gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

From Mel Kiper:

“I know [shanahan] had a high opinion of Jake Locker last year,” Kiper said. “There was all that speculation that they would have taken him at No. 4 [overall] had he come out.

ESPN's Mel Kiper says he "knows" Redskins coach Mike Shanahan had a "high opinion" of Washington QB Jake Locker in 2010.

Kiper is not high on Locker, however, and compared him to Kyle Boller. He believes Cam Newton would be a better Redskins pick. Locker's senior-year regression as a passer and shaky Senior Bowl have draftniks like Kiper and FOX Sports' Adam Caplan wondering if he's even worthy of a first-round pick

ESPN's Mel Kiper says he "knows" Redskins coach Mike Shanahan had a "high opinion" of Washington QB Jake Locker in 2010.

Kiper is not high on Locker, however, and compared him to Kyle Boller. He believes Cam Newton would be a better Redskins pick. Locker's senior-year regression as a passer and shaky Senior Bowl have draftniks like Kiper and FOX Sports' Adam Caplan wondering if he's even worthy of a first-round pick

I disagree with Kiper. He also had Jimmy Clausen as a top 10 pick last year. Locker is like Tim Tebow for the fact that he has the intangibles. He has the work ethic, the leadership abilities, hes athletic, he has a big arm but throws the ball better than Tebow and comes from a pro style offense.

:lol: Me too for obvious reasons

Newton is the QB i least want besides Ryan Mallet.

I definetly agree with Newton. Spread option QB's usually don't shine at the next level.

I definetly agree with Newton. Spread option QB's usually don't shine at the next level.

Plus there is something familiar about a first round black Auburn QB...I'd much rather have Blaine Gabbert or Jake Locker. Locker had a good practice yesterday according to DraftCountDown:

"Washington QB Jake Locker looked the best he has all week today, by far. There were still instances in which Locker’s accuracy / placement was just a tad off but for the most part he was throwing darts. On one particular play during 12-on-12’s early in the session, Locker rolled to the left and threw a strike. That was the type of play that keeps scouts salivating about what Locker could potentially be. For his fist two days Locker played at about a B- level but today he was a solid B+, if not an A-."

This is still a very weak draft for QB's IMO.

Its a lot weaker now that Luck went back to school but i just think Locker is the perfect QB for Shanahan to mold and we probably won't have to trade up for him. If they can't trade back or determine that Locker isn't worth the 10th pick then I would love to see them take DE Cameron Jordan or LB Von Miller. One of those two might make it to 10.

Its a lot weaker now that Luck went back to school but i just think Locker is the perfect QB for Shanahan to mold and we probably won't have to trade up for him. If they can't trade back or determine that Locker isn't worth the 10th pick then I would love to see them take DE Cameron Jordan or LB Von Miller. One of those two might make it to 10.

Jordan had elbow surgury I think. That may hurt his stock a little bit

The smartest thing the Skins could do is draft a QB. They finally need to consider getting younger but the problem is, Locker will have such a old team to play with by the time he's ready to be the starter/leader, most of the current team wont be there.

Colin Kaepernick could be an option for the skins 2nd round pick if they go defense in round 1.

For your sake you better hope they get a QB in the 1st round, I'm telling you now Kaepernick isnt going to make that smooth transition into the NFL.

Every time I see this thread title, I LOL, think about Donovan McNabb, LOL a little harder, then move on with my life.

I'm anxious to see how the QBs play in tomorrow's Senior Bowl. I'll be watching Locker and Kaepernick closely.

Most indications show that Locker has looked like a**.

Skins should draft him. :lol:

Most indications show that Locker has looked like a**.

Skins should draft him. :lol:

Yeah i have read that his accuracy has been bad. I forgot to mention Greg McElroy from Alabama. I'll be watching him closely too. As for Locker, he seems to be the type of person with great character and work ethic that will work hard to improve. If they can work on his mechanics and improve his accuracy he might be worth the gamble in the 2nd round.

Yeah i have read that his accuracy has been bad. I forgot to mention Greg McElroy from Alabama. I'll be watching him closely too. As for Locker, he seems to be the type of person with great character and work ethic that will work hard to improve. If they can work on his mechanics and improve his accuracy he might be worth the gamble in the 2nd round.

Locker will probably be better then Kaepernick, I'm telling you that right now.