gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

ok fine

Johnson-hou

fitzgerald-arz

moss-ne

jackson-sd

wayne-ind

austin-dall

colston-no

white-atl

marshall-mia

johnson-cin

evens-buff

smith-car

driver-gb

boldin-balt

rice-minn

smith-nyg

welker-ne

i could go on...

also added

I'll replace Driver with his teammate Greg Jennings who BTW has 25 TD catches over the past 3 seasons.

replace Evan with Hines Ward, the best blocker in football to go with his 95 rec.

Both steve smith's are better

since welker is hurt i'll go with Santonio Holmes, yep he's better too.

ok fine

Johnson-hou

fitzgerald-arz

moss-ne

jackson-sd

wayne-ind

austin-dall

colston-no

white-atl

marshall-mia

johnson-cin

evens-buff

smith-car

driver-gb

boldin-balt

rice-minn

smith-nyg

welker-ne

i could go on...

also added

I'll replace Driver with his teammate Greg Jennings who BTW has 25 TD catches over the past 3 seasons.

replace Evan with Hines Ward, the best blocker in football to go with his 95 rec.

:roll:

no he's really not. maybe in little boy playstation world, or in nerd fantasy football land.

But NOT in real football not as a wideout, returner yes but WR no.

I can name close to 20 better wideouts than Jackson.

Well then. This officially tops the list of idiotic comments for the week.

I cant belive he actually wrote that and was serious...

Seriously. Some of the name he had on there were laughable.

But far and away, the best name was Lee Evans. He had 600 yards last year. Jackson had about as many receiving TDs last year as Evans had the last 2 years. Evans' longest catch last year was 50 yards; Jackson had 7 catches alone longer than that.

But far and away, the best name was Lee Evans. He had 600 yards last year. Jackson had about as many receiving TDs last year as Evans had the last 2 years. Evans' longest catch last year was 50 yards; Jackson had 7 catches alone longer than that.

Like i said in the other thread, Lee Evans would be a top WR if he didnt play for the Bills. If he had a better line and QB he would be a top 10 receiver. Santana Moss is similar because he has suffered from the skins inconsistent QB, o-line play, and coordinator changes.

I think Evans put up 1000 yard seasons with JP Losman at QB.

Well then. This officially tops the list of idiotic comments for the week.

really, because Lindy's Pro Football mag. doesn't have D.Jackson in the top 15 either :whistle:

ok you found one guy, ONE! that still doesn't put Jackson in the top ten..

sorry to bust that bubble.

And i'll say it again..

We ALL know how Eagle fans over inflate the worth of their own players, see B Westbrook.

How he was better than Clinton Portis, Jeez and now look at him. Hoping to hitch a ride as

CP's backup.

LAST year i remember how Jason Peters was the "best tackle in football,'' yeah right.

THIS year its Celek & Jackson

Funny how they hated the best thing that's ever happened to their team. (McNabb)

and love all the scrubs.

And i'll say it again..

We ALL know how Eagle fans over inflate the worth of their own players, see B Westbrook.

How he was better than Clinton Portis, Jeez and now look at him. Hoping to hitch a ride as

CP's backup.

LAST year i remember how Jason Peters was the "best tackle in football,'' yeah right.

THIS year its Celek & Jackson

Funny how they hated the best thing that's ever happened to their team. (McNabb)

and love all the scrubs.

I agree with Celek though...i think hes going to be a top 5 TE this year. Hes a great steal in fantasy football right now.

I agree with Celek though...i think hes going to be a top 5 TE this year. Hes a great steal in fantasy football right now.

I don't play fantasy football.

top ten yes but not top 5.

Witten

Clark

Gates

Cooley

Gonzalez

Davis

Winslow II

H.Miller

just to name a few & thats not including the stud blockers, but since the NFL has turned into a pass happy league

those guys get little to no attention.

and lookout for Visanthe Shiancoe, the guy had 11 TD's last season.

You have to be kidding me.

ok you found one guy, ONE! that still doesn't put Jackson in the top ten..

sorry to bust that bubble.

ok fine

Johnson-hou

fitzgerald-arz

moss-ne

jackson-sd

wayne-ind

austin-dall

colston-no

white-atl

marshall-mia

johnson-cin

evens-buff

smith-car

driver-gb

boldin-balt

rice-minn

smith-nyg

welker-ne

i could go on...

also added

I crossed out everything you said that was idiotic.

Celek was a monster last year. Almost 1000 yards out of the TE spot to go with 8 TDs and much improved blocking. Only 3 NFL TEs had more yards and TDs, and only 5 had more catches.

I don't know if he's a "steal", people know what his numbers were last year. He'll most likely go 5th or so after Gates, Gonzo, Clark, and Davis. I'd probably take him over Witten because Celek is going to be a safety valve for a young QB and the fact that Witten only had 2 TDs last year.

He could have been considered a "steal" last year if some people followed his '08 playoffs where he had 19 catches and 3 TDs, the production carried over to '09.

If Kolb is going to prove to be a good NFL QB, Celek will be a big reason why.

I crossed out everything you said that was idiotic.

ok then, do you think any GM in their right mind would take D.Jackson over lets say Calvin Johnson?

i think not. so again even with the names you crossed off, Jackson is STILL not in the top ten.

really, because Lindy's Pro Football mag. doesn't have D.Jackson in the top 15 either :whistle:

Wait, Lindy's said it? THEN IT'S GOTTA BE TRUE!!!!!

I mean, NFL Preview mags are always right.

Thanks for clearing this up.

Wait, Lindy's said it? THEN IT'S GOTTA BE TRUE!!!!!

I mean, NFL Preview mags are always right.

Thanks for clearing this up.

But wasn't it Lindys that said the Eagles would win the NFC East :whistle:

Like i said in the other thread, Lee Evans would be a top WR if he didnt play for the Bills. If he had a better line and QB he would be a top 10 receiver. Santana Moss is similar because he has suffered from the skins inconsistent QB, o-line play, and coordinator changes.

I think Evans put up 1000 yard seasons with JP Losman at QB.

So if he had a good QB he would be better but then you mention how he had 1000 yards with Losman, who sucks.

ok then, do you think any GM in their right mind would take D.Jackson over lets say Calvin Johnson?

i think not. so again even with the names you crossed off, Jackson is STILL not in the top ten.

Compairing Jackson and Johnson's numbers in their first two seasons:

Jackson: 31 games/125 catches/2079 yards/11td/1 fumble

Johnson: 31 games/126 catches/2087 yards/16td/2 fumbles

Johnson is entering year four and has one 1000 yard season, which was two year ago. His numbers dropped big time in year three after what looked to be a breakout second season. You can blame the team, blame the quaterbacks but people did the same thing with Roy Williams and look how he has played with Dallas. Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson's numbers through their first three years are pretty simular.

Williams - 43 games/141 catches/2814 yards/23td/3 fumbles

Johnson - 44 games/193 catches/3071 yards/21td/4 fumbles

ok fine

Johnson-hou

fitzgerald-arz

moss-ne

jackson-sd

wayne-ind

austin-dall

colston-no

white-atl

marshall-mia

johnson-cin

evens-buff

smith-car

driver-gb

boldin-balt

rice-minn

smith-nyg

welker-ne

i could go on...

also added

Well let's look what those recievers did in 2009 and where they ranked (based on yards but you can see their catches/td totals):

1. A. Johnson - 101/1569/9td

2. Welker - 123/1348/4td (expected to miss most of the season)

3. Austin - 81/1320/11td

4. Rice - 83/1312/8td (needs Favre to return or numbers will drop big time)

5. Wayne - 100/1264/10td

5. R. Moss - 83/1264/13td

6. Holmes - 79/1248/5td (suspended 4 games)

7. S. Smth (NYG) - 107/1220/7td

8. D. Jackson - 63/1167/9td

8. V. Jackson - 68/1167/9td (suspended 3 games, says he will sit out all season)

8. Ward - 95/1167/6td

10. R. White - 85/1153/11td

11. Marshall - 101/1120/10td

12. Jennings - 68/1113/4td

14. Fitzgerald - 97/1092/13td

15. Colston - 70/1074/9td

16. Driver - 70/1061/6td

17. Ochocinco - 72/1047/9td

20. Boldin - 82/1024/4td

21. Cal. Johnson - 67/984/5td

22. S. Smith (Car) - 65/982/7td (will miss entire camp/preseason but expected to be back for week 1)

not in the top 50 - Evans - 44/612/7td

You mentioned Ward as the best blocker, which he arguably still is but he had the same number of yards, less td and almost 30 more catches than DeSean.

How I would rank the top 25 recievers...

1. A. Johnson

2. Moss

3. Wayne

4. Fitzgerald

5. Marshall

6. White

7. Jennings

8. D. Jackson

9. Austin

10. Colston

11. Rice

12. Cal. Johnson

13. Ochocinco

14. S. Smith (Car) (will miss entire camp/preseason but expected back for week 1)

15. V. Jackson (will miss 3 games, says he might holdout all season)

16. Boldin

17. S. Smith (NYG)

18. Ward

19. Driver

20. Mason

21. Crabtree

22. Harvin

23. Nicks

24. Maclin

25. Holmes (will miss 3 games, new team, unproven QB, other talented recievers around him)

Biggest sleeper in 2010: Malcolm Floyd - Jackson is out for 3 games and maybe more. Floyd had 776 yards last year. Could he top 1000?

Welker if healthy would be somewhere in the top 10.

Giants fans will probably complain that Smith is too low but I think a healthy Hakeem Nicks is going to take alot more catches from him and by season's end become Eli's favorite WR. I think Smith's numbers, especially catches drops big time.

So if he had a good QB he would be better but then you mention how he had 1000 yards with Losman, who sucks.

I'm saying if he had a good QB he would consistently be a top WR year in and year out.

Biggest difference between Moss and DJax is that Moss never had the ability or chance to be an elite player whereas DJax does.

Biggest difference between Moss and DJax is that Moss never had an elite Quarterback whereas DJax did..

until now.