gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

What's your plans for the secondary???

That was a hideous attempt at coverage yesterday on that TD pass to Manningham...simply hideous.

Yep, Hall tried to make a play on the ball instead of playing it safe and it cost him. We had a ton of injuries on defense across the board but the return of Landry and the addition of another pass rusher should go a long way to improving the secondary. I was pissed at Hall for allowing that play but he said the right things afterwords.

"One thing I don't do in the past is get beat for touchdowns," Hall said. "I made a lot of plays this season but I got beat more than I've ever got beat in my career combined. I just think the Philly game, the Colts game, this game. Gosh, was it another one? Tampa, the deep ball."

Hall finished the season with a career-high six interceptions, and four of them came in one game - Oct. 24, when he tied an NFL record against Chicago. But Hall said the plays he didn't make have him focused on improving in 2011. He was asked Sunday whether he deserved to go to the Pro Bowl. His response? "Probably not."

"That's a popularity contest," Hall said. "There's been times that I've felt like I should've went, didn't go. Times I don't feel like I should go, that I go. I'm definitely happy to go, but at the same time, I left a lot of picks out there, left a lot of plays that I'm going to damn sure make next season out there. I'm going into this offseason hungry. This Pro Bowl, I'm happy. It's cool. It don't mean too much in the grand scheme of things. I still got a long way to go."

Eagles shut down: Giants twice, Dallas, Jags, Titans, Texans, 49ers, Falcons, running attack.

Liar

So i've decided to list out the skins big needs going into this off-season.

QB, WR, G, C, NT, DE, OLB, ILB, FS, and possibly CB because i think they will let Rogers walk. The skins have the 10th pick, so i think that pick will be either a QB or NT unless a star player somehow falls to the skins like WR AJ Green. I also listed ILB because i think Rocky McIntosh has struggled in the new 3-4 and they will let him walk too.

good thing you have a bunch of draft picks to fill those holes

Hah. Burn.

Yep, Hall tried to make a play on the ball instead of playing it safe and it cost him. We had a ton of injuries on defense across the board but the return of Landry and the addition of another pass rusher should go a long way to improving the secondary. I was pissed at Hall for allowing that play but he said the right things afterwords.

"One thing I don't do in the past is get beat for touchdowns," Hall said. "I made a lot of plays this season but I got beat more than I've ever got beat in my career combined. I just think the Philly game, the Colts game, this game. Gosh, was it another one? Tampa, the deep ball."

Hall finished the season with a career-high six interceptions, and four of them came in one game - Oct. 24, when he tied an NFL record against Chicago. But Hall said the plays he didn't make have him focused on improving in 2011. He was asked Sunday whether he deserved to go to the Pro Bowl. His response? "Probably not."

"That's a popularity contest," Hall said. "There's been times that I've felt like I should've went, didn't go. Times I don't feel like I should go, that I go. I'm definitely happy to go, but at the same time, I left a lot of picks out there, left a lot of plays that I'm going to damn sure make next season out there. I'm going into this offseason hungry. This Pro Bowl, I'm happy. It's cool. It don't mean too much in the grand scheme of things. I still got a long way to go."

Ok... Hall has been beat a ton for TD's. Just look back to the season opener in Oakland. He got abused by a rookie.

Hall is a good CB, but people over hype him like he is a top notch CB.

You can count on it, if Hall gets one turnover either a FF or INT, that is all he goes for.

The tampa game, he got the FF, then the rest of the game just tried getting turnovers.

And his 6ints. 4 came in one game. that leaves 2 for the rest of the season. That isnt very good IMO.

Ok... Hall has been beat a ton for TD's. Just look back to the season opener in Oakland. He got abused by a rookie.

You can count on it, if Hall gets one turnover either a FF or INT, that is all he goes for.

The tampa game, he got the FF, then the rest of the game just tried getting turnovers.

And his 6ints. 4 came in one game. that leaves 2 for the rest of the season. That isnt very good IMO.

I would agree but someone pointed out to me that Hall basically won 2 games for the skins on his own this year. The fumble recovery for TD against Dallas was our only TD that game and his 4 picks against the Bears, one for a TD, gave us the narrow win.

I would agree but someone pointed out to me that Hall basically won 2 games for the skins on his own this year.

this means that the rest of the team sucks, not that hall is good.

that too. Hall DOES always get beat. He used to be decent against the deep ball and teams would just throw 7 yard slants in front of him and then they would break a tackle and run 50 yards for a TD. Now he lost his speed and just gets burned straight over the top.

I have a bold Redskins prediction --

Shanahan will meet with McNabb in the offseason and he will go into next year as the starter. Grossman won't be resigned. They'll pick a QB high in the draft (Locker at #10 was rumored by PFT I think), McNabb will be expected to groom him.

I know, I hear about how the offense ran much better with Grossman, blah, blah, blah. Can you completely excuse the 8 turnovers in 4 games? Their QB ratings were comparable (Grossman was ~5 points better), but McNabb turns over the ball much less. What do you all think, is this a crazy thought?

Shanahan will meet with McNabb in the offseason and he will go into next year as the starter. Grossman won't be resigned. They'll pick a QB high in the draft (Locker at #10 was rumored by PFT I think), McNabb will be expected to groom him.

I know, I hear about how the offense ran much better with Grossman, blah, blah, blah. Can you completely excuse the 8 turnovers in 4 games? Their QB ratings were comparable (Grossman was ~5 points better), but McNabb turns over the ball much less. What do you all think, is this a crazy thought?

mcnabb turns the ball over less because for whatever reason they drop his interceptions.

That is pretty bold. McNabb said he is willing to return but only if he is guaranteed to be the starter. However, i dont buy it and i know he is hoping to be released. I think they will shop McNabb for a pick, maybe hoping to recoup the 4th rounder at least. I think Grossman will open 2011 as starter with John Beck as the 2nd QB and a rookie 3rd QB.

That is pretty bold. McNabb said he is willing to return but only if he is guaranteed to be the starter. However, i dont buy it and i know he is hoping to be released. I think they will shop McNabb for a pick, maybe hoping to recoup the 4th rounder at least. I think Grossman will open 2011 as starter with John Beck as the 2nd QB and a rookie 3rd QB.

The Skins shot themselves in the foot with that contract. Who would waste a 4th round pick on a guy everyone knows is going to be released?

I seriously doubt someone is gonna want to take on that contract, but ya never know.

The Skins shot themselves in the foot with that contract. Who would waste a 4th round pick on a guy everyone knows is going to be released?

You can view it as either they shot themselves in the foot or they protected themselves. They have until week 1 of the regular season to pick up his option, if they don't pick it up then they don't owe him a penny. They could also royally screw McNabb by holding on to him until week 1 and then releasing him, making it very hard to catch on with another team that late. I doubt they would do such a thing though.

Grossman as a starter will be awesome. It just helps cement the Redskins in the basement of the NFC East.

Thats the thing with Mcnabb. He will always say the right thing, I'm sure if he goes to another team they will interview him, and he will take shots at the skins, but not while he is there

Grossman as a starter will be awesome. It just helps cement the Redskins in the basement of the NFC East.

so does mcnabb. but at least if they have mcnabb and stink it prevents them from getting a real QB. Shanny's too good of a coach to let that happen. McNabb is now a locker room cancer.

He will open the year as the starter but probably won't finish it as one. I'd expect the rookie to begin starting towards the middle of the year unless Grossman is lighting it up. Sort of like how Shanahan benched Plummer for Cutler.

so does mcnabb. but at least if they have mcnabb and stink it prevents them from getting a real QB. Shanny's too good of a coach to let that happen. McNabb is now a locker room cancer.

Shanny's coaching this year has made me rethink his coaching skills.

Actually, given his history in Philadelphia, I do buy it. Donovan McNabb is a company man. I don't think he wants to go anywhere. They may shop him, but they're not going to get what they want (much like the Haynesworth situation). Once they figure that out, keeping him becomes much more attractive. Even with his play this year, McNabb is still a better solution at QB than Grossman. Plus, McNabb would only improve with more time in the system and more chemistry with the receivers. He's not the long term answer, I think even he knows that. They basically only need a QB to be the caretaker of the position until a rookie is ready to step in - which could be a year, it could be 3 years. So, McNabb is guaranteed to be the starter for now, when the rookie is ready to play, he'll step in.

Actually, given his history in Philadelphia, I do buy it. Donovan McNabb is a company man. I don't think he wants to go anywhere. They may shop him, but they're not going to get what they want (much like the Haynesworth situation). Once they figure that out, keeping him becomes much more attractive. Even with his play this year, McNabb is still a better solution at QB than Grossman. Plus, McNabb would only improve with more time in the system and more chemistry with the receivers. He's not the long term answer, I think even he knows that. They basically only need a QB to be the caretaker of the position until a rookie is ready to step in - which could be a year, it could be 3 years. So, McNabb is guaranteed to be the starter for now, when the rookie is ready to play, he'll step in.

If they plan on having a rookie step in within a few years there's really no reason keeping him and his salaray on the roster, none what-so-ever!

Get a young QB, Grossmen as a "cheap" transition guy, good O-Lineman can be had later in the draft(always a couple late gems), DBs, complementary LBs to the few good LBs you do have, a fat slob NT you can coach up, an RB who can remain healthy to spell the Mr. Glass backfield from this year.

The following teams have hosted at least one playoff game since the Redskins last had a home playoff game:

Eagles

Dallas

NYG

NYJ

Miami

NE

GB

Min

Chicago

Arizona

St. Louis

San Fran