Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eagles_crazy

Rank the NFC East quarterbacks now!

:roll:

Only in TATE

How do you explain Brady and the 01 patriots?

you can stop laughing at yourself because that couldn't be any more irrelevant to this conversation.

Plus 2,843 yards 18 TD and and 12 INT is not that impressive to even be talking about so get off T. Bradys nuts.

Plus if you knew anything about football that defense won them that superbowl. They had plenty of HOF defenders on that team

4,806 yards 50 TD and 8 INT in 2007 Randy Moss had 1,493 and 22 TDs this year

4,398 yards 28 TD and 13 INT in 2009 Randy MOss had 1,264 and 13 TDs this year

You noticed how Tom Brady's best two years in his career came when Moss was on the team the Jerry Rice of our generation.

Thank you for proving my point

1. Kolb

2. Who gives a sh%$

3. Who gives a double sh%$

4. Who gives a triple sh%$

1. Kolb

2. Who gives a sh%$

3. Who gives a double sh%$

4. Who gives a triple sh%$

You're grossly under rating trip sh%$ -_-

1st - Wash with Mcnabb (I am not a hypocrite, I thought the eagles had the best qb in the NFC when Mcnabb was here, and now think that the Skins have the best QB with Mcnabb

2nd - Giants - Eli (only bc he has had the most success of any of the NFC qbs)

3rd - Cowboys - Romo (yes Romo is a choke artist)

4th - Kolb/Vick

:thumbsup: agree

McNabb is still going to have to carry the offense. Sure Shanny runs the ball more but they have no o-line and 3 running backs with injury problems. McNabb also doesn't have alot of weapons to throw to other than Cooley and Moss. McNabb's offense with the Eagles was far better.

Now of course there is always that option for the Skins to add T.O.. :thumbsdown:

4,806 yards 50 TD and 8 INT in 2007 Randy Moss had 1,493 and 22 TDs this year

4,398 yards 28 TD and 13 INT in 2009 Randy MOss had 1,264 and 13 TDs this year

You noticed how Tom Brady's best two years in his career came when Moss was on the team the Jerry Rice of our generation.

Thank you for proving my point

His 09 season was pretty much what he averages each season and the same as his 02 and 04 seasons except he had 14 int instead of 13. Both those seasons were without Moss.

W/out Moss:

00: 0td, 0int

01: 18td, 12int

02: 28td, 14int

03: 23td, 12int

04: 28td, 14int

05: 26td, 14int

06: 24td, 12int

W/ Moss:

07: 50td, 8int, Moss: 1493 yards, 23td (Welker led in catches and had 300 less yards)

08: 0td, 0int, Moss: 1008 yards, 11td (Welker led in yards and catches)

09: 28td, 13int, Moss: 1264 yards, 13td (Welker led in yards and catches)

Take away the 07 numbers and Brady was just as good without Moss as he was with him. 2007 was an amazing year, something that wont happen again and rarely happens. Oh and in the Moss years his pass attempts went up.

1. Romo- sorry, but he has escapabiliy, accuracy, and can read defenses

2. McNabb- still has escapability, incredible poise, great arm, bad accuracy (but knows it, so...)

3. Kolb- my personal opinion as far as holistically judging experience and ability. Showed good poise, footwork in the pocket, steps up to avoid the rush, great accuracy. The other stuff may or may not come in playing time.

4. Manning- without a stellar line and a great defense, he's just a bytch

I'll wait until after this year. Prior to this season I had it Mcnabb, Eli and Romo, and the reason I had Romo 3rd was because of his blow up games, where he just came out and ished the bed, and he just forced too many things. Watching them play this year however, week in, week out Romo was the best QB in the division, followed closely by Eli (who really impressed me this year) and Mcnabb a distant 3rd. If Romo takes care of the ball this year, like he did last year, I'll have to say him.

I know Eli has a ring and Mcnabb has more playoff success, but I think the QB gets too much credit and blame for a teams success, I think both the Giants and Eagles OL's were better than Dallas, I think their WR's are better than Dallas, yet Romo produced more, I just watch Eli and Mcnabb play and notice how many times they sit back there with all day to throw, while Romo never has that luxury. If you go look at a highlight reel of all his td's this year, you'd be surprised how many times he had to make a guy miss before throwing the TD. Well see though this year, if he goes back to his old ways, I'll have to drop him back down.

i know some will disagree, and will even have valid points in doing so, I'm just giving my opinion. The truth is, you put a good supporting cast around Romo, Eli and Mcnabb, and they are all good enough, and that is all that matters. Romo, Eli and Mcnabb are not good enough to carry inferior teams (Mcnabb used to be years ago, but isn't anymore) , but they are good enough. If Dallas, Redskins or the Giants under achieve, it won't be because of the QB's. I think Kolb will be pretty good too. He has no excuses, great weapons, good OL, and been in the same system from day 1

I'll wait until after this year. Prior to this season I had it Mcnabb, Eli and Romo, and the reason I had Romo 3rd was because of his blow up games, where he just came out and ished the bed, and he just forced too many things. Watching them play this year however, week in, week out Romo was the best QB in the division, followed closely by Eli (who really impressed me this year) and Mcnabb a distant 3rd. If Romo takes care of the ball this year, like he did last year, I'll have to say him.

I know Eli has a ring and Mcnabb has more playoff success, but I think the QB gets too much credit and blame for a teams success, I think both the Giants and Eagles OL's were better than Dallas, I think their WR's are better than Dallas, yet Romo produced more, I just watch Eli and Mcnabb play and notice how many times they sit back there with all day to throw, while Romo never has that luxury. If you go look at a highlight reel of all his td's this year, you'd be surprised how many times he had to make a guy miss before throwing the TD. Well see though this year, if he goes back to his old ways, I'll have to drop him back down.

i know some will disagree, and will even have valid points in doing so, I'm just giving my opinion. The truth is, you put a good supporting cast around Romo, Eli and Mcnabb, and they are all good enough, and that is all that matters. Romo, Eli and Mcnabb are not good enough to carry inferior teams (Mcnabb used to be years ago, but isn't anymore) , but they are good enough. If Dallas, Redskins or the Giants under achieve, it won't be because of the QB's. I think Kolb will be pretty good too. He has no excuses, great weapons, good OL, and been in the same system from day 1

Colored glasses that we're all a bit guilty of wearing.

Looking back at last season, I would bet that Romo had MUCH more time to throw that Eli. Opie always looked like he was under duress.

I really do like Kolb. He won't be the best NFC East quarterback this season, but possibly when the season is over and going into the 2011 season, he'll be a top quarterback in the NFL.

Phillip Rivers says anything is possible. ;)

Mcnabb

Romo

Manning

Kolb

Oh- and if this isnt enough

Barber/Jones

Portis/Johnson/Parker

Jacobs/Bradshaw

McCoy/Bell

This will be a fun year

I hope you realize, these three all have one big flaw. PRESSURE.

It all depends on the lines to determine the best QB.

Last thing I remember, Kolb took a mad blitz through the B Gaps with only a split second to throw, and fired over the middle catching Jason Avant in stride with barely enough time to even drop. =)

Maybe there is hope.

Last thing I remember, Kolb took a mad blitz through the B Gaps with only a split second to throw, and fired over the middle catching Jason Avant in stride with barely enough time to even drop. =)

Maybe there is hope.

ummm, pretty much every QB has that flaw. you might see an exception here and there where a QB is pummeled and has a good game, but that is the exception, not the rule. I can think of plays here or there where many QB's made a play like Kolb did, heck I can think of a bunch of them , but you let any QB get pressured all game, not even be able to set his feet, and chances are, he's going to have a bad game......even the great Kevin Kolb.

Colored glasses that we're all a bit guilty of wearing.

Looking back at last season, I would bet that Romo had MUCH more time to throw that Eli. Opie always looked like he was under duress.

Eli actually impressed me last year, because he was under more pressure than in the past, and the running game bailed on him, and he played his best football

Maybe there is hope.

Romo and Manning are not bad against pressure...except when their offensive lines collapse and are left running for their lives, but that's not "pressure" really that's just getting manhandled.

Maybe there is hope.

QB's vs the blitz here is a chart relating how QB's did vs the blitz

I don't know why you guys are putting kolb in, when everyone knows by the end of the season the eagles QB will be either Vick or Jeff Garcia

I don't know why you guys are putting kolb in, when everyone knows by the end of the season the eagles QB will be either Vick or Jeff Garcia

You better hold onto Jason Campbell, when Mcnabb misses two or three games this year you're going to need a veteran backup to play.

Oh wait, you have Rex Grossman...winner!