gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

You guys would have room to talk...had the Eagles actually won something with their approach.

Since 2000:

Eagles:

6 NFC East titles

9 trips to the playoffs

5 NFCCGs

1 trip to the Superbowl

Redskins:

2 playoff appearances

If you can't see that the Eagles have been more successful with their approach than there's no hope for you.

Since 2000:

Eagles:

6 NFC East titles

9 trips to the playoffs

5 NFCCGs1 trip to the Superbowl

Redskins:

2 playoff appearances

If you can't see that the Eagles have been more successful with their approach than there's no hope for you.

:thumbsdown:

For the Brown trade the skins gave up a 3rd round pick for Brown and a 5th, so thats not a whole lot to give up for a decent/good starting RT. However, if they don't re-sign him then the trade won't be as good.

Impending free agent Santana Moss suggested on PFT Live Friday that his preference is to re-sign with the Redskins this offseason.

"My mind is nowhere outside of Washington," Moss assured. "That's where I want to be when it's all said and done." It's good news for the Redskins that Moss isn't even thinking about other teams, but he conceded that a new deal will have to wait for the labor situation to be finalized. The Redskins still need to find a true No. 1 receiver to pair with Moss.

Why are you laughing? Since 2000:

Cowboys:

0 NFFCG

0 trips to the Superbowl

Here come the "5 Rings!" because it's still relevant. :thumbsdown:

Impending free agent Santana Moss suggested on PFT Live Friday that his preference is to re-sign with the Redskins this offseason.

"My mind is nowhere outside of Washington," Moss assured. "That's where I want to be when it's all said and done." It's good news for the Redskins that Moss isn't even thinking about other teams, but he conceded that a new deal will have to wait for the labor situation to be finalized. The Redskins still need to find a true No. 1 receiver to pair with Moss.

I truly hope they land Ochocinco so we can all hear about how the Skins are headed to the Superbowl with the duo of Ocho and Moss.

I truly hope they land Ochocinco so we can all hear about how the Skins are headed to the Superbowl with the duo of Ocho and Moss.

Yep, it would make all my skins friends/family members say "12-4!!! We're going to the superbowlzzzz!!!" YET AGAIN.

I don't know where you guys hear this stuff, but its definitely not from me.

I don't know where you guys hear this stuff, but its definitely not from me.

We know your one of the better Skins fans as far as not making ridiculous predictions, but there's a lot of others out there who always think that one player will instantly turn them into a SuperBowl contender. It's not just the Skins every team has fans like that. Venture into TATE if you dare to read some of the nonsense in there.

We know your one of the better Skins fans as far as not making ridiculous predictions, but there's a lot of others out there who always think that one player will instantly turn them into a SuperBowl contender. It's not just the Skins every team has fans like that. Venture into TATE if you dare to read some of the nonsense in there.

Yes, every team has fans like that. But the skins are whole different breed of fan. The are GREAT skins fans, but if they do not play fantasy football, they typically can not name more than two players on any other team in the league. That includes NFC East opponents. I've lived in, or spent extended periods of time in several NFL cities, and the skins fan are definitely unique in that regard.

Yes, every team has fans like that. But the skins are whole different breed of fan. The are GREAT skins fans, but if they do not play fantasy football, they typically can not name more than two players on any other team in the league. That includes NFC East opponents. I've lived in, or spent extended periods of time in several NFL cities, and the skins fan are definitely unique in that regard.

It goes both ways, i typically know a lot more about the Eagles then Eagles fans i meet. Same goes for the Giants and Cowboys.

RedskinsFan01, you listen to the Sports Junkies? I recently moved down to the DC area and during the summer they were going crazy about how good the skins were going to be. The people who call in have the rose colored glasses on big time too. It was almost comical this year. After the week 1 Dallas win, callers were talking about getting a bye in the playoffs. I couldn't believe it. Talking to coworkers, they say its the same thing every year in terms of the ridiculous expectations. My roommate is a big skins fan and he is fairly realistic, but I have to say I have met more unrealistic fans than realistic down here.

RedskinsFan01, you listen to the Sports Junkies? I recently moved down to the DC area and during the summer they were going crazy about how good the skins were going to be. The people who call in have the rose colored glasses on big time too. It was almost comical this year. After the week 1 Dallas win, callers were talking about getting a bye in the playoffs. I couldn't believe it. Talking to coworkers, they say its the same thing every year in terms of the ridiculous expectations. My roommate is a big skins fan and he is fairly realistic, but I have to say I have met more unrealistic fans than realistic down here.

True...while Skins fans talk super bowl with every overpaid FA signing, I just want to see the Boys make the playoffs again....Can't make the super bowl the playoffs first so have to take baby steps to get there.

That's what idiot skins say every freakin year - 12-4!!!! We're going to the SuperBowlZzzzzzzzz!!!!

All it takes is for 'lil Danny to sign a big name FA, or new coach, and the suckers are singing the same tune the next year.

Best fanbase if you are an NFL owner, worst fanbase as fans of the NFL. They are an embarrassment, and they don't even know it. That's what makes it sooooooo funny.

"Get em!"

I have before but i really don't listen to the radio that much.

Yea, I always do on my commute. The junkies are entertaining but their sports knowledge leaves something to be desired. To be fair, Philly morning sports radio isn't a model in rational thought either.

It goes both ways, i typically know a lot more about the Eagles then Eagles fans i meet. Same goes for the Giants and Cowboys.

TRUST me on this. Most Eagles and Giants fans I interact with can name many players on the other teams in the NFC East. I'll admit that the vast majority of Dallas fans I interact with play fantasy football, so my experiences with them are no reflection on the average fan. But my in-laws, friends, neighbors,etc... who are skins fans, and who do NOT play fantasy football are nearly illiterate with respect to every other team in the NFL, and obscenely lacking with respect to other NFC East teams.

That's why I can confidently claim that skins fans are fantastic Redskins fans, but absolutely PATHETIC NFL fans.

Yea, I always do on my commute. The junkies are entertaining but their sports knowledge leaves something to be desired. To be fair, Philly morning sports radio isn't a model in rational thought either.

610 is a joke. I don't know too many who hold it in such high regard.

Free agent FS O.J. Atogwe is scheduled to visit with the Redskins on Monday.

Atogwe's agent has been talking to "a few teams." The Bills are reported to have interest, and Atogwe isn't ruling out a return to St. Louis. Redskins defensive coordinator Jim Haslett coached Atogwe from 2006-2008, so the two know each other well. Daniel Snyder's team was also the first to meet with Shaun Rogers last week. It's business as usual this offseason for the free agent-loving 'Skins.

Unlike others, I didn't want him on the Eagles. He's not that good.

Unlike others, I didn't want him on the Eagles. He's not that good.

I think he would be a good signing for the skins. He is a playmaker who creates a lot of turnovers and we have a huge need at free safety. And its funny how Rotoworld knocks the skins saying its "business as usual" for the skins. So now we get blasted for just visiting with free agents? The ability to have free agents visit you first before other teams seems like a big advantage to me.

I think he would be a good signing for the skins. He is a playmaker who creates a lot of turnovers and we have a huge need at free safety. And its funny how Rotoworld knocks the skins saying its "business as usual" for the skins. So now we get blasted for just visiting with free agents? The ability to have free agents visit you first before other teams seems like a big advantage to me.

The only reason they want to go to the skins because of Big al. you get a contract that you are not worth and you are set for life. Kinda like Oakland. Players go there and pretty much die.

Name a player that has struggled went to the skins and then revameped there career. No one.

The only reason they want to go to the skins because of Big al. you get a contract that you are not worth and you are set for life. Kinda like Oakland. Players go there and pretty much die.

Name a player that has struggled went to the skins and then revameped there career. No one.

I understand this reasoning but the skins are under new management now. So far Allen and Shanahan haven't given big money to anyone. Unless you count McNabb's extension but its very likely he will never see a dime of that money.

I understand this reasoning but the skins are under new management now. So far Allen and Shanahan haven't given big money to anyone. Unless you count McNabb's extension but its very likely he will never see a dime of that money.

Players dont know that. They still see who the owner is and want to cash in. You can get mad all you want about people writing that about the skins but its facts.

Skins thought they were cute annoucing mcnabbs deal on the MNF game, even though it had been done for a while. And we all knew what happened after that.

Then the real facts about the contract came out and if they are true it makes Mcnabbs agent look like a **** for letting him sign the contract.

But Shanny also looks like a tool for how he handled the Mcnabb situation.