what was said to a 12-year old is out of bounds.

I'll second that.

Situations like this are uncalled for. I'm not sure if it was a drunken idiot who just got carried away or a potentially dangerous individual, but either way it's uncalled for. When you consider the history of race, it's easy to see why people get worried that every idiot may be the dangerous kind. This is just how adults would feel. There is no reason to bring that upon a child.

Arrest is bad, but, possibly placing that fear upon a child is ridiculous as well. Like Swami said with the first story you don't know if he was giving the full truth. With this story though, I have no doubt that it does and did happen.

Maybe I just don't believe you. Sorry but I find it hard to believe that Dallas police officers have nothing better to do then walk into the seating area and arrest fans for wearing Eagles jerseys. You were probably being a pain in the a** and were warned several times until STADIUM SECURITY was forced to remove you. Whatever happened after that is what you were arrested for.

I was never warned and I was jumped on by three cops. Stadium security never gave me a chance. Go for yourself and show some passion for the Eagles. You don't have to beleive me but I was a VICTIM.

And that man had teeth after that?

Well..I'm not sure he had teeth at all..lol! But anyway, it wouldn't have done my nephew any good, to see his auntie arrested and have to sit in a police station waiting for someone to come pick him up and bail me out...now that would have traumatized him! :-)

Well..I'm not sure he had teeth at all..lol! But anyway, it wouldn't have done my nephew any good, to see his auntie arrested and have to sit in a police station waiting for someone to come pick him up and bail me out...now that would have traumatized him! :-)

How do you think my wife felt because thats what she went through with me.

Maybe if you hadn't been wearing your clothes backwards you would not have been arrested.

Don't yell Dallas sucks to much you might just get arrested and assulted by the police like I did. Arlington sucks, how convenient is it that the city jail is one block from the stadium. The cops are stuck up ****, I received a P.I. and resisting arrest for representing our team and I wasen't even drunk. I told the cops to give me tests and they refused to do so. I thought it was supposed to be the other way around. Just be careful. There were a lot more eagles fans then cowboys fans in the jail. I truly beleive that my first amendment rights were violated. Don't stay at the days inn on collins street across from the stadium our mattress had piss on it and we had no heat. Also if you are staying close to the stadium expect to pay a 65$ parking fee even if you have a room. If you have seats up top put some good walking shoes on. I have never walked up so many steps in my life. There are no smoking areas in the stadium at all. Overall experience Jerry Jones ,Dallas and Arlington suck. I give it a minus 10 and will never go back. Only the Linc will get my money from here on out. What a freakin day, one I will never forget.

Were you wearing a McNabb jersey?

Is this you?

IMG950918.jpg