gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

McNabb boooed at Lakers/Wizards game

I thought only Eagles fans boooed?

Don't forget, Cliff Lee's wife was treated like garbage(spit at, beer thrown at, cursed at, etc...) by the yankees fans. One of the reasons he didn't go to New York. But Philly fans are the bad ones :rolleyes:

ESPN - Washington has cut punter/holder Hunter Smith following Sunday's botched PAT against the Buccaneers that would have forced overtime.

The Redskins replaced Smith with Sam Paulescu, who takes over both punting and holding duties.

SkinsFan01 and AJ, do you agree with this article as to who the Skins should keep or who not to keep as far as the offense goes

http://dcprosportsreport.com/2010/12/14/ke...e-2011-offense/

I don't agree with a lot of those including cutting McNabb. Im not exactly sure how his contract is structured but id like to give him at least another year.

I don't agree with a lot of those including cutting McNabb. Im not exactly sure how his contract is structured but id like to give him at least another year.

On behalf of the NFC East, we all hope you give McNabb a few more years. Along with everyone else currently on your roster, including the coaches.

For those of you who have constantly bashed Shanahan saying he has made the skins older. He has actually made us a lot younger overall.

"skins no longer oldest team in the league"

Based on the ages of the players on each team’s 53-man roster going into the games of Week 14, the Redskins are tied for the sixth-oldest team in the NFL. The average age of their roster is 27.8 years (all ages are as of Dec. 31, 2010).

Going into the 2010 season, the NFL released age data for the 32 teams’ rosters and determined that the Redskins were the oldest team in the NFL.

Washington’s average is just a shade above the NFC average, which stands at 27.7 years old. The NFL average age is 27.2.

The oldest 53-man roster belongs to the Baltimore Ravens, who come in at 28.3.

Didnt they also lose a bunch of older players, like Willie Parker and Larry Johnson?

Didnt they also lose a bunch of older players, like Willie Parker and Larry Johnson?

That's true. Shanny did try to make them older. Only problem was those guys were totally done.

On behalf of the NFC East, we all hope you give McNabb a few more years. Along with everyone else currently on your roster, including the coaches.

:thumbsup:

For those of you who have constantly bashed Shanahan saying he has made the skins older. He has actually made us a lot younger overall.

Being the 6th oldest team in the league is still up there and going from oldest to 6th oldest could hardly be classified as being "a lot younger".

:lol: Well I guess it's a start, but doesn't help the fact that your featured player is an aging QB with declining skills.

Skins have a lot more work to do if they want to be a factor in the NFC East.

Being the 6th oldest team in the league is still up there and going from oldest to 6th oldest could hardly be classified as being "a lot younger".

They could have went from oldest when the season started to middle of the pack today, and it would still be meaningless. All it says is that the old guys that Shanahan brought in got hurt and a bunch of rookies, UDFA's and former truck drivers had to step in.

Now, if they were the oldest at the end of the season, a ton of cuts were made and they skins didnt piss away draft picks to sign old aging quaterbacks, we'd be on to something.

Lolz

The Redskins are forced to practice at local gyms

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 16, 2010, 2:40 PM EST

Mike Shanahan

In late September, we mentioned how Redskins owner Dan Snyder was oddly cheap when it came to practice facilities.

The team was forced to practice at an airport hangar back then, and things have only grown worse since. Dan Steinberg of DC Sports Bog notes that the Redskins were forced to hold a practice on a basketball court with a divider at a "Lifetime Fitness” gym a few weeks ago.

With the team’s grass fields frozen this week, they practiced on a turf field Wednesday. But Mike Shanahan doesn’t want to do further damage to his veterans by practicing on turf. So they all piled into cars and headed back to a local gym Thursday.

"Today was the only day it was a little disappointing on the practice field, because it was icy,” Shanahan said Wednesday. "You could not set your feet. Guys were slipping all over the place. The fields were frozen.”

Not surprisingly, Shanahan says an indoor facility is a "priority” for the future, according to Ryan O’Halloran of Comcast Sports Washington.

It makes you wonder why an organization that isn’t shy about spending money hasn’t made it a priority before.

We are two steps away from seeing them lift at my hotel gym :roll:

SkinsFan01 and AJ, do you agree with this article as to who the Skins should keep or who not to keep as far as the offense goes

http://dcprosportsreport.com/2010/12/14/ke...e-2011-offense/

What's his plan for replacing all of them? Get literally everyone in FA because you don't have the draft picks for a real rebuilding. Get rid of McNabb and get a new young you run a serious risk of ruining the kid because you don't have anything around him nor the ability to build around him in the near future. I'd keep McNabb and either build the team up around him then draft a QB in the coming years so he can step in or keep McNabb and draft a young QB to learn from the bench while McNabb is the scapegoat (which the players see him as for the scheme). Not that it matters they'll cut a few guys sure but still splurge on every name in FA, waste what few draft picks they have on trades, and build a 'team' with no chemistry and is past its prime yet again.

I know people might not believe this but i think they are playing Grossman because they don't think McNabb is healthy.

You are right, people do NOT believe this.

The skins FO is the Christmas gift that keeps on giving and giving. As long as you are a fan of another NFC East team :thumbsup:

I know people might not believe this but i think they are playing Grossman because they don't think McNabb is healthy.

Man hasn't been healthy the entire season though. Could be because the Skins aren't playing for anything other then a higher draft pick.

Old rat face Has just lost his mind. I could not love this more. You go back and read about how the Eagles made a huge mistake and how the Skins would he better then them. Lol. McNabb is the work starting QB in the East and now he got benched for REX !?!?!? lmfao. I would not enjoy this as much if McNabb did not take that jab after he won. No mistakes were made over here my man

22/35 228 2 TD's 0 INTS 62% Comp 100.2 QB Rating = Horrid?

It funny people are quick to blame Mcnabb for playing bad and then he has over a 100 QB rating and he still played bad?, lol. His FG Kicker missed 2 FG's (2 Easy ones) and an Extra Point. This game was not Mcnabb's fault by any means. Actually the Skins Offense and Defense did their job, Special Teams lost the game. Also the weather was terrible in D.C. yesterday. Peter King is giving the Bucs to much credit, The Skins gashed them through the ground and air.

Something something something Rex Grossman