gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

I agree but they aren't letting him win and get away with nothing in return. Thats why i think they will either get their asking price or he will be on the team next year. And if he doesn't want to play im sure Shanahan will be fine with suspending him and/or keeping him inactive.

I seriously doubt that. MAYBE they get lucky and some team who wants either player badly enough offers a pittance for one of them, but the notion that you're in any position to command anything substantial is ridiculous.

Bottom line is, it would be disastrous for the Skins to have Haynesworth or McNabb on the team next season. It will cause a huge distraction and divide the locker room. If Shanahan wants this team to improve going forward, then he needs to clean up this mess or face a huge backlash from the fans, the players, the media and the NFLPA. Not to mention that fact that these players would be taking away 2 roster spots from other players who the team actually needs to have play.

Man that picture is really weird because i just watched that movie last night for the first time in 10 years.

just got weirder, my girlfriend and I watched that yesterday for the first time ever and I just now see this picture

So orakpo and fletcher are going to the probowl.

Lets hear the braging from skins fans.

Why brag about this? Pro bowl is meaningless. And they were alternates.

Why brag about this? Pro bowl is meaningless. And they were alternates.

But...but...there was many skins fans that used to cry and whine over fletcher always missing out on the pro bowl. This is their chance for redemption... :D

awesome....

Is it Ironic that fletcher gets his probowl nods now when he's not the best MLB in the NFC than when he was the top MLB with the Bills??

Or maybe its just Karma.

What's going to be funny is when the redskins have a 10-6 season and the fans vote the entire team in again. They let dallas do that crap, we should be able to do the same.

awesome....

Is it Ironic that fletcher gets his probowl nods now when he's not the best MLB in the NFC than when he was the top MLB with the Bills??

Or maybe its just Karma.

What's going to be funny is when the redskins have a 10-6 season and the fans vote the entire team in again. They let dallas do that crap, we should be able to do the same.

Sounds like the Bengals team from 88. Think like 10 players got in from that team.

i drink a lot so maybe i'm forgetting, but exactly who is fletcher's competition at MLB in the nfce? don't undersell one of the few bright spots! :lol:

i drink a lot so maybe i'm forgetting, but exactly who is fletcher's competition at MLB in the nfce? don't undersell one of the few bright spots! :lol:

Not much in the NFC East but there is a lot of competition for him in the NFC. Patrick Willis, Jon Beason, and Brian Urlacher come to mind immediately. Then there are young and upcoming guys like James Laurinaitis and Curtis Lofton.

And i also just remembered: Bradie James, E.J. Henderson, and Barrett Ruud

"Washington Redskins made a mad dash for Jake Locker after practice" during Senior Bowl.

Link

Perhaps most notable is that right after practice a Washington Redskins scout made a beeline for Washington QB Jake Locker to set up a meeting. Don’t forget, rumor has it the Skins were extremely interested in Locker at #4 overall last year before he opted to stay in school and they turned their attention to Donovan McNabb.

"Washington Redskins made a mad dash for Jake Locker after practice" during Senior Bowl.

Link

He should definetly be available when the Skins pick. What's your opinions on the Locker?

He should definetly be available when the Skins pick. What's your opinions on the Locker?

He has some good things going for him. Big arm and athletic but there are questions about his accuracy. You also have to remember that this is the guy that was the consensus #1 overall pick to Detroit last year before he went back to school. A Washington fan came to extremeskins a while back and gave a detailed write up on Locker and talked about how his accuracy is actually underrated because his receivers dropped a lot of balls. I also hear a lot about his tremendous work ethic and natural leadership abilities which Shanahan will love.

If Shanahan thinks he can be an elite QB then you can't pass on that.

Sounds like Mcnabb... Jk.

I know a few of the skins fans i talk to just pray the skins do not draft Newton

Sounds like Mcnabb... Jk.

I know a few of the skins fans i talk to just pray the skins do not draft Newton

I definitely do not want Cam Newton either. But i would take Newton over Ryan Mallet. I think Mallet is going to be the biggest QB bust in this draft. My top two choices right now are Blaine Gabbert and Jake Locker but there also seems to be a lot of mid to late round QBs with some potential.

Redskins are scoping out the following players at the Senior bowl:

Jake Locker, Shane Schilling, Lance Kendricks, Greg Jones, James Brewer.

Eagles are looking at: Brandon Fusco

Link

What do Skins fans know about good quaterbacks? These are the same fans who thought Colt Brennan and Todd Collins were BETTER than Jason Campbell.

McNabb is the best QB the Skins have had in a very long time though too bad he had his worst season and continued to decline once he joined the team. Name the last rookie QB the Skins drafted and he became successful.

What do Skins fans know about good quaterbacks? These are the same fans who thought Colt Brennan and Todd Collins were BETTER than Jason Campbell.

McNabb is the best QB the Skins have had in a very long time though too bad he had his worst season and continued to decline once he joined the team. Name the last rookie QB the Skins drafted and he became successful.

Doesn't matter since the skins are under new management and coaching. And Todd Collins did severely outplay Campbell, which is why we won 4 games straight to make the playoffs. Brennan was a development project but he showed some flashes.

Doesn't matter since the skins are under new management and coaching. And Todd Collins did severely outplay Campbell, which is why we won 4 games straight to make the playoffs. Brennan was a development project but he showed some flashes.

It does matter because they already look like fools with the McNabb situation. Shanny and Allen gave up a 2nd round pick for McNabb.

Todd Collins was part of Al Saunders system, a system pretty much everyone that played in it said that Campbell would take at least a year to pick it up. Brennan showed flashes against 3rd and 4th quater preseason defenses. And Jason Campbell right now is a better option than anything the Skins have at QB.

Shanahan (99-08)

Chris Miller

Bubby Brister

Gus Frerotte

Brian Griese

Jarious Jackson

Steve Beuerlein

Jake Plummer

Danny Kanell

Bradlee Van Pelt

Jay Cutler

Patrick Ramsey

Kyle Orton had more success under Josh McDaniels than most of those quaterbacks above did under Shanny.

Bruce Allen (04-08):

Brian Griese

Chris Simms

Jake Plummer (Allen traded for him although he retired)

Tim Rattay

Bruce Gradkowsi

Jeff Garcia

Luke McCown

Interesting how Allen failed to find a QB and the year after he was FIRED the Bucs drafted Josh Freeman, who now looks to be their franchise QB they have failed to find many years.

Skins showing a lot of interest in Nevada QB Colin Kaepernick at the Senior Bowl...pretty obvious the skins are looking to draft a QB this year.

System QB, has the potential to be an Alex Smith type where he excells in college but fails when it comes to playing at a higher level.

System QB, has the potential to be an Alex Smith type where he excells in college but fails when it comes to playing at a higher level.

From what i have read the skins have been all over Locker and Kaepernick.

Greg McElroy is a QB to watch in this draft. He could go mid to late in the draft and might have Tom Brady-type potential. He is deadly accurate but arm strength may be an issue.