Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

7,977 posts in this topic

<a href="http://voices.washin...-minicamp.html" target="_blank">http://voices.washin...nicamp.html</a>

Pro Bowl defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, who skipped the Redskins' voluntary workout program in protest of his new role on the team, will not attend the mandatory minicamp that begins Wednesday and wants to be traded, his agent said Tuesday night.

"The Redskins are trying to establish a new regime with new schemes at Redskins Park, and it is not an organization that Albert would have ever been attracted to just a short year ago - regardless of the money," agent Chad Speck said in a phone interview. "He has made it clear to me that he does not want to play for the Washington Redskins.

"This situation will be a distraction to the Redskins and to Albert and his teammates. I am certain [head coach] Mike [shanahan] and [General Manager] Bruce [Allen] want to get the most out of their first year and it's probably in everyone's best interests for the Redskins to make a deal and trade Albert."

Redskins Senior Vice President Tony Wylie said "We're preparing for minicamp, so Coach Shanahan will address your question tomorrow."

For weeks, Haynesworth has privately expressed frustration to some teammates about the coaching staff's decision to use him as a nose tackle in Washington's new 3-4 defensive scheme, and told them he would not participate in voluntary activities as defined by the league's collective bargaining agreement.

Team officials maintain they have never discussed trading the two-time all-pro, but the Redskins have had talks with clubs interested in acquiring Haynesworth, according to people familiar with the situation.

Haynesworth missed all but one day of Coach Mike Shanahan's 47-day voluntary program, including six days of minicamps, 13 organized team activities and 28 days designated for lifting, according to a copy of the team's offseason schedule. In March, he attended Shanahan's introductory session to inform him he planned to train on his own.

Shanahan, who shortly after his hiring stressed the importance of his offseason program, acknowledged he was disappointed in Haynesworth's decision, but the NFL's collective bargaining agreement prohibits teams from fining players for skipping voluntary activities. The two-day minicamp is Washington's only mandatory event, and Haynesworth is aware of the potential consequences of his actions, Speck said.

this puts a hole in the Dline that is tooo late the replace.

damm it!

Unhappy Haynesworth will be at Redskins minicamp

ASHBURN, Va. (AP)—For all that Mike Shanahan and Donovan McNabb(notes) have done to start a new era of positive vibes for the Washington Redskins, the offseason boycott of Albert Haynesworth(notes) has served as a 350-pound counterweight.

Haynesworth’s unhappiness over the switch to a new defense has cast a shadow over the new regime. The saga comes to a head Wednesday, when the defensive lineman with the $100 million contract is required to report for the team’s mandatory minicamp.

"He’ll be here,” general manager Bruce Allen said Tuesday, "and we’re expecting him to be in good shape.”

Shanahan has tried to downplay Haynesworth’s discontent—the coach has said repeatedly that he’d rather talk about the players who are here rather than the players who aren’t—but there’s been no avoiding it. Fans and Haynesworth’s teammates have had the date circled in their minds for weeks, and cornerback DeAngelo Hall(notes) echoed everyone’s sentiments when he walked off the field after a practice last week and said: "I can’t wait. I can’t wait.”

"Anybody who’s been on this field knows we’re building something special,” said Hall, who has been exchanging text messages with Haynesworth. "You’re either going to get on the bandwagon, or you won’t be here. … He’ll see what’s going on, and we’ll tell him what we’re trying to do. Hopefully that’s enough.”

A year ago, Haynesworth was the crown jewel of another free agent splash by owner Dan Snyder, agreeing to a seven-year contract that included $41 million in guaranteed money. The two-time All-Pro defensive tackle was a letdown: He was frequently injured, finished with only four sacks and questioned the team’s leadership as the Redskins spiraled in a 4-12 season.

New leadership has come, but it’s apparently not to Haynesworth’s taste.

Shanahan made it clear that he wasn’t happy about Haynesworth’s decision not to participate in the team’s voluntary offseason conditioning program. Haynesworth felt he needed to work with his own trainer to regain the strength that made him such a feared player during his seven years with the Tennessee Titans.

If that were all, it wouldn’t be a huge deal—it happens all the time around the league—but Haynesworth also doesn’t like the changes that have been made to the game plan. New defensive coordinator Jim Haslett will play a 3-4 alignment, and Haynesworth doesn’t relish the idea of being tied up at the line of scrimmage as a nose tackle.

Haynesworth skipped the first two minicamps—both voluntary—while hoping the Redskins would trade him. Shanahan firmly said a trade wasn’t was going to happen. It’s a standoff that could have profound effects on team chemistry for a coach trying to forge a winning attitude.

"Hopefully, he’ll fit in,” defensive lineman Phillip Daniels(notes) said, "and we can do some good things this year.”

For Haynesworth, this is the downside to a huge payday—the seven-year commitment that came with it. And even if he were to buy in to the new defense right away, Shanahan isn’t cutting him any slack: The coach is expected to inform the players that the minicamp has been cut from three days to two as a reward for their hard work, giving the malcontent who’s been away even less time to make up lost ground.

"He’ll definitely have a lot of catching up to do,” Shanahan said. "Hopefully he’ll be in shape.”

No way I would trade him - fine his fat lazy @ss for every day he misses & let him ride the bench. They control him for basically the rest of his career.

Hes such an idiot he doesn't realize that they wanted to put him a 3-4 end and have him rush the passer from there. He would only rotate to NT and probably have freedom to just rush the QB from there too. What an idiot. I say get whatever we can for him and just ship his lazy a** out of town. Perfect team attendance at OTAs except for fatass Al.

No way I would trade him - fine his fat lazy @ss for every day he misses & let him ride the bench. They control him for basically the rest of his career.

On second thought i agree with you. Keep him and let him ride the bench, but on the other hand that will just be a distraction to the team.

I'd like him in green, but I know his attitude will be terrible. Maybe he'll go to Detroit :lol:

What a dumb arse. HE GOT PAID!! What the hell does he need sack stats for? HE GOT PAID!!!

He doesn't want to be a NT in a 3-4. IMO, he is built for a 4-3 system. If I were the SKins, I'd trade him to Oakland to hook up with Jason Campbell. They run a 4-3 and have an owner who is dumb enough to deal with his BS

He doesn't want to be a NT in a 3-4. IMO, he is built for a 4-3 system. If I were the SKins, I'd trade him to Oakland to hook up with Jason Campbell. They run a 4-3 and have an owner who is dumb enough to deal with his BS

Haynesworth on a Raider's team with the defense they already have and you are looking at a top 5 defense; as long as the O can do their part.

I just cant help but laugh. When they were signing him I told all of the skins fans around where I live that he was worthless and not worth the contract.

All I heard was no dude he is ligit, superbowl... One guy at my work predicted they would go 12-4 last year....

The skins deserve all of this for making stupid a** choices and signing a player who 1. never finished a full season 2. his best years came in contract seasons. and 3. has done things that havent eben so good ( steping on a players head while the player was down).

Exhibit A why owners fight tooth and nail to limit guaranteed contracts in the NFL.

More so than even Redskins fans, other players should hate him.

The Skins should trade him for anything they can get and move on.

Does Albert Haynesworth really have any leverage in this situation? He's under a contract he signed last year. The Redskins can and probably will fine him for every day he misses. He can moan and groan about not wanting to play in the 3-4, but really there's nothing he can do about it.

I also don't think a trade is gonna happen. Teams were wondering about his attitude when he was a free agent last year, and he hasn't done anything to change that perception. He also has that massive contract, and any new team would need to honor that contract. Not to mention -- there's still the question of whether or not he's in shape.

Exhibit #2313 why there will be no NFL season next year. Owners will NOT allow this ish to happen again. The guy got $30 mill for one season of football and id now holding out for a trade. His fellow players should be royally pissed at him because he is blowing it for all of them. I would not be surprised if there is a gigantic picture of Fat Albert on a wall in the owners meeting when deciding the fate of the 2011 season - just so owners are given some motivation.

Does Albert Haynesworth really have any leverage in this situation? He's under a contract he signed last year. The Redskins can and probably will fine him for every day he misses. He can moan and groan about not wanting to play in the 3-4, but really there's nothing he can do about it.

I also don't think a trade is gonna happen. Teams were wondering about his attitude when he was a free agent last year, and he hasn't done anything to change that perception. He also has that massive contract, and any new team would need to honor that contract. Not to mention -- there's still the question of whether or not he's in shape.

The trade would depend on what the skins are asking. Haynesworth "only" has around $10 mill more in guarantees left in the contract. The skins just handed him a check for $20 mill last month. I'm sure the skins would ask for some money in a trade for Haynesworth to cover what they already paid. THAT would be the main reason no team would trade. At this point, if the skins ask for no money in a trade, Haynesworth's contract shapes up pretty nicely for a team running a 4-3 defense. But lets be realistic hear, that scumbag would want a new contract as part of trade deal.

Let him hold out, they don't have to pay him if he doesn't show up, make him pay back his signing bonus if he doesn't show. If he shows, bench him and put an end to his career.

they can fine him up to 10,000max a day.

While the problem is really all on the Redskins for handing out such a huge contract, you have to wonder what's going through Haynesworth's head. Regardless of what position your playing, you signed a deal, for x amount of years, and for a gigantic amount of money.

I would be more sympathetic to his cause if his contract wasn't so gigantic.

No one is going to trade for Haynesworth since they will have to absorb that gigantic contract so if he makes enough of a stink he will/should be cut. He'll already be 50ish? mil richer though. His self image now is also ruined for the rest of his life, if it wasn't already.

he IS coming to camp!

http://dc.sbnation.com/2010/6/16/1520817/A...-mini-camp-fine

According Chris Russel of 106.7 The Fan, Albert Haynesworth will be attending mini-camp after all. He's not coming to practice or be a part of the team, but simply to avoid the potential fine he could be levied if he stays home.

As we outlined below, the redskins can fine Albert somewhere in the neighborhood of $10,000 fro holding out of mini-camp. By attending the camp, he can't be fined, and the team will probably be unable to re-coup any portion of his enormous signing bonus. He didn't really earn all this money, but he seems intent on keeping it.

just NOT to workout!!

what a ****er

This will work itself out one way or another, but I knew it wouldn't be pretty. Ultimately they can make him practice and play or fine him, so it's a matter of how much of a dope he wants to be and how much **** the Skins are willing to put up with.

He's a stud, but among the most infantile players in the NFL and is hurt too much.

Let him hold out, they don't have to pay him if he doesn't show up, make him pay back his signing bonus if he doesn't show. If he shows, bench him and put an end to his career.

They already did pay him $30 mill over the past 14 months. That includes only one season in which he played 12 games and flopped on the ground "injured" 10 times more than Kearse ever did with us. That also includes being carted off the field, only to return to play the next series.

I seem to remember alot of people predicting that this would happen, and alot of Skins fans trying to convince themselves that Al would all of a sudden work harder now that he has his $$$. I :lol: at this whole thing.

I can't WAIT to talk to the in-laws who razzed me for months about T.O. and questioning how a team would be stupid enough to sign him to begin with.

I always worry about bad karma over celebrating injuries, but since that doesn't apply here, I'll just....

:groovy: :groovy:

Agree--little Danny Snider finally got bit--he has signed him to an almost an untradeable contract. Even a team that could afford to take on the contract his attitude and work ethic will prevent anyone trading for him, sooooo suck it Snider deal with it.