gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Yeah i have read that his accuracy has been bad. I forgot to mention Greg McElroy from Alabama. I'll be watching him closely too. As for Locker, he seems to be the type of person with great character and work ethic that will work hard to improve. If they can work on his mechanics and improve his accuracy he might be worth the gamble in the 2nd round.

I think it was Caplan who was sort of saying that Locker might already be at his ceiling. He's got great physical skills and great football IQ, but he's still not accurate. I guess he figures with the first two traits, he should already be a more accurate passer.

Senior Bowl update:

Extremely disappointing so far for all the QBs except for maybe Ponder. The north has been dominated, Locker only got 3 pass attempts. Stanzi and Kaepernick had a few more attempts for the North but have looked bad so far.

For the south, Christian Ponder has looked good but he horribly underthrew a deep ball. McElroy was decent, nothing really special from him. Dalton wasn't that great...he had a receiver running wide open deep for a TD and underthrew the ball which allowed the defender to catch up and break up the pass.

Kaepernick has looked like total crap so far. He is getting the snap and trying to run right away.

:lol: Which is why I said I doubt he makes that smooth transition to an NFL QB.

:lol: Which is why I said I doubt he makes that smooth transition to an NFL QB.

A perfect example just happened. Third and goal on about the 10 yard line. Kaepernick in the shotgun, takes the snap, he has room to step up in the pocket but instead he rolls out to his right, almost right into a rusher and cuts the field in half for himself. He ran out of bounds and the north had to settle for a field goal. He should have stepped up in the pocket and let the play develop.

A perfect example just happened. Third and goal on about the 10 yard line. Kaepernick in the shotgun, takes the snap, he has room to step up in the pocket but instead he rolls out to his right, almost right into a rusher and cuts the field in half for himself. He ran out of bounds and the north had to settle for a field goal. He should have stepped up in the pocket and let the play develop.

That's not his style and something he's gonna have to learn...he's gonna be a project QB that's for damn sure.

University of Washington QB Jake Locker was unimpressive in Saturday afternoon's Senior Bowl.

Although he completed 6-of-10 passes for 98 yards, he fumbled twice while taking multiple sacks. NFL Network commentators Mike Mayock and Charles Davis also routinely questioned his footwork. There's no question he has NFL-level athleticism, but his accuracy and mechanics are looking like they will prevent him from going in the first two rounds of this spring's draft.

Looks like both qbs sucked today.

University of Washington QB Jake Locker was unimpressive in Saturday afternoon's Senior Bowl.

Although he completed 6-of-10 passes for 98 yards, he fumbled twice while taking multiple sacks. NFL Network commentators Mike Mayock and Charles Davis also routinely questioned his footwork. There's no question he has NFL-level athleticism, but his accuracy and mechanics are looking like they will prevent him from going in the first two rounds of this spring's draft.

Looks like both qbs sucked today.

Ponder certainly didn't hurt his stock, and while Kaepernick wasn't great, he still seemed like one of the better senior QBs.

after watching today, i will reiterate:

It seems like no one is separating themselves from the pack. Although the consensus seems to be that Gabbert is the best QB in the draft and he and Mallet couldn't play today. I still like Locker but it looks like hes knocked himself out of first round consideration.

DeAngelo Hall was named Pro Bowl MVP.

QFT

:P

Yup starting the off season with a bang

Orkapo lead the team with tackles

Fletcher had an Int

and Hall was MVP

What's funny is all the excuses everyone is making for the AFC QBs.

QFT

:P

Yup starting the off season with a bang

Orkapo lead the team with tackles

Fletcher had an Int

and Hall was MVP

What's funny is all the excuses everyone is making for the AFC QBs.

:blink: Mean there's people making excuses about performances at the pro bowl?

:blink: Mean there's people making excuses about performances at the pro bowl?

Its actually pretty funny reading some of the comments from the media outlets. I guess they hate the redskins soo much having Hall win the MVP means the AFC just didn't want to play.

But if Vick won the MVP, then I would guess everyone would believe it was an amazing blowout by the NFC.

Haters gonna hate I guess.....

What I found interesting is the fact that hall was playing for the falcons coaching staff. The same coaching staff he had a fight with last season.

Its actually pretty funny reading some of the comments from the media outlets. I guess they hate the redskins soo much having Hall win the MVP means the AFC just didn't want to play.

But if Vick won the MVP, then I would guess everyone would believe it was an amazing blowout by the NFC.

Haters gonna hate I guess.....

What I found interesting is the fact that hall was playing for the falcons coaching staff. The same coaching staff he had a fight with last season.

Don't know why, it's the friggin' Pro Bowl...nobody really cares about the pro bowl.

Whats funny is the only redskin that really made it was Hall. Orakpo and Fletcher were there since so many people droped out.

Its the probowl... He plays hard in meaningless games. Kinda funny.

Hall plays hard every week, but hes a gambler who will get burned sometimes. But when he is on he makes big plays. Without his 4 picks, we don't beat the Bears and without his fumble recovery for TD we probably don't beat Dallas either.

Hall plays hard every week, but hes a gambler who will get burned sometimes. But when he is on he makes big plays. Without his 4 picks, we don't beat the Bears and without his fumble recovery for TD we probably don't beat Dallas either.

He gets burned a lot. Like I have said many times. Once he gets one TO his ego gets huge and he thinks he can do anything and gets beat a lot. Just look back to the Tampa game. He caused the fumble then got beat on a ton of plays for being out of posistion and trying to make a play that isnt there.

That's the problem he goes for that highlight play just about all the time. Reminds me of Michael Lewis and his wanna be highlight hits. End up hurting himself and the team.

My 2-round redskins mock for ****s and giggles. I'm thinking about doing a full 2 round mock and putting it in the mock drafts section. I pretty much already have an idea of where i think players will go.

1: DE Cameron Jordan

2: QB Jake Locker