gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Shaun Rogers has a confirmed visit with the redskins tomorrow. He would be a good veteran replacement for Kemo, who just has nothing left in the tank at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if the skins sign Rogers and still spend a 1st or 2nd round pick on a NT.

So if they get rid of Kemo, hold on to Haynesworth and sign Rogers you'll be left with 2 fat, unmotivated DTs to play the nose. Good plan.

If you spend a first round pick on a NT rather then a QB then they are stupid as hell.

If they are stupid then they will spend a 1st round pick on a QB just to spend a first round pick on a QB. You only spend it on a guy who you are convinced can be a franchise QB otherwise you end up with a bust and a waste of a top 10 pick. If they dont like any QBs, take another position.

So if they get rid of Kemo, hold on to Haynesworth and sign Rogers you'll be left with 2 fat, unmotivated DTs to play the nose. Good plan.

Haynesworth is definitely gone. It could be Rogers, Bryant, and a rookie.

The Redskins with another soon to be awful personnel move. That FO absolutely blows.

It doesn't matter if he's another Haynesworth (which he does lay down on plays too), if a player has a big name, danny boy starts salivating to sign them

Haynesworth is definitely gone. It could be Rogers, Bryant, and a rookie.

That's the key if you ever hope to turn things around. Stop trying to sign every "name" (yet poor-fit) FA and/or trading away picks for past- their-prime veterans and build the team through the draft.

That's the key if you ever hope to turn things around. Stop trying to sign every "name" (yet poor-fit) FA and/or trading away picks for past- their-prime veterans and build the team through the draft.

DITTO.....I figured if he had anything left in the tank then Ryan would have been calling him, so that tells me a lot there.

DITTO.....I figured if he had anything left in the tank then Ryan would have been calling him, so that tells me a lot there.

He'll be 32 in March, is listed at 350lbs (but looks fatter), has missed 6 games and hasn't really done ish the past 2 years. He's just another "name" but isn't close to the player he was 3-4 years ago.

I like the idea of signing free agents to fill needs and drafting best player available when the draft rolls around.

From what i have read Dallas has interest in him as well.

Madden can be so stupid sometimes. I drafted a 260 lb outside linebacker for my 3-4 and he turned out to be about 70 overall with a C potential. He was a 4th round pick. But when I moved him to strong safety he became 84 overall with a B potential. So i now have a 260 lb strong safety.

The heights and weights of draftable players need to be completely re-done.

Sounds like he was likely a high SPD, low STR LB who wasn't even suited to the 3-4. Scouting likely would have shown you that he probably had a STR rating below 70 (not ideal for a LB), and a SPD rating above 86.

If you want, move him back to LB, he should stay B potential now though. That's a good way to break Potential limits. If you can swap a player to another position where his OVR will go up, his potential can also go up. Moving him back to his original position will lower his OVR again, but Potential doesn't reduce.

I've turned countless B potential players in A potential players like this. 3-4 DE to DT will usually boost. FS to SS or vice versa can cause a boost. RB to WR, or TE to WR can cause it as well. LB to DE is an easy one too (though I swear, they might have patched it, because the last few OLB's I've moved to DE to try to exploit this barely increase in OVR now).

I like the idea of signing free agents to fill needs and drafting best player available when the draft rolls around.

From what i have read Dallas has interest in him as well.

Actually skinsfan, I've heard that too, it doesn't excite me much watching his last couple of years, plus he's a crapshoot off field, potential problems there at any time. I would hate it if they signed Kenyon for depth though.

March court date for Albert Haynesworth

Associated Press

RESTON, Va. -- Washington Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth has been formally charged with misdemeanor assault stemming from a road rage encounter.

Fairfax County police say the 29-year-old Haynesworth and his attorney appeared at a police station Saturday morning. Haynesworth signed a summons warrant charging him with assault and left.

He's scheduled to appear in court on March 31.

Police say a 38-year-old man told investigators he was assaulted by the driver of a pickup truck who was tailgating him on Feb. 2. The driver was later identified as Haynesworth.

Simple assault is punishable in Virginia by not more than a year in jail and a fine of $2,500 or less.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6115763

Just kidding from what I have read he wasnt really involved.

What happened with Rogers?

Apparently Banks' friend was stabbed at a nightclub and when he went to his friends aid he was also stabbed. He wasn't charged with a crime but he needs to wise up and stay out of the nightclubs at 3 am. Rogers came for a visit and then left without a contract offer.

Brandon Banks was stabbed last night at a nightclub but he will be fine. And Haynesworth's time with the skins is coming to an end.

You can make them millionaires but they still can't shed the ghetto in them, it always draws them back down

You can make them millionaires but they still can't shed the ghetto in them, it always draws them back down

Just like Sean Taylor. Sad but true.

And word on if you guys will resign Carlos Rogers? If he could catch he would be a pretty good CB

No chance he re-signs with the skins. Hes said to want top corner money and he wont get it because he can't catch.

Just like Sean Taylor. Sad but true.

Or Michael Vick.

No chance he re-signs with the skins. Hes said to want top corner money and he wont get it because he can't catch.

Or Michael Vick.

Or Pac man jones, Shaun rogers, burris, the list goes on.

Or Pac man jones, Shaun rogers, burris, the list goes on.

Yup, regardless of the money most of the ones mentioned will be bankrupt within a couple of years after their careers end