gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Shoulda kept the 4-3 and he would have been fine.

He also had problems with greg blache, the redskins previous defensive Coordinator, and there were rumors of verbal fights between he and prince Albert last season. Besides he didn't play well last season either.

I'm just glad this is over with to tell you the truth. Also this proves Snyder has absolutely no say in the day-to-day operations at redskins park.

Come on man, he mishandled the situation from the beginning. Taking the hard line with a $100 million player. Not trading him when he had the chance. Hell, switching a very good D to a 3-4 without the proper personnel was boneheaded.

I have to disagree, the redskins were not exactly a well managed franchise before shanny came into the picture. Shanny is actually doing all redskin fans a favor for letting the guy go. Before Shanny, NFL players looked at the skins as a payday. This season he cut most of the old/over-payed players the redskins were carrying for a few years. Granted they still stayed with portis and Haynesworth but only portis bought into the system and excepted his role.

Sure shanny is a dictator, BUT the redskins needed exactly that.

I have to disagree, the redskins were not exactly a well managed franchise before shanny came into the picture. Shanny is actually doing all redskin fans a favor for letting the guy go. Before Shanny, NFL players looked at the skins as a payday. This season he cut most of the old/over-payed players the redskins were carrying for a few years. Granted they still stayed with portis and Haynesworth but only portis bought into the system and excepted his role.

Sure shanny is a dictator, BUT the redskins needed exactly that.

I agree that the skins needed a coach who was the opposite of Zorn, and I agree getting rid of the older players was a good thing. But I was referring to this situation. When you have a player with a huge contract not buying in and there is a potential buyer, jump on it.

Also 2 follow up items, one is a question, one is a contradiction to the point made about cutting older players:

Question: Wern't the skins still one of the oldest teams in the league?

Contradiction: McNabb. Larry Johnson. Willie Parker.

I agree that the skins needed a coach who was the opposite of Zorn, and I agree getting rid of the older players was a good thing. But I was referring to this situation. When you have a player with a huge contract not buying in and there is a potential buyer, jump on it.

Also, one is a question, one is a contradiction to the point made about cutting older players:

Question: Wern't the skins still one of the oldest teams in the league?

Contradiction: McNabb. Larry Johnson. Willie Parker.

The skins are still old BUT, they are not overpaying or giving INSANE contracts that makes the redskins pay a lot of dead money if they cut a player. The skins cut Larry Johnson and Parker with no large hit.

The redskins have given contracts to players that just didn't deserve it and heavy loaded the back end of the contracts which caused a LOT of dead money if the redskins cut the player. That has stopped with Shanny. McNabb's contract is year-to-year. They can actually cut McNabb today and only owe him 3.5 million in dead cap.

Maybe the dictator mentality that shanny has did't work with a team like the broncos because they were a good team but its perfect for the redskins that need someone to send a message this crap won't be excepted.

T.O.

At least he helped us get to the SB his 1st season in Philly and we didn't pay him a king's ransom to do it.

What exactly has Fat Albert helped the skins achieve for his 30M+?

At least he helped us get to the SB his 1st season in Philly and we didn't pay him a king's ransom to do it.

Making sure field conditions are up to par first handed.....

2nhf4no.gif

Absouletly nothing, but the point I was trying to make was, Even the mighty eagles have had their moments.

Absouletly nothing, but the point I was trying to make was, Even the mighty eagles have had their moments.

Yeah Owens had 20 TD's in 21 games for minimal money and helped get to team to the superbowl.

That compares to this how?

Yeah Owens had 20 TD's in 21 games for minimal money and helped get to team to the superbowl.

That compares to this how?

what happened to the eagles after that season????

I can't make it more simple for you guys.

T.O. was a HUGE reason the eagles after the superbowl went 6-10. Do you guys forget the crunches in front of his house?

I'll repeat myself, maybe you guys can understand.

The point I was trying to make was, the GREAT and MIGHTY eagles have ALSO had their moments with Divas which caused some sort of reaction. The money is irrelevant because its only Snyder's money. But T.O. caused such a rift in the eagles locker room that the team was constantly in the media's eye during the 2005 season.

The skins are still old BUT, they are not overpaying or giving INSANE contracts that makes the redskins pay a lot of dead money if they cut a player. The skins cut Larry Johnson and Parker with no large hit.

The redskins have given contracts to players that just didn't deserve it and heavy loaded the back end of the contracts which caused a LOT of dead money if the redskins cut the player. That has stopped with Shanny. McNabb's contract is year-to-year. They can actually cut McNabb today and only owe him 3.5 million in dead cap.

Maybe the dictator mentality that shanny has did't work with a team like the broncos because they were a good team but its perfect for the redskins that need someone to send a message this crap won't be excepted.

fair enough.

To me, it seemed like they did a lot of the same old-same old. I'll withold judgement until after next off season. (If I see them blow picks for a player slightly past his peak (for top money)....)

Yeah the eagles suspended T.O. But we also got our monys worth out of him. He knows deep down that the only shot he had at a superbowl was with the eagles. He has even said on the radio that his favorite time playing was in Philly.

So you can throw the T.O thing out all you want. Two totally different situations.

T.O came in and produced. wanted a huge payday and the eagles didnt want to give it to him. He became a distraction and boom gone.

Haynsworth GOT his pay day, didnt produce, and crys.

fair enough.

To me, it seemed like they did a lot of the same old-same old. I'll withold judgement until after next off season. (If I see them blow picks for a player slightly past his peak (for top money)....)

It would seem that way but now instead of having old / over-payed players and sucking. The redskins have just old players and sucking. ;)

This past offseason MANY people thought they would go after Peppers and give him a 100 million but it didn't happen. If Shanny just gets the ship heading in the right direction like Parcells did with dallas and Miami I'll be happy. Most redskin fans just want to see a competitive team. So, for right now, shanny is a right fit.

Yeah the eagles suspended T.O. But we also got our monys worth out of him. He knows deep down that the only shot he had at a superbowl was with the eagles. He has even said on the radio that his favorite time playing was in Philly.

So you can throw the T.O thing out all you want. Two totally different situations.

T.O came in and produced. wanted a huge payday and the eagles didnt want to give it to him. He became a distraction and boom gone.

Haynsworth GOT his pay day, didnt produce, and crys.

I don't disagree about haynesworth giving absolutely NOTHING back to the redskins. He was looking for a paybay and Snyder/Vinny like idiots gave him what he wanted.

My point is the eagles even though they got production from T.O. they still suffered A LOT of heat from the whole thing. So much so, the eagles bombed the 2005 season because McNabb and the team were always getting heat form the press because the eagles were having to suspend or deal with T.O. EVERY week until they cut him.

Sure T.O. helped in 2004 but he did his harm in 2005.

Ladies and gentleman the dumbest franchise in America :roll:

The initial quote.

Not sure what TO has to do with that. One unfortunate situation does not equate to years and years of idiotic free agent moves and trades.

The initial quote.

Not sure what TO has to do with that. One unfortunate situation does not equate to years and years of idiotic free agent moves and trades.

It helps them feel better when they are rocking back and forth in a corner, sucking their thumbs, with tears running down their faces.

It helps them feel better when they are rocking back and forth in a corner, sucking their thumbs, with tears running down their faces.

the franchise with three superbowls or the one that chokes constatly. I forget?