gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

So. Skins and Oakland both have QB's who were new to the SYSTEM.

Campbell - 12 games 11 started - 179/304 58.9% 12tds 8ints 2232 yards 83.9 qb rating. 43 rushes 189 yards 1td 9 fumbles 1 lost

Mcnabb - 13 games 13 starts - 272/472 58.3% 14tds 15ints 3377 yards 77.1 qb rating, 29 rushes 151 yards 0tds 10 fumbles 1 lost.

Oaklands record - going into today 7-8

Skins record - going into today 6-9

So skins traded picks, for stats/wins they possible could of had with Campbell.

And I wish I had a one every time someone holds Trent Cole. If you are good enough you get passed it.

Another year of not making the playoffs.

It gets boring watching the skins choke in the regular season.

we'll talk around this time next week ;)

I think I'll have to perform the heimhich on a few guys around here.

we'll talk around this time next week ;)

I think I'll have to perform the heimhich on a few guys around here.

Have a winning season before you can talk trash.. All the skins fans in SOMD continue to be laughed at on a regular basis.

All I have heard since Easter is " PLAYOFFSSSSSSSSSSS"

Now Mcnabbs your 3rd qb.

and we'll get to watch the skins do what they do best in the off-season, make all the wrong moves. B-)

This

:lol:

What old a** player will they overpay for this year?

So. Skins and Oakland both have QB's who were new to the SYSTEM.

Campbell - 12 games 11 started - 179/304 58.9% 12tds 8ints 2232 yards 83.9 qb rating. 43 rushes 189 yards 1td 9 fumbles 1 lost

Mcnabb - 13 games 13 starts - 272/472 58.3% 14tds 15ints 3377 yards 77.1 qb rating, 29 rushes 151 yards 0tds 10 fumbles 1 lost.

Oaklands record - going into today 7-8

Skins record - going into today 6-9

So skins traded picks, for stats/wins they possible could of had with Campbell.

no one is going to say mcnabb played well but its different when a team asks you to win games and one is asked to manage a game. in almost the same amount of games one threw the ball 170 times more. one team is #2 rushing the ball and the other is #30 but that isnt mentioned but their records are. not saying that mcnabb played better, they both would have sucked on the redskins but you have to take into account that the raiders ran all over teams.

:lol: that would be great, i wonder how many skins fans would buy into it.

The sad/funny thing is that 70% of them actually would. "Shanahan worked his magic with Elway, and Favre is only a few years older than he was, so let's be positive guys! Snyder and Shanny know what they're doing!" :lol:

No way it happens but I would love a Rexy-McNabb training camp duel.

If 5 lost that he would cry all season long.

I heard yesterday that the Skins are expected to go hard after a WR like Sidney Rice, Steve Breaston or Vincent Jackson (though unlikely they will go after Ochocinco or T.O.).

Problem is, Skins will still need a QB. I think a good idea would be to bring in Kyle Orton and draft someone in the 2nd or 3rd round to groom. Orton is a big upgrade over what they have now at QB, he's coming off two very solid seasons but I have a feeling Rex is going to get his shot next year and if that's true, Skins are going nowhere. Grossman proved to actually play much better in Shanny's system than McNabb but Grossman is still never going to be a good starting QB.

Oh and there might be interest of bringing Champ Bailey back to DC. Shanny brought him to Denver so now the 32 year old could reunite with him in DC.

skins just need to do a good old fashioned rebuild. dump the drama queens (portis, mcnabb, hall, haynesworth, etc), re-sign the talented good soldiers (cooley, ?) and just start over. don't sign a FA over 28; don't trade any high draft picks at all unless you can get multiple almost-high picks (a 1 for 2 2's). give it 3 years to compete for the division.

if only the fans and snyder had the patience for that.

Heres a big reason for optimism for skins fans: The skins run defense was one of the worst in the league, allowing about 4.9 yards per carry the entire year. But since Anthony Bryant took over starting at nose tackle the last 2 games the skins have only allowed:

Giants: 2.6 yards per carry on 32 rushes.

Jaguars: 3.4 yards per carry on 23 rushes.

And the Giants and Jags are two of the best running teams.

Heres a big reason for optimism for skins fans: The skins run defense was one of the worst in the league, allowing about 4.9 yards per carry the entire year. But since Anthony Bryant took over starting at nose tackle the last 2 games the skins have only allowed:

MJD didn't play in that game.

And the Giants haven't been able to run the ball worth a crap in the last three games.

But yes. Finding at least a mediocre NT BEFORE switching to the 3-4 might have been a better idea. Looks like you guys may have lucked into one.

MJD didn't play in that game.

And the Giants haven't been able to run the ball worth a crap in the last three games.

But yes. Finding at least a mediocre NT BEFORE switching to the 3-4 might have been a better idea. Looks like you guys may have lucked into one.

We had him on the roster since training camp, he just never got any playing time until now. And Rashad Jennings is no lightweight, he ran for over 100 yards this week against the Texans who were pretty much giving up the same yards per carry as us, if not less. And they had Trent Edwards at QB not Garrard so they could have just loaded the box.

We had him on the roster since training camp, he just never got any playing time until now. And Rashad Jennings is no lightweight, he ran for over 100 yards this week against the Texans who were pretty much giving up the same yards per carry as us, if not less. And they had Trent Edwards at QB not Garrard so they could have just loaded the box.

I know he's been on your roster, but it's the coach's job to say "Hey, this guy looks pretty good, lets get him some snaps in the game. Heck, it's not like our defense could get any worse."

Eagles shut down: Giants twice, Dallas, Jags, Titans, Texans, 49ers, Falcons, running attack.

What's your plans for the secondary???

That was a hideous attempt at coverage yesterday on that TD pass to Manningham...simply hideous.