Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eagles_crazy

Rank the NFC East quarterbacks now!

did Manning or McNabb have his team in the playoffs last season....

Yeah, Manning was a** last season. Screw that goober ****.

because week in/week out Romo just plays better, while being under more pressure, he throws for a higher completion percentage, more td's, less turnovers. Now i'm not saying Romo is way better than Eli, and actually prior to the early part of this season, I'd have taken Eli (I want to see if Romo continues his play from this year before I say he is better) , but you could easily make a logical case for it. I think Eli and Romo are in the same class of QB. I think both are good enough with a supporting cast to get you where you need to go.

More pressure of what?

He plays in an offense that doesn't enforce many short throws on drags, the Giants like going down field. Eli was first in the league in "big play passes" (25> yards), over Brees and Rogers, who were 2nd/3rd. Eli played with a bum foot all season, and it was obviously bothering him shortly after it happened (Saints, Cardinals, Eagles games). Those games the offense sputtered and with no offense, this team was screwed because the defense was absolute garbage.

Fair enough, I'm not saying one is heads better than another, but when somebody would say something ignorant and not do anything to back it up or give an explanation why, it's annoying. I would still take both over McNabb.

Hey Gritz, Palmer and Sanchez were average in the regular season and carried by their run games and defense. Especially Sanchez. But good job trying to look sensible.

yes the teams with the better QB's make the playoffs.

look up last season.

Was this sarcasm or are you implying Mark Sanchez is one of the bettet QB's in the league?

It applies everywhere else, though.

Brees

Favre

McNabb

Romo

Warner

Rodgers

Peyton

Brady

Rivers

Palmer

Flacco

Besides maybe Joe Flacco the case can be made for all of those guys being in the top 10 of the NFL. And Warner since he retired.

More pressure of what?

He plays in an offense that doesn't enforce many short throws on drags, the Giants like going down field. Eli was first in the league in "big play passes" (25> yards), over Brees and Rogers, who were 2nd/3rd. Eli played with a bum foot all season, and it was obviously bothering him shortly after it happened (Saints, Cardinals, Eagles games). Those games the offense sputtered and with no offense, this team was screwed because the defense was absolute garbage.

Fair enough, I'm not saying one is heads better than another, but when somebody would say something ignorant and not do anything to back it up or give an explanation why, it's annoying. I would still take both over McNabb.

Hey Gritz, Palmer and Sanchez were average in the regular season and carried by their run games and defense. Especially Sanchez. But good job trying to look sensible.

The Saints, Cardinals and Eagles were also the first 3 good teams we played.

Palmer has been a good QB over the years so one guy (Sanchez) is questionable...

so the percentages are in my favor. :rolleyes:

More pressure of what?

I was talking about pressue on the QB, the Giants' OL is better than Dallas'. Go look at a loop of all of Romo's TD's, and you'd be suprised how many times he had to make a guy miss just to throw the ball, or got pounded right after he threw it. Dallas' OL is the most overated group in the NFL. Dallas also throws down the field a good amount, though they did tone that back a bit this year and went to some shorter quick stuff, which I had been screaming for. I thought NY did that for Eli in late 2007 and it worked wonders. I agree that Romo and Eli are very close, and I can see anyones arguement either way. I really thought Eli had a great year though, and he and Romo and definitely better than Mcnabb, and maybe even the great Kevin Kolb....maybe.