Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eagles_crazy

Rank the NFC East quarterbacks now!

His 09 season was pretty much what he averages each season and the same as his 02 and 04 seasons except he had 14 int instead of 13. Both those seasons were without Moss.

W/out Moss:

00: 0td, 0int

01: 18td, 12int

02: 28td, 14int

03: 23td, 12int

04: 28td, 14int

05: 26td, 14int

06: 24td, 12int

W/ Moss:

07: 50td, 8int, Moss: 1493 yards, 23td (Welker led in catches and had 300 less yards)

08: 0td, 0int, Moss: 1008 yards, 11td (Welker led in yards and catches)

09: 28td, 13int, Moss: 1264 yards, 13td (Welker led in yards and catches)

Take away the 07 numbers and Brady was just as good without Moss as he was with him. 2007 was an amazing year, something that wont happen again and rarely happens. Oh and in the Moss years his pass attempts went up.

I understand what you were saying but you are not takin into consideration that Brady was most likely at his "prime" during the beginning middle of his career. He is about to be 33 years old.

I also do believe a QB can have his prime late in his career but thats not always the case. Like you said this is something that rarely happens Imagine if Moss and his were teammates back in the 01-07 era with moss also being in his "prime."

Also TD and INT are great but look at the verticle threat Moss gives that team. Brady was never a 4000 yard QB until Moss came into play. Most QBs never make the 4000 yard mark unless they have a Stud WR(s)

Also they did on average throw around 40 more passes a year when Moss joined the team but thats because they dont have a running game anymore. ( even though that didnt last long with Corey Dillion having one breakout year) They know they cant run so why do it.

Also T. Bradys Yards per attempt, QB rating, accuracacy, and Yards per game shot up as soon as Moss joined the team. Coincidence???? I think not.

All I am saying is that Moss makes Tom Brady better and if you dont agree with that logic then you dont know much about football.

Kolb

McNabb

Romo

Manning

Final answer.

Dude, just stop... absurd comments like this are comparable to when you were like 5 years old and said "my dad can beat up your dad"!

Does anyone really think Donny's mechanics are going to miraculously change one the Skins jersey is on? He will still throw it in the dirt. He can't hit receivers until they are out of their break. Short-Intermediate passes will still be inaccurate. He is undecisive due to being injured so much. His wheels are now flat and look to stay in the pocket more often.

This is all things Eagles fans have seen before. He had big play ability combined with using his legs. Now what?

romo

mcnabb

kolb/manning

next year? probably a totally different story.

:lol:

So without starting 3 games, Kolb is Manning's equal?

:roll:

:offtopic: (kindda)

Manning is a better player now than McNabb...no GM or talent evaluator is going to say 5 is better...Manning posted better numbers this year and will next year (better players around him)...then McNabb turns 35 in 2 years...game over

So without starting 3 games, Kolb is Manning's equal?

:roll:

:offtopic: (kindda)

Manning is a better player now than McNabb...no GM or talent evaluator is going to say 5 is better...Manning posted better numbers this year and will next year (better players around him)...then McNabb turns 35 in 2 years...game over

interchangeable. i've seen eli ish the bed too often for him to be considered anything more than Serviceable, which is all kolb's been so far but kolb's got the greater potential at this point.

Kolb

McNabb

Romo

Manning

Final answer.

:lol: Really? What are you going off of?

romo

mcnabb

kolb/manning

next year? probably a totally different story.

I agree with that. Manning is just not good. I could careless about this ring. No Plax no good QB.

I agree with that. Manning is just not good. I could careless about this ring. No Plax no good QB.

So if you could care less then you actually care somewhat.

interchangeable. i've seen eli ish the bed too often for him to be considered anything more than Serviceable, which is all kolb's been so far but kolb's got the greater potential at this point.

some people are just either clueless regarding the position or (more likely) so blinded by hate/jealousy of how Manning has evolved into a top 10 QB in this league after years of doubt and mocking him....

some people are just either clueless regarding the position or (more likely) so blinded by hate/jealousy of how Manning has evolved into a top 10 QB in this league after years of doubt and mocking him....

not to be politically correct on you but i see Manning in the top 10-15 range.

He has a career throwing percent of 57 which is lower then McNabb.

If Steve Smith never showed up randomly this year we wouldnt even consider Manning a top 10 or even 15.

I am not sayin Manning is better or worse then Kolb or anything I just disagree with the statment of him being a top 10 QB.

He has most of the tools that allow him to do that with a above average OL and he always seemed to have weapons around him.

Ohhh and i do agree with you that he is evolving into a better QB but still..... this year aside..... he was never even that much above average.

If Steve Smith never showed up randomly this year we wouldnt even consider Manning a top 10 or even 15.

I am not sayin Manning is better or worse then Kolb or anything I just disagree with the statment of him being a top 10 QB.

He has most of the tools that allow him to do that with a above average OL and he always seemed to have weapons around him.

Ohhh and i do agree with you that he is evolving into a better QB but still..... this year aside..... he was never even that much above average.

So in the past, it was Plaxico who made Manning and now it's Steve Smith (who sucks according to some on these boards)? I don't want to get into a huge argument here today, but everyone here was dying to see Manning perform this season without his "security balnket" Burress as well as "old reliable" Amani Toomer..the result? His best statistical season by far...it was even more impressive than the #'s indicate because he was breaking in 2 important cogs in Manningham and Nicks while dealing with the unexpected failures along the O-Line and running game...to say he isn't easily top 10 right now is incredible foolish...sorry, but that's just my humble opinion...

So in the past, it was Plaxico who made Manning and now it's Steve Smith (who sucks according to some on these boards)? I don't want to get into a huge argument here today, but everyone here was dying to see Manning perform this season without his "security balnket" Burress as well as "old reliable" Amani Toomer..the result? His best statistical season by far...it was even more impressive than the #'s indicate because he was breaking in 2 important cogs in Manningham and Nicks while dealing with the unexpected failures along the O-Line and running game...to say he isn't easily top 10 right now is incredible foolish...sorry, but that's just my humble opinion...

opinion accepted but players drop off after one year, defense learn to stop players after one year, etc.. I just like to give a player a few years before calling them the top 10 in their position.

I need to see year in and year out results. I think Manning is a talented QB after everyone thought he was gonna fail with this years WR group and yes he did prove everyone wrong but he still only had one great year the rest were just good or even average.

I refuse to call him a top ten QB until he proves otherwise through his play this year. He is close though just not there yet. My opinion of coarse.

Statistically I agree. Stats tell about 1/2 of the story tho.

"Best" is somewhat subjective as we usually see different guru's and fans alike ranking top QBs differently.

For me, Manning, DMac and Romo are all in the 2nd tier. All show 1st tier flashes but perform less consistently than IMO, PManning, Brees and Brady. That said, Brady wasn't great in 2009, Brees has had his lumps prior to 2009. Payton is (again IMO) the most consistent top QB in the league.

Similar to ranking top defenses. There are variables that make one teams stats better than another (like the ability of the same teams offense to keep that top defense off of the field).