gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

oh I agree, and the most over-rated part of that team is the OL and it has been the weak link of that team for years. you can't win with a bad OL

I'm not sure, I think your entire defense has consistently been over-rated (speaking only of talent) ever since Parcells arrived

from the outside looking in, I think your O-line has been pretty dang good (at times) the last few years

I'm not sure, I think your entire defense has consistently been over-rated (speaking only of talent) ever since Parcells arrived

from the outside looking in, I think your O-line has been pretty dang good (at times) the last few years

well when Parcells arrived the defense sucked, so not sure they were overated then, or anytime up until this year. Last year the Jets allowed the least amount of points in the NFL, the 2nd best team was Dallas at 15.8, I'm not sure how a team that allowed the 2nd least amount of points in the NFL is overrated, and up until this year they were top 10 in yards allowed every year for the past few years, so not sure how they can be classified as overrated in the last few years. This year they are overrated though.

Romo's escapability and MB3 being able to break tackles has made the OL look better than they are. I think over the last few years they've led the NFL in negative runs, which to me points squarely to the OL, and they are one of the worst in short yardage situations. Even last year when Dallas beat Philly in those back to back games, if you watch closely Romo was getting hit a lot and was really having to avoid people.

Skins placed NT Ma'ake Kemoeatu on IR. Anthony Bryant is likely to take over as starting NT. Although Bryant played better than Kemo in his start against Dallas, Nose tackle is probably the biggest need of the redskins this off-season. Its no secret that you need a good NT to make the 3-4 work and we don't have one which is why we give up a ton of yards. Kemo just wasn't the same after his achilles' injury and should be released this off-season.

I think if we don't take a QB in the first round this year i think they will be targeting a NT with that pick. Or we could go after the Dolphins Paul Soliai if he makes it to free agency.

Dolphins NT Paul Soliai, an impending free agent, is expected to be in high demand in 2011.

Originally penciled in as a backup to Randy Starks at the beginning of the season, Soliai has keyed a run defense that has allowed just 54.5 yard at 2.3 per carry over the past four games. At 6'4" and 355 pounds, he has ideal size for a 3-4 nose tackle. Pro Football Focus ranks Soliai as the 13th best interior lineman in the NFL this year.

Skins placed NT Ma'ake Kemoeatu on IR. Anthony Bryant is likely to take over as starting NT. Although Bryant played better than Kemo in his start against Dallas, Nose tackle is probably the biggest need of the redskins this off-season. Its no secret that you need a good NT to make the 3-4 work and we don't have one which is why we give up a ton of yards. Kemo just wasn't the same after his achilles' injury and should be released this off-season.

I think if we don't take a QB in the first round this year i think they will be targeting a NT with that pick. Or we could go after the Dolphins Paul Soliai if he makes it to free agency.

Nah, he's only 26, not old enough....

That joke just gets funnier every year around here.

Out of the 11 Free Agents the Skins signed this off season 10 of them were 30 or older, so yeah guess it really does...

Out of the 11 Free Agents the Skins signed this off season 10 of them were 30 or older, so yeah guess it really does...

Yes but they were all for small amounts of money and can be released just as easily. A guy like Soliai will get a big contract.

Yes but they were all for small amounts of money and can be released just as easily. A guy like Soliai will get a big contract.

But your team is forced to do that because the skin shun the draft. Instead of getting young guys experience and working their way into the lineup, your team discounts improving from within and continuously thumbs their nose at a valuable tactic in improving one's team.

yeah, I'd like Dallas to take a run at Soliai or a guy like him. Ratliff should be a DE in the 3-4. Dallas could use a big ol fat arse DT right in the middle of the defense.

So as an Eagles fan I'm happy to see McNabb play so poorly for the Redskins, but really got me today is the headlines from CBS Sportsline

"McNabb: Coach Shanahan 'disrespected' me with benching"

Well, now you know why Philly fell out of favor of him, because it has always been about HIM. Sorry, but the game of football will always be a team sport, and DMAC is proving once again that he doesn't get it. Look at the playoff game last year, when the blame was laid upon the youth of the football team (comments by McNabb). Well, I think the Redskin fans finally understand what we went through the last few years, he is always concerned about statistics, and making sure he doesn't throw many interceptions, which means do not attempt anything that might have an effect on his stats. Shanny took on too many free agents that are over 30, and needs to restart over next year. Good Luck staying up with the Eagles and Giants, I think the right move is to move on without DMAC, and let him crash and burn somewhere else.

What is your thought?

So as an Eagles fan I'm happy to see McNabb play so poorly for the Redskins, but really got me today is the headlines from CBS Sportsline

Well, now you know why Philly fell out of favor of him, because it has always been about HIM. Sorry, but the game of football will always be a team sport, and DMAC is proving once again that he doesn't get it. Look at the playoff game last year, when the blame was laid upon the youth of the football team (comments by McNabb). Well, I think the Redskin fans finally understand what we went through the last few years, he is always concerned about statistics, and making sure he doesn't throw many interceptions, which means do not attempt anything that might have an effect on his stats. Shanny took on too many free agents that are over 30, and needs to restart over next year. Good Luck staying up with the Eagles and Giants, I think the right move is to move on without DMAC, and let him crash and burn somewhere else.

What is your thought?

he even said it was bad for the team to do it on Thursday. he said Rex should have known alot earlier so he could prepare. Mcnabb said it made no sense for him to be taking all the reps and then starting Grossman... so he was defending his team.

What is your thought?

My thoughts are honestly if he hasn't lived up to expectations why was it disrespectful for him to be benched. If you don't play well there's always somone else who deserves a chance. That's just how it is. McNabb seems like he's trying to either make it out like Shanny and the Skins are the bad guys and that he's the good guy or he's hinting that he wants a release.

If you don't want to get benched then play better. Don't throw balls in the dirt and don't throw behind receivers. End of story.

On another note, skins FS Kareem Moore might not be able to play this week because of a knee injury. That leaves just 1 healthy safety on the roster, recently signed FS Macho Harris. The only other safety is Sha'reff Rashad who was just signed to the practice squad a few weeks ago.

If you don't want to get benched then play better. Don't throw balls in the dirt and don't throw behind receivers. End of story.

On another note, skins FS Kareem Moore might not be able to play this week because of a knee injury. That leaves just 1 healthy safety on the roster, recently signed FS Macho Harris. The only other safety is Sha'reff Rashad who was just signed to the practice squad a few weeks ago.

:lol: Now you know how a majority of Eagles fans felt about Donny.

We tried to tell you mofos but you didn't listen. :nonono:

he even said it was bad for the team to do it on Thursday. he said Rex should have known alot earlier so he could prepare. Mcnabb said it made no sense for him to be taking all the reps and then starting Grossman... so he was defending his team.

it was already known and reported that they were splitting reps and that grossman's reps had increased the last month. he wasn't taking "all the reps" and him trying to justify his whining with that is pathetic.

Brian Baldinger after the Mcnabb trade:

The Eagles should be ecstatic. I view McNabb as a flawed player, and it was never more apparent than in the back-to-back losses to the Cowboys last season. His flaws will never go away. Now, the Eagles get at least two chances to expose the same flaws they've been covering up for 11 years. It works against the Redskins that McNabb is still in the division. Andy Reid can finally stop covering up for one of the most overrated quarterbacks in the history of the game. The Eagles will go to the playoffs. The Redskins will be watching from the golf course.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/moving_...l#ixzz18sox01dc

I loved all the "be careful what you wish for Eagles fans" analyst who ripped us for wanting to trade Mcnabb.

I loved all the "be careful what you wish for Eagles fans" analyst who ripped us for wanting to trade Mcnabb.

I remember that!

Baldy has stood by the Eagles (Andy Reid more specific) win or lose. He knows his stuff, i can't lie.

It surprises me how he just flat out came out and said all that but like i said, he supported Andy more than he did McNabb so.....

Look, anyone would be foolish to argue now that Vick is an upgrade over the 2009 McNabb.

But no one knew that the time, and what did we have to be ecstatic about? There is only one thing that will make me ecstatic, a Super Bowl win. Even if McNabb was half as terrible as Baldinger says, at the time it was nothing more than moving onto what we thought was going to be Kevin Kolb, who was a nobody more likely to bust than anything. So what did we have to be ecstatic about?

Thats why Baldinger is a f'n idiot always has been and always will be.

Kolb wouldn't do what Vick is doing now but he's still a decent QB. He's on the rise, Mcnabb is on the decline. And Baldy is the man, I'd take his opinion on the birds over any other analyst.

My thoughts are honestly if he hasn't lived up to expectations why was it disrespectful for him to be benched. If you don't play well there's always somone else who deserves a chance. That's just how it is. McNabb seems like he's trying to either make it out like Shanny and the Skins are the bad guys and that he's the good guy or he's hinting that he wants a release.

With the first benching from the Eagles, he got extra "hush hush" money. His first benching from the skins, he got another contract, which we all know is bogus. And so the question would be is he tring to get more money or just worried about his image. What is really sad, was the introduction last game as a Team captain, for being the third string QB! Wondering if skins will try and move him in the off season, and who would take him, as other teams know the skins contract can be voided before the beginning of the first game of the season.

Kolb wouldn't do what Vick is doing now but he's still a decent QB. He's on the rise, Mcnabb is on the decline. And Baldy is the man, I'd take his opinion on the birds over any other analyst.

With Kolb you guys are a 7-8 win team at best

With Kolb you guys are a 7-8 win team at best

yep...especially with the o-line not being that strong. was the main reason why andy made the change to vick in the first place.