gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

A great article on some of the QBs in the upcoming draft, written with the Redskins in mind by a former NFL scout. From what he says i think he has Blaine Gabbert rated as this years best QB followed by Nevada's Colin Kaepernick

Link

A great article on some of the QBs in the upcoming draft, written with the Redskins in mind by a former NFL scout. From what he says i think he has Blaine Gabbert rated as this years best QB followed by Nevada's Colin Kaepernick

Link

Living in Reno this past year I got to see a lot of Kaepernick. I'm not quite sold on him becoming a good QB in the NFL though. He seems like he could very well be a product of the system that was run in Nevada, the pistol offense.

McNabb and Fat Albert have ZERO trade value. Nobody except for the Skins wanted McNabb last year. Nobody was willing to take Albert from the Skins last year.

McNabb and Fat Albert have ZERO trade value. Nobody except for the Skins wanted McNabb last year. Nobody was willing to take Albert from the Skins last year.

Skins were asking for what a 2nd or 3rd for haynsworth. Yeah may be legit for the type of player but when other teams know that Haynsworth doesnt want to play there and she skins dont really like him. No one is going to give them what they want.

Pretty sure Big Al was offered in the mcnabb trade and the eagles didnt even want him..

Skins were asking for what a 2nd or 3rd for haynsworth. Yeah may be legit for the type of player but when other teams know that Haynsworth doesnt want to play there and she skins dont really like him. No one is going to give them what they want.

Pretty sure Big Al was offered in the mcnabb trade and the eagles didnt even want him..

Your probably right, and I'm glad the FO didn't take the bait.

That guy is overhyped trash and a quitter!

Actually the Titans offered a 4th round pick for Fat Al. In hindsight they probably should have taken it.

Actually the Titans offered a 4th round pick for Fat Al. In hindsight they probably should have taken it.

I remember that as well, but that was before the entire world seen that fat slob give up during that game agaisnt the Eagles. I would be surprised if anyone would offer a 4th rounder for him right now.

I remember that as well, but that was before the entire world seen that fat slob give up during that game agaisnt the Eagles. I would be surprised if anyone would offer a 4th rounder for him right now.

Its a shame that hes such an idiot because he could be a hall of fame caliber DT if he just played up to his potential all the time.

Ok, so the team that drafted him wanted him back but they probably knew they could get him as a FA after the season.

Ok, so the team that drafted him wanted him back but they probably knew they could get him as a FA after the season.

I would imagine they wanted him to help out this season.

Redskins LB Brian Orakpo is heading back to the pro bowl as a first alternate for the NFC.

Redskins linebacker Brian Orakpo didn't realize the significance at first. When Chicago reached the NFC Championship game, joining Green Bay, it meant one thing for Orakpo: a trip to the Pro Bowl.

As a first alternate, Orakpo earned a spot because two of the linebackers in the game will be playing Sunday -- the Bears' Lance Briggs and the Packers' Clay Matthews. And that means one of them will be playing in the Super Bowl, thereby being unavailable to play in the Pro Bowl in Hawaii the week before the championship game.

That opened a spot for Orakpo, who now has two Pro Bowl berths in his first two seasons. Orakpo said he didn't realize he had earned a spot until he was told by his agent and the Redskins public relations staff. The NFL, which hasn't officially told Orakpo of his honor, will announce any changes to the roster after this weekend's championship games.

He'll join cornerback DeAngelo Hall as the Redskins' lone representatives. Orakpo finished the season with 8.5 sacks, giving him 19.5 in his first two pro seasons.

"I'll take it," Orakpo said. "I would love to have made it [in December], but I'm two for two right now in the NFL and it can only get better. ... I can't ask for a better start to my career than to be selected twice and get all these sacks and accolades. I would love to be winning but that will come in the future."

So say Fat Albert gets cut, signes with the eagles (do not really want him BTW this is just talk between the fans) and Washburn gets him to play like he did in his contract years. How pissed off would skins fans be?

I could see him being extra motivated vs the skins.

Fat Albert has proved that he can be motivated by some things(see his contract year in Tenn), but he has yet to show he can be motivated with a lot of money in his bank account. Sign him to an incentive-laden contract and hope for the best. That's about all that I see happening. Maybe if a team can appeal to his desires of a "HOF" career, but that seems very unlikely.

Fat Albert has proved that he can be motivated by some things(see his contract year in Tenn), but he has yet to show he can be motivated with a lot of money in his bank account. Sign him to an incentive-laden contract and hope for the best. That's about all that I see happening. Maybe if a team can appeal to his desires of a "HOF" career, but that seems very unlikely.

THIS.

Agreed.

Your avatar is scary. Davis looks rough. I dont know how much longer he will live lol.

Agreed.

Your avatar is scary. Davis looks rough. I dont know how much longer he will live lol.

You don't get the full effect until you view it in non-avatar size.

:o

So say Fat Albert gets cut, signes with the eagles (do not really want him BTW this is just talk between the fans) and Washburn gets him to play like he did in his contract years. How pissed off would skins fans be?

I could see him being extra motivated vs the skins.

With all the reports of him wanting to go to the Eagles i think its less likely he will be released now. I actually think its growing more and more likely that he will be on the redskins in 2011. I think Shanahan is holding out for that 2nd round pick he wanted in return.

With all the reports of him wanting to go to the Eagles i think its less likely he will be released now. I actually think its growing more and more likely that he will be on the redskins in 2011. I think Shanahan is holding out for that 2nd round pick he wanted in return.

Then he's more of a moron that I thought he was ... no one, and I mean NO ONE, is offering a 2nd for Haynesworth.

Then he's more of a moron that I thought he was ... no one, and I mean NO ONE, is offering a 2nd for Haynesworth.

I agree but they aren't letting him win and get away with nothing in return. Thats why i think they will either get their asking price or he will be on the team next year. And if he doesn't want to play im sure Shanahan will be fine with suspending him and/or keeping him inactive.

I agree but they aren't letting him win and get away with nothing in return. Thats why i think they will either get their asking price or he will be on the team next year. And if he doesn't want to play im sure Shanahan will be fine with suspending him and/or keeping him inactive.

polls_kijinnmaru_inconceivable_4801_4899

The difference between the Steelers and the Redskins organizational stability? The fans of course says Ryan Clark.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/print?id=24527

ESPN.com: NFC East [Print without images]

Friday, January 21, 2011

Comparing the Redskins and Steelers

By Matt Mosley

Some of you might recall that Pittsburgh Steelers safety Ryan Clark started 24 games for the Washington Redskins in '04 and '05. He had three interceptions and two forced fumbles for the Skins in '05, but he signed with Pittsburgh, where he's become one of the most respected players on the team and the perfect complement to Troy Polamalu.

This week, Clark appeared on a Washington TV show called "Parker and Parker" and was asked about the differences between the Redskins and Steelers organizations. Dan Steinberg of the Post has the key quotes:

"I think the biggest difference is just the mentality of the area we're in," Clark said. "I think if you look at Pittsburgh, it's really just a town of hard workers, a town of blue-collar people, and they appreciate that in their team. They want to see hard work, they want to see you lay your heart on the line every week to try to win football games. And they take it probably harder than we do when we lose.

"I think in Washington you just have so much going on. You have such an organization built on putting people in the seats and finding extravagant ways to do things, instead of winning football games all the time. You know, I loved playing in Washington. It was a great place. And they just go about their business a little differently than the Pittsburgh Steelers do.

"I think right now, though, they may be on the right track. And hopefully they can get it on track, because I still have friends there. But I love being a Pittsburgh Steeler."

What do you guys think of that observation? I do believe the Redskins have a passionate fan base, but the Rooneys certainly have a much different approach than Dan Snyder. Both families have a desperate desire to win, but the Rooneys have been at this for a little while.

By the way, Steinberg notes that six percent of the Steelers' roster once played for the Redskins.

hahahahahahah :roll:

oh and to add to the Haynesworth talk you're not getting ish for Haynesworth. It doesn't matter how talented he is why would you trade for him when you can sign him to an incredibly incentive laden contract without having to give up anything because the Redskins can't keep him. Redskins fans are morons they won't get a 6th round pick for Haynesworth OR McNabb.