gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Yeah I know that Marshall was a racist a-hole, but still, what the hell does that have to do with Cooke and his stadium deal? The Redskins downfall started because of Joe Gibbs' retirement and is now continuing because of an awful owner.

The Redskins downfall began when Joe Gibbs retired in early '93. Ritchie Petitbon as head coach, was on hand to see the New York Jets beat the Redskins 3-0 in RFK stadium in 1993. That was the end, of the beginning!!

Jack Kent Cooke still owned the team until his death in 4/97. He was such a ****, he didn't *will* the team to his oldest son John. He forced his son John Kent Cooke to pay for the franchise. Did JKC see Napoleon complex Daniel Snyder ready to make the "deal"? JKC figured Daniel Snyder didn't exist during his lifetime. JKC wasn't up on high tech trades, and deals through the stock market, since back then the NASDAQ was very inflated.

At least George Steinbrenner gave the Yankees to his offspring by will. JKC made a franchise changing mistake before he died.

I would buy the skins if i could, but even if i had the cash im sure Snyder would never sell.

I REALLY hope you are correct. And I hope Snyder has a long healthy life.

That quote got me too.

Don't know how anyone could buy into that horsecrap.

Its pretty easy to see, actually. All the intellegent football fans in Maryland have flocked to the Ravens. That just leaves the idiots and people from Virgina to make up the fanbase.

Its pretty easy to see, actually. All the intellegent football fans in Maryland have flocked to the Ravens. That just leaves the idiots and people from Virgina to make up the fanbase.

You mean all the bandwagon fans.

You mean all the bandwagon fans.

The fans that realize that there is no hope in DC with Snyder as the owner. For most, it's not a choice made lightly. I've talked to a few that have switched to the Raven because of the big fat middle finger Snyder gives to them every year. Snyder is running fans off. They love what the skins used to be, but hate what they have turned into. But they can't, in good conscience, root for a team with Snyder as the owner. I don't doubt that even your faith will waiver when the whole Snyder, Allen, Shanny thing blows up in the next year or two.

The fans that realize that there is no hope in DC with Snyder as the owner. For most, it's not a choice made lightly. I've talked to a few that have switched to the Raven because of the big fat middle finger Snyder gives to them every year. Snyder is running fans off. They love what the skins used to be, but hate what they have turned into. But they can't, in good conscience, root for a team with Snyder as the owner. I don't doubt that even your faith will waiver when the whole Snyder, Allen, Shanny thing blows up in the next year or two.

If he doesn't give Shanny and Allen a legitimate chance then im done with him. All this talk of change, i want to see continuity. Let Shanahan put his systems in place and sign/draft guys that fit his system. I want to see him get a solid 5 years to turn this around.

Its easy to jump ship to the Ravens, its the easy way out and a lot of people have done it in recent years. People forget that as recently as 2007 the Ravens were a struggling team and they were the only win of the 1-15 Dolphins. The following off-season they draft Flacco and things turn around. You get the franchise QB and your team improves...the skins haven't had one of those in a long time which is why we haven't won.

There could be one for us in this draft, it could be a guy like Jake Locker. In fact actually from reading Flacco's old scouting reports he is similar to Jake Locker. Only Flacco probably has a stronger arm.

If he doesn't give Shanny and Allen a legitimate chance then im done with him. All this talk of change, i want to see continuity. Let Shanahan put his systems in place and sign/draft guys that fit his system. I want to see him get a solid 5 years to turn this around.

Its easy to jump ship to the Ravens, its the easy way out and a lot of people have done it in recent years. People forget that as recently as 2007 the Ravens were a struggling team and they were the only win of the 1-15 Dolphins. The following off-season they draft Flacco and things turn around. You get the franchise QB and your team improves...the skins haven't had one of those in a long time which is why we haven't won.

There could be one for us in this draft, it could be a guy like Jake Locker. In fact actually from reading Flacco's old scouting reports he is similar to Jake Locker. Only Flacco probably has a stronger arm.

Skins still need a whole lot more then a franchise QB though, but drafting one would definetly be a foot in the right direction. Unless this past season where they took a step back with Donny. Don't care about their record, they took a step back with him.

If he doesn't give Shanny and Allen a legitimate chance then im done with him.

Bingo, your threshold is higher than the others I am talking to. So my point is that not all of those fans should be labeled bandwagoners.

A TON of the fanbase has switched, which is why the Ravens are Marylands team. However, the few that stayed and still think the Skins are a worthwhile franchise refuse to believe this.

Honestly, they might as well move the team to LA and dump the racist name.

:roll:

Wow, that is a stretch. You pick one losing season that is sandwiched between 11+ win seasons (both of which ended when the Ravens were eliminated by the eventual superbowl champions in the playoffs)

2000 12 4 0 Won Superbowl

2001 10 6 0 1-1 in the Playoffs

2002 7 9 0

2003 10 6 0 Lost in Playoffs

2004 9 7 0

2005 6 10 0

2006 13 3 0 Lost to the Colts in the playoffs, who won the superbowl

2007 5 11 0

2008 11 5 0 2-1 in the playoffs, lost to the Steelers in the AFCCG, who won the superbowl

2009 9 7 0 1-1 in the playoffs, lost to the Colts in the playoffs, who went to the superbowl

2010 12 4 0 Will be eventual superbowl champions

If anything, the 2007 was a hiccup in the middle of a very successful run.

:roll:

Wow, that is a stretch. You pick one losing season that is sandwiched between 11+ win seasons (both of which ended when the Ravens were eliminated by the eventual superbowl champions in the playoffs)

2000 12 4 0 Won Superbowl

2001 10 6 0 1-1 in the Playoffs

2002 7 9 0

2003 10 6 0 Lost in Playoffs

2004 9 7 0

2005 6 10 0

2006 13 3 0 Lost to the Colts in the playoffs, who won the superbowl

2007 5 11 0

2008 11 5 0 2-1 in the playoffs, lost to the Steelers in the AFCCG, who won the superbowl

2009 9 7 0 1-1 in the playoffs, lost to the Colts in the playoffs, who went to the superbowl

2010 12 4 0 Will be eventual superbowl champions

If anything, the 2007 was a hiccup in the middle of a very successful run.

Typically teams can't have multiple successful seasons unless they have franchise QB's in place. Your team mainly benefited from a dominant defense and running game. Flacco is what has taken the Ravens over the hump.

Someone needs to send Danny boy a copy of this article

http://www.thepostgame.com/commentary/2011...le-sports-fans#

Danny wipes his arse with that article. 'lil Danny is an expert in getting the skins fans to open up their wallets in spite of putting total garbage on the field for the last 10 years. The fans have the ultimate power, but for whatever reason, skins fans do not want it. All they want is to make Danny richer and to continue watching crap football. Don't believe me?

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Redsk...ains_187125.jsp

Redskins Team Stores Achieve Huge Sales Gains

Posted: December 28, 2010

The Washington Redskins and MainGate Inc. announced that retail sales at the Redskins Team Stores in Virginia and Maryland increased by nearly 50 percent in the last six months of 2010 as compared to sales during the same period in 2009. Sales at the Hall of Fame store and game-day locations at FedExField were up nearly 70 percent compared to the 2009 football season.

There are 13 Redskins retail locations in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area, including the Hall of Fame store at FedExField. Indianapolis-based MainGate Inc. has managed and operated all of Redskins retail stores, including the online store RedskinsTeamStore.com, since June 1, 2010.

When MainGate assumed the retail operations they remodeled and re-merchandised all 13 locations. In addition MainGate has instituted its unique sales and customer service programs that have been a key ingredient to the sales gain and the success of the Redskins merchandise program.

MainGate plans a strategic expansion of certain Redskins

Skins want to keep both McNabb AND Haynesworth!?

Fri Jan 14 05:26am EST

Redskins aren't planning to lose McNabb, Haynesworth

By Mark J. Miller

Washington Redskins defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth(notes) was unhappy all season and was suspended for the final four games without pay, but Skins general manager Bruce Allen is saying that he plans to have the 6-6, 335-pounder back next season.

"We were hopeful that he was gonna help the team win, and we remain hopeful that he can help the team win," Allen said, according to the Washington Post. "Obviously, we went through a difficult time with the suspension.

"But when we make those decisions, we understand that there's a human being involved besides just the player. Hopefully, if we give it some time to breathe, maybe we can come back with a fresh outlook on it."

The Post notes that the team has already shelled out nearly $35 million to Haynesworth for 20 games worth of work.

As for beleagured quarterback Donovan McNabb, Allen doesn't see him moving anywhere this offseason, either. The Post reports that when asked when Haynesworth and McNabb will become Redskins alumni, he said, "No time soon."

Don't forget to follow Scoop du Jour on Twitter or Facebook.

Source: Washington Post

Skins want to keep both McNabb AND Haynesworth!?

:lol: Good luck with that one Skins fans.

But it also could be Allen trying to play games believing that the team still wants them thus trying to raise their trade value up.

:lol: Good luck with that one Skins fans.

But it also could be Allen trying to play games believing that the team still wants them thus trying to raise their trade value up.

This is obviously the case, no way McNabb and Haynesworth are on this team next year. Hes trying to create a little trade value before they are ultimately traded/released.

This is obviously the case, no way McNabb and Haynesworth are on this team next year. Hes trying to create a little trade value before they are ultimately traded/released.

Are people really that dumb?

Are people really that dumb?

Allen apparently thinks so or else he really wouldn't bother. It's worth a shot I guess, but I really don't see it happening, if it does the Skins are some lucky mofo's.