gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Desean is a spectacular talent that really shouldn't be underestimated, he is without question the best McNabb has had outside of TO, anyone that watched the Eagles last season could see that. Frankly, I don't think Moss is as good as Maclin either. That said, Moss is almost definitely better than Stallworth, Curtis or Brown, and is definitely better than Thrash, Pinkston, Small, Johnson and Lewis. So it isn't as though he is playing with the worst WRs of his career either. He'll also still be playing with a pro bowl TE and will have the best second TE available to him likely ever.

Maclin had more td than Moss last year and had 6 less ypg. Maclin IS better than Moss and I would take him over Moss. Chris Cooley is going to be McNabb's #1 weapon this year.

I think Moss right now is on the level of Curtis was in 07 for the Eagles but I don't see him topping 1000 yards like Curtis did. Also consider that since 2007, Curtis has topped 100 yards four times, Moss six times...and Curtis has missed 20 games over that period.

He tends to act cocky and arrogant. And sometimes that can get him into trouble. Dropping the ball at the 1 yard line comes to mind when he thought he had a TD.

Most recievers are cocky and arrogant ;)

And he's young. That dropping of the ball happened during his rookie season. I'd rather him act cocky and arrogant than cheat and use HGH. Your team has quite a few cocky and arrogant veterns (Portis, LJ, Haynesworth just to name a couple).

As long as Jackson is not getting arrested, injured, suspended I do not give a damn. He's making huge plays, making the Pro Bowl and quickly becoming one of the best in the NFL. He is on a well coached team. We have had very few players getting into off the field problems since Andy took over. I think Jackson will grow and mature.

Most people would take Jackson because he's a top 10 WR, Moss is far from it. Jackson is a far better WR at this point. Jackson like I said is top 10, Moss has never been a top 10 WR.

Moss is on the decline. He was banged up last year and at best a #2 WR right now. He topped 100 yards just one time in 2009. He hasn't made the Pro Bowl since 2005.

Jackson has topped 100 yards seven times in his first two seasons. Moss has topped 100 yards six times in the past three seasons.

Jackson's first two seasons:

125 catches, 2079 yards, 11td, 1 Pro Bowl

Moss first two seasons:

32 catches, 470 yards, 4td

no he's really not. maybe in little boy playstation world, or in nerd fantasy football land.

But NOT in real football not as a wideout, returner yes but WR no.

I can name close to 20 better wideouts than Jackson.

Most people would take Jackson because he's a top 10 WR, Moss is far from it. Jackson is a far better WR at this point. Jackson like I said is top 10, Moss has never been a top 10 WR.

Moss is on the decline. He was banged up last year and at best a #2 WR right now. He topped 100 yards just one time in 2009. He hasn't made the Pro Bowl since 2005.

Jackson has topped 100 yards seven times in his first two seasons. Moss has topped 100 yards six times in the past three seasons.

IF you look at the stats from the last two seasons combined, its pretty much even.

So calling Jackson "all world" and calling Moss "garbage" is pretty stupid..

But we ALL know how Eagle fans over inflate the worth of their own players, see B Westbrook.

Brian westbrook? The brian westbrook skins fans are hoping to sign?

Yes him, but to be our 3nd down back.

As apposed to Eagle fans who compare him to Ladainian Thompson :roll:

Most recievers are cocky and arrogant ;)

And he's young. That dropping of the ball happened during his rookie season. I'd rather him act cocky and arrogant than cheat and use HGH. Your team has quite a few cocky and arrogant veterns (Portis, LJ, Haynesworth just to name a couple).

As long as Jackson is not getting arrested, injured, suspended I do not give a damn. He's making huge plays, making the Pro Bowl and quickly becoming one of the best in the NFL. He is on a well coached team. We have had very few players getting into off the field problems since Andy took over. I think Jackson will grow and mature.

Theres a reason the league didn't even investigate Moss for the alleged HGH use. It was given to him without his knowledge and only for the purpose of speeding up the healing process.

People overrating DeSean Jackson a bit here and really underrating Santana Moss.

Moss was a very dangerous receiver and still can be. Had he been an Eagle he'd have been blistering with McNabb. Blistering.

People overrating DeSean Jackson a bit here and really underrating Santana Moss.

Moss was a very dangerous receiver and still can be. Had he been an Eagle he'd have been blistering with McNabb. Blistering.

Thank you!

If i had to pick between the two i would pick Jackson(youth) but people shortcoming Moss based on last season is foolish.

Thank you!

If i had to pick between the two i would pick Jackson(youth) but people shortcoming Moss based on last season is foolish.

Moss was a great WR. Skins actually got the better end of the deal on that trade.

the fact you said moss is the second best WR mcnabb will have had was the comment that got people on edge,

Maybe 3-4 seasons ago. but now I would have to put the edge to Djax.

Moss was a great WR. Skins actually got the better end of the deal on that trade.

the fact you said moss is the second best WR mcnabb will have had was the comment that got people on edge,

Maybe 3-4 seasons ago. but now I would have to put the edge to Djax.

And i think Santana's overall numbers will jump with McNabb in the fold.

Theres a reason the league didn't even investigate Moss for the alleged HGH use. It was given to him without his knowledge and only for the purpose of speeding up the healing process.

Wait what?

Since when are they not investigating this? Has there been an actual announcement?

I don't think it matters if he knew or not if he actually took HGH. The Starcaps players didn't KNOW it was a banned substance but the league is still trying to suspend them. If they're able to prove Moss was given HGH with or without his knowledge he will be suspended. Every player that gets suspended claims that they didn't know that the substance they took had whatever in it but it never works. They may drop a couple games off that suspension but its been pretty clear a supposed lack of knowledge doesn't fly with the NFL. You took it you reaped the benefits you get suspended.

And i think Santana's overall numbers will jump with McNabb in the fold.

The tight ends will be McNabb's safety blanket in Washington - book it!

Wait what?

Since when are they not investigating this? Has there been an actual announcement?

I don't think it matters if he knew or not if he actually took HGH. The Starcaps players didn't KNOW it was a banned substance but the league is still trying to suspend them. If they're able to prove Moss was given HGH with or without his knowledge he will be suspended. Every player that gets suspended claims that they didn't know that the substance they took had whatever in it but it never works. They may drop a couple games off that suspension but its been pretty clear a supposed lack of knowledge doesn't fly with the NFL. You took it you reaped the benefits you get suspended.

Mike Shanahan said that he hasn't even been contacted by the league yet regarding Moss and I read about a month ago (on pft i think) that there wasn't even an open investigation yet. That and the Feds aren't interested in pressing charges on his patients, just the doctor and his assistants.

After this much time has passed its not looking like there will be an investigation by the league. This was posted by Rotoworld back on June 10th

Coach Mike Shanahan has yet to be contacted by the league regarding Santana Moss' medical treatment from alleged HGH distributor Dr. Anthony Galea.

Moss has admitted to being treated by Galea, but he denied receiving HGH. At this point, there's no indication that the league is investigating his involvement. It's far from a foregone conclusion that Moss will face a suspension to start the season.

Some folks also slipping on thinking Moss is the only WR in washington. They did draft 2 young guys 2years ago and I thought D. Thomas showed some ability last year. He may be one of those WRs that needed a few years to really develop, but he looks like he belongs in the league. time will tell, I hope they fail as I'm a eagles fan, but they do have more talent than most give them credit for.

Also I still remember a few years back Moss smoking Dallas twice to end up winning that game, probably 4years ago or so, but the guy got some speed. When we first drafted Djax he reminded me of Moss exactly and that's one of the only NFL players I could think he compared well to.

The tight ends will be McNabb's safety blanket in Washington - book it!

That's been my belief. In terms of talent IMO the TEs are better than the WRs and McNabb likes his TEs. Its not a coincidence that his play suffered when LJ Smith ascended to be the starting TE.

Mike Shanahan said that he hasn't even been contacted by the league yet regarding Moss and I read about a month ago (on pft i think) that there wasn't even an open investigation yet. That and the Feds aren't interested in pressing charges on his patients, just the doctor and his assistants.

After this much time has passed its not looking like there will be an investigation by the league. This was posted by Rotoworld back on June 10th

The league wouldn't necessarily have to contact either of them to conduct an investigation if the info they need is going to come from the doctor. Moss is going to deny it so why question him?

The feds can only be concerned with the doctor but that doesn't mean the league is just going to let this pass. They take a hard line against performance enhancers and any kind of illegal substances plain and simple. So right now they could just be waiting for the Feds to pass them the list of NFL players who they know were given HGH. The Feds may not persecute them but the league would.

Now in terms of the time line nothing may happen anytime soon or even this season but I wouldn't be willing to bet that Moss is out of the woods yet.

Some folks also slipping on thinking Moss is the only WR in washington. They did draft 2 young guys 2years ago and I thought D. Thomas showed some ability last year. He may be one of those WRs that needed a few years to really develop, but he looks like he belongs in the league. time will tell, I hope they fail as I'm a eagles fan, but they do have more talent than most give them credit for.

Also I still remember a few years back Moss smoking Dallas twice to end up winning that game, probably 4years ago or so, but the guy got some speed. When we first drafted Djax he reminded me of Moss exactly and that's one of the only NFL players I could think he compared well to.

Thomas showed some ability in like one game and I saw a report this off season to say that he's been underwhelming in the OTAs. Yeah the 3rd year is usually the breakout year for WRs but usually their is more of an indication before that.

LaRon Landry recovering from toe surgery, will be ready for camp

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 15, 2010 8:27 AM ET

Redskins safety LaRon Landry is expected to be ready for the start of training camp after having toe surgery.

Jason Reid of the Washington Post reports that Landry had the surgery on June 23. Neither Landry nor the Redskins have made any mention of the injury that necessitated the surgery, other than coach Mike Shanahan saying during the team's offseason program that Landry was slowed by soreness.

Landry has started every game but one in his three-year NFL career, although his play was generally considered sub-par in 2009. This season he's expected to move from free safety to strong safety.

The Redskins open camp on July 29.

Hope this doesn't linger all season..

Moving Landry to strong safety is long overdue. The problem is this team is full of strong safeties.

LaRon Landry recovering from toe surgery, will be ready for camp

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 15, 2010 8:27 AM ET

Redskins safety LaRon Landry is expected to be ready for the start of training camp after having toe surgery.

Jason Reid of the Washington Post reports that Landry had the surgery on June 23. Neither Landry nor the Redskins have made any mention of the injury that necessitated the surgery, other than coach Mike Shanahan saying during the team's offseason program that Landry was slowed by soreness.

Landry has started every game but one in his three-year NFL career, although his play was generally considered sub-par in 2009. This season he's expected to move from free safety to strong safety.

The Redskins open camp on July 29.

Hope this doesn't linger all season..

Moving Landry to strong safety is long overdue. The problem is this team is full of strong safeties.

I heard Kareem Moore has been having a great off-season so far, hes the only true free safety on the roster. I hope he wins the starting job.

I heard Kareem Moore has been having a great off-season so far, hes the only true free safety on the roster. I hope he wins the starting job.

I like Kareem, he's picked up the new defense rather well.

People will remember him as the DB that fumbled the ball

in the Saints game.

Although there are many exceptions, the 3rd year is generally the year a WR really comes into his own. We'll learn a lot about Kelly and Thomas this year.

I dont really think you could overrate Jackson at this point. He just had one of the most explosive seasons in the history of the game and is in his early 20's. He's basically uncoverable right now. I think Moss was once a nice player but hes older now and he was never the player Djax is.

IF you look at the stats from the last two seasons combined, its pretty much even.

So calling Jackson "all world" and calling Moss "garbage" is pretty stupid..

But we ALL know how Eagle fans over inflate the worth of their own players, see B Westbrook.

Yeah but the the thing is, Jackson is on the rise when you look at his numbers and when you at Moss' numbers they have declined. He has just one 1000 yard season since 2005. Throw in the knee problems, injury history plus age and yeah, there is a reason for me and many others to consider him to be on the decline.

Moss:

08: 79 catches/65.3 ypg/5.5 ypc/1044 yards/6td

09: 70 catches/56.4 ypg/5.4 ypc/902 yards/3td

Ranked:

TD - at least 50 players had more TD including D. Jackson, J. Maclin, B. Celek while Jason Avant was tied with Moss w/ 3td

Recieving Yards - 29th

YPG - 30th

Jackson:

08: 62 catches/57.0 ypg/4.4 ypc/912 yards/2td

09: 63 catches/77.8 ypg/6.3 ypc/1167 yards/9td

Ranked:

TD - 4th (tied)

Ypg - 8th

Recieving yards - 11th

Out of the players that topped 1000 yards last year, Jackson did it with the fewest catches.

Also...

Santana Moss Recovering From Knee Surgery

Saturday, May 8, 2010, 5:38 p.m.

By Ryan O’Halloran

Staff Writer

CSNwashington.com

Santana Moss revealed Saturday he is rehabilitating from arthroscopic knee surgery that has kept him off the field for the Redskins’ second mini-camp.

Coach Mike Shanahan expects Moss to be ready for the team’s final mini-camp next month.

"He basically got it cleaned up a little bit,” Shanahan said. "He had a little irritation. There should be no setbacks.”

Shanahan and Moss would not reveal when the surgery occurred or on what knee.

Moss turns 31 on June 1 and his injury history since joining the Redskins in 2005 has consisted of hamstring and foot problems, but nothing with the knees.

The addition of veteran receivers Joey Galloway and Justin Gage could be the Redskins’ reaction to Moss’ injury, giving them insurance policies in case there are long-term implications.

no he's really not. maybe in little boy playstation world, or in nerd fantasy football land.

But NOT in real football not as a wideout, returner yes but WR no.

I can name close to 20 better wideouts than Jackson.

Jackson made the REAL Pro Bowl as a WIDE RECIEVER last year.

Please name 20 recievers better than DeSean Jackson.

Jackson had more yards, less catches last year than:

Larry Fitzgerald

Brandon Marshall

Marques Colston

Roddy White

Greg Jennings

Steve Smith (Car)

Antonio Gates

Donald Driver

Chad Ochocinco

Anquan Boldin

Calvin Johnson

Jackson also had the same number of yards (1167) as Vincent Jackson (DeSean and Vincent Jackson also had the same number of touchdowns) and Hines Ward however did it on less catches. Alot of those guys mentioned are considered elite so again, it's laughable to say Moss is better and 20 other recievers are better. The best of DeSean is yet to come.

Jackson made the REAL Pro Bowl as a WIDE RECIEVER last year.

Please name 20 recievers better than DeSean Jackson.

Jackson had more yards, less catches last year than:

Larry Fitzgerald

Brandon Marshall

Marques Colston

Roddy White

Greg Jennings

Steve Smith (Car)

Antonio Gates

Donald Driver

Chad Ochocinco

Anquan Boldin

Calvin Johnson

Jackson also had the same number of yards (1167) as Vincent Jackson (DeSean and Vincent Jackson also had the same number of touchdowns) and Hines Ward however did it on less catches. Alot of those guys mentioned are considered elite so again, it's laughable to say Moss is better and 20 other recievers are better. The best of DeSean is yet to come.

i already did in another thread