gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

nobody wants a player with that contract number and bad additude! Is he stupid? If any team does take him up they would be glutton for punishment

Which part? The me 1st attitude, or the 4 game suspension he'll most likely get to start off the season?

Dear lord I almost had a heart attack. I though you were talking about our Jackson for a second. WTF did I miss? 1st names must be included from now on.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsi...p-minicamp.html

Pro Bowl defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, who skipped the Redskins' voluntary workout program in protest of his new role on the team, will not attend the mandatory minicamp that begins Wednesday and wants to be traded, his agent said Tuesday night.

"The Redskins are trying to establish a new regime with new schemes at Redskins Park, and it is not an organization that Albert would have ever been attracted to just a short year ago - regardless of the money," agent Chad Speck said in a phone interview. "He has made it clear to me that he does not want to play for the Washington Redskins.

"This situation will be a distraction to the Redskins and to Albert and his teammates. I am certain [head coach] Mike [shanahan] and [General Manager] Bruce [Allen] want to get the most out of their first year and it's probably in everyone's best interests for the Redskins to make a deal and trade Albert."

Redskins Senior Vice President Tony Wylie said "We're preparing for minicamp, so Coach Shanahan will address your question tomorrow."

For weeks, Haynesworth has privately expressed frustration to some teammates about the coaching staff's decision to use him as a nose tackle in Washington's new 3-4 defensive scheme, and told them he would not participate in voluntary activities as defined by the league's collective bargaining agreement.

Team officials maintain they have never discussed trading the two-time all-pro, but the Redskins have had talks with clubs interested in acquiring Haynesworth, according to people familiar with the situation.

Haynesworth missed all but one day of Coach Mike Shanahan's 47-day voluntary program, including six days of minicamps, 13 organized team activities and 28 days designated for lifting, according to a copy of the team's offseason schedule. In March, he attended Shanahan's introductory session to inform him he planned to train on his own.

Shanahan, who shortly after his hiring stressed the importance of his offseason program, acknowledged he was disappointed in Haynesworth's decision, but the NFL's collective bargaining agreement prohibits teams from fining players for skipping voluntary activities. The two-day minicamp is Washington's only mandatory event, and Haynesworth is aware of the potential consequences of his actions, Speck said.

THIS IS NOT TALK ABOUT HE REDSKINS, SO STFU!

My topic is,

so GTFO!!

Don't worry about Jazzbuff, in the all the years I have posted here I don't think I've seen one thing other than capslocked screaming from that one

swing offensive linemen Mike Williams to miss the season due to blood clots near heart.

JReidPost

.Redskins sources: G Mike Williams, expected to be a key member of the offensive line, out for year because of blood clots near heart.

http://twitter.com/JReidPost

I really hate it for him. Big Mike has worked his a** off over the past two seasons to get back into the NFL.

He went from 410 pounds to 333 this past off-season. Has slowly worked his way into a leadership role for

many of the younger players. Wish him the best.

Losing Mike Williams is a big blow to our offensive line. If he didn't win that starting RG job he was going to be the top backup at guard and tackle. This pretty much locks in Artis Hicks as starting RG. Hopefully one of the rookies can step up in camp. I thought Edwin Williams played pretty well for a rookie last year hopefully he can improve. It also seemed Chad Rhinehart finally got his **** together when he re-gained his starting job lost year so if he can recover from his injury he might make a decent backup.

It stings, but for the 1st time in years the skins have pretty good depth along the front line.

I'm glad they found the problems so soon into the season so the skins have plenty of time to adjust.

It stings, but for the 1st time in years the skins have pretty good depth along the front line.

I'm glad they found the problems so soon into the season so the skins have plenty of time to adjust.

Our depth is nothing to get excited about. We have rookie Erik Cook, Chad Rhinehart, Edwin Williams, Will Montgomery, and Kory Lichtensteiger. None of those guys are really inspiring any confidence in me.

Lichtensteiger is the wild card here though. He was a 4th round pick by Shanahan and waived by McDaniels after only a year. Hes probably much better in our zone blocking scheme and probably has a decent shot to make the team.

To Gritz.. Since I live in MD and are friends with tons of redskins fans, I asked a few of them who they would rather have. Both said Djax. One said they dont know how Moss will do with Mcnabb as at QB because they never played together before.

I brought up the puntting situation to one of them. He said you are a moron. If Djax wants to return punts then he should be able to.

To Gritz.. Since I live in MD and are friends with tons of redskins fans, I asked a few of them who they would rather have. Both said Djax. One said they dont know how Moss will do with Mcnabb as at QB because they never played together before.

I brought up the puntting situation to one of them. He said you are a moron. If Djax wants to return punts then he should be able to.

1)link?

2)So they support Haynesworth too right?

these are the kind of fans that booed and hated the greatest 3 baseman of all time.....

Hey gritzRgreat,

Are you not allowed on the redskin website? Nobody cares what you have to say here. Try to find some friends in DC.

Hey gritzRgreat,

Are you not allowed on the redskin website? Nobody cares what you have to say here. Try to find some friends in DC.

hey!

yes.

really?

eye do.

Most people would take Jackson just for the fact that hes younger. But at this point in their careers he is similar to Moss stats-wise. But people on here are leaving Moss for dead. Hes only like 30 years old and was a huge playmaker for us when our offensive line held up and our QB was playing decently.

Jackson looks like he has a bright future in the league but he also has some character red flags.

Jackson is not worth a 1st rounder or two 2nd rounders.

You know damn well he is. Furthermore, you know Snyder would give that much for him if he were given the chance.

Most people would take Jackson just for the fact that hes younger. But at this point in their careers he is similar to Moss stats-wise. But people on here are leaving Moss for dead. Hes only like 30 years old and was a huge playmaker for us when our offensive line held up and our QB was playing decently.

Jackson looks like he has a bright future in the league but he also has some character red flags.

All of this talk about his character... He hasnt once complained about getting a new contract. He has said he understands the CBA limitations and he is willing to wait. But guys like CJ and revis and Vjax are holding out or threatning to hold out.

Sure Djax made comments about Mcnabb. Mcnabb has made comments about the "youth" of the eagles and thrown the eagles under the buss while he was here, does that mean Mcnabb has character issues as well?

Saying Moss is the best WR that Mcnabb has had out side of T.O. is just plain stupid.

All of this talk about his character... He hasnt once complained about getting a new contract. He has said he understands the CBA limitations and he is willing to wait. But guys like CJ and revis and Vjax are holding out or threatning to hold out.

Sure Djax made comments about Mcnabb. Mcnabb has made comments about the "youth" of the eagles and thrown the eagles under the buss while he was here, does that mean Mcnabb has character issues as well?

Moss IS the best WR that Mcnabb has had out side of T.O.

As you will find out this season

Such as what? Not demanding and holding out over a new, overly deserved contract?

Redskins go from one of the oldest rosters in the NFL, to the oldest roster in the NFL. :thumbsup:

Shanny likes his players to be advanced vintage.

Such as what? Not demanding and holding out over a new, overly deserved contract?

He tends to act cocky and arrogant. And sometimes that can get him into trouble. Dropping the ball at the 1 yard line comes to mind when he thought he had a TD.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/NFL-off...ners-and-losers

Offseason winners & losers.

Updated Jul 12, 2010 2:04 PM ET

Are you ready for the “other” football?

Now that the World Cup has ended, NFL training camps are right around the corner.

Before the road to Super Bowl XLV begins in earnest, here’s a look at who scored and who got red-carded this offseason.

BIGGEST WINNERS

Washington Redskins: The team’s most competent head coach-general manager pairing since the early 1990s has made strides to help the Skins return to those glory days. Donovan McNabb should thrive in Mike Shanahan’s offense, especially with the bookend tackles - 2010 first-round pick Trent Williams and two-time Pro Bowl selection Jammal Brown - added by Bruce Allen to help protect Washington’s new starting quarterback.

Now, do the Redskins have the right personnel to quickly thrive in Jim Haslett’s 3-4 defense? Will the Albert Haynesworth situation get even more toxic? And can the Redskins get production out of their suspect running backs and wide receivers? Although there’s too much uncertainty to predict a Redskins playoff berth, this franchise is definitely back on track.

Oakland Raiders: Could Al Davis be hitting his stride once again at age 81? I wouldn’t be surprised after this stellar offseason. Jason Campbell ranks in the lower tier of starting quarterbacks, but is a significant upgrade to what the Raiders had in the released JaMarcus Russell. Defensively, the front seven was bolstered by the drafting of hard-hitting Alabama MLB Rolando McClain (first round) and Texas DT Lamarr Houston (second), plus the acquisition of three veterans - DT John Henderson and OLBs Kamerion Wimbley and Quentin Groves.

Chicago Bears free-agent signings (DE Julius Peppers, RB Chester Taylor and TE Brandon Manumaleuna): With a head coach (Lovie Smith) on the hot seat and no first- or second-round picks, this trio financially benefited from Chicago’s desperation to make a splash in free agency. Peppers is set to earn $40.5 million over the next three seasons as part of a six-year, $84 million contract. Taylor’s four-year, $12.5 million deal included $7 million guaranteed - a remarkable sum considering his age (31 in September) and backup jack-of-all-trades role. And thanks to new offensive coordinator Mike Martz’s need for a formidable blocking tight end, a niche player like Manumaleuna scored $6 million guaranteed in his five-year, $15 million haul.

Even if the Bears can’t leapfrog Green Bay or Minnesota for a playoff spot, Peppers, Taylor and Manumaleuna already have enjoyed a prosperous 2010.

BIGGEST LOSERS

Pittsburgh Steelers: Ben Roethlisberger’s 4-6 game NFL suspension wasn’t the only bad offseason news. Pittsburgh’s best offensive lineman (RT Willie Colon/Achilles’ tendon) is out for the season, and the top big-play threat (WR Santonio Holmes) was traded to the Jets because of off-field concerns.

Until Roethlisberger returns, Pittsburgh needs its spotty running game and a defense bolstered by the return of SS Troy Polamalu and DE Aaron Smith from the 2009 injured-reserve list to carry the load. Otherwise, the Steelers may dig an early season hole they can’t get out of with one of the NFL’s toughest schedules on tap.

Arizona Cardinals: LB Karlos Dansby, FS Antrel Rolle and WR Anquan Boldin are huge losses, but the retirement of QB Kurt Warner hurts most of all. Five years removed from his glory days at USC, Warner replacement Matt Leinart has yet to prove he can match his college success. Don’t be surprised if the Cardinals shift gears and try to emphasize a running game led by 2009 first-round pick Chris “Beanie” Wells.

Restricted free agents: The number of accrued seasons required to become an unrestricted free agent jumped from four to six in the Collective Bargaining Agreement’s final year. That kept a slew of young standouts from cashing in with market-value contracts. Only two low-end RFAs – RB Mike Bell (New Orleans to Philadelphia) and DE Jason Babin (Philadelphia to Tennessee) – switched teams.

NFL Organization Rankings

Where does your team rank? Find out as Adam Schein ranks every NFL franchise from No. 1 to 32.

BEST OF THE REST

Best Status Quo: New Orleans Saints

No significant roster or coaching turnover is great news for the defending Super Bowl kingpin. Twenty of the 22 starters and every top assistant from last year’s win over Indianapolis are back in the fold. The runner-up Colts are almost in the same boat, although top offensive coaches Tom Moore (coordinator) and Howard Mudd (line) no longer hold those positions.

Worst Status Quo: Carolina Panthers

Not even a head coach as good as lame-duck John Fox could make hay with this roster. Because of offseason penny-pinching, the Panthers had no major veteran acquisitions or a first-round draft choice after trading it the previous year to select DE Everette Brown (the jury’s still out on that move). DE Julius Peppers took his 81 career sacks to Chicago, WR Steve Smith remains the only big-play threat and OLB Thomas Davis (knee) is already out for the season. Carolina fielded the NFL’s top running game over the past two seasons, but that can only take Fox’s troops so far.

Riskiest offseason: New York Jets

This franchise is trying to straddle the line between a win-now mentality and long-term prosperity. That meant a salary purge of three well-respected veterans (RB Thomas Jones, LG Alan Faneca and K Jay Feely) who helped the team reach last season’s AFC championship game. The freed money’s designated toward long-term contract extensions for the top core youngsters – LT D’Brickashaw Ferguson, LB David Harris, C Nick Mangold and CB Darrelle Revis. Ferguson signed last week, but deals for the other three remain elusive.

The Jets also are counting on RB LaDainian Tomlinson and OLB Jason Taylor having something left in the tank while hoping talent trumps character with trades for CB Antonio Cromartie and WR Santonio Holmes. This motley crew should make HBO’s Hard Knocks a must-see during training camp.

Best free-agent signing: Chiefs RB Thomas Jones

From a cost and productivity standpoint, this was a steal. The Jets think the 31-year-old Jones is slipping, but this workout warrior is coming off his best season with 1,402 rushing yards. Jones won’t be asked to carry as heavy a workload in Kansas City while paired with Jamaal Charles, a 1,100-yard rusher in 2009. Jones, who signed a two-year, $5 million contract, is one of several offseason acquisitions who make the Chiefs a dark-horse playoff contender.

Worst free-agent signing: Browns QB Jame Delhomme

He’s a class act who didn’t have much to work with recently in Carolina, but expecting the 35-year-old Delhomme to reinvent himself after last season’s eight-touchdown, 18-interception campaign is a major reach, especially considering Cleveland’s unproven wide receivers.

Riskiest free-agent signing: Cardinals OLB Joey Porter

In a best-case scenario, the 33-year-old Porter regains his swagger and adds pass-rush punch to a defense that needs it. The worst-case scenario: Porter’s precipitous slide (from 17.5 sacks in 2008 to nine in 2009) continues and he proves to be the same kind of internally disruptive force that led to his offseason Dolphins release.

Best trade: Ravens acquiring WR Anquan Boldin and fifth-round pick from Cardinals for third and fourth-round selections

With all due respect to 36-year-old Derrick Mason – a 1,000-yard receiver in seven of the past eight seasons – Boldin gives QB Joe Flacco his best target since becoming Baltimore’s starter in 2008.

Worst trade: Eagles shipping QB Donovan McNabb to Redskins for a second-round draft choice

Just ask Green Bay what can happen when a spurned quarterback joins a division rival. I understand that Kevin Kolb’s time has come, but Philadelphia’s brain trust may regret sending McNabb to a rival they must play twice a year.

Riskiest trade: Dolphins landing WR Brandon Marshall from Broncos

It isn’t the money – Marshall signed a five-year, $47.3 million contract extension – or second-round draft compensation that makes this such a gamble. Rather, it’s Marshall himself. He was suspended last year for both the season opener and finale in Denver and has a history of off-field incidents. The Dolphins are now heavily counting on a player whose brilliant talent has gotten overshadowed by his deviant behavior. This is a boom-or-bust proposition for top Dolphins executive Bill “No Thugs” Parcells.

RETIRING MINDS

The NFL has quite a distinguished list of veterans calling it a career this NFL offseason. See who has declared for retirement.

Best remaining free-agent: WR Terrell Owens

The popcorn’s gotten stale. A combination of attitude, diminished skill and salary demands have kept the 36-year-old Owens unemployed. Eventually, though, a team desperate for wide receiver help will take the plunge.

Most disgraceful offseason (player): Ben Roethlisberger

For NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to suspend a player who’d never been arrested or charged with a crime reflects the depth of Roethlisberger’s abhorrent off-field behavior.

Most disgraceful offseason (team): Miami

The Dolphins lead the league with four arrests since Super Bowl XLIV, but have taken no actions to sanction their own players. Allowing DE Phillip Merling to practice at minicamp one day after his arrest on felony charges for allegedly battering his pregnant girlfriend was particularly shameful.

Biggest remaining question

At what point in the preseason does Brett Favre return as Minnesota’s starting quarterback? My guess is he’ll be back for the third preseason game August 28 at home against Seattle.

The next big move before camp

Tennessee finding a way to resolve its contract impasse with RB Chris Johnson. As reported by profootballtalk.com and The Tennessean, the Titans are exploring a way to restructure Johnson’s deal following his 2,000-yard rushing effort in 2009. If the deal can’t be finalized and he holds out, a rough 2010 for Tennessee already will get even worse.

Final salute: Kurt Warner

The NFL’s loss will be the Hall of Fame’s gain in five years.

Desean is a spectacular talent that really shouldn't be underestimated, he is without question the best McNabb has had outside of TO, anyone that watched the Eagles last season could see that. Frankly, I don't think Moss is as good as Maclin either. That said, Moss is almost definitely better than Stallworth, Curtis or Brown, and is definitely better than Thrash, Pinkston, Small, Johnson and Lewis. So it isn't as though he is playing with the worst WRs of his career either. He'll also still be playing with a pro bowl TE and will have the best second TE available to him likely ever.

Most people would take Jackson because he's a top 10 WR, Moss is far from it. Jackson is a far better WR at this point. Jackson like I said is top 10, Moss has never been a top 10 WR.

Moss is on the decline. He was banged up last year and at best a #2 WR right now. He topped 100 yards just one time in 2009. He hasn't made the Pro Bowl since 2005.

Jackson has topped 100 yards seven times in his first two seasons. Moss has topped 100 yards six times in the past three seasons.

Jackson's first two seasons:

125 catches, 2079 yards, 11td, 1 Pro Bowl

Moss first two seasons:

32 catches, 470 yards, 4td