gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Looks like from the people on extremeskins they may be working out a deal with Atogwe.

maybe they'll make him the new all-time highest paid S like they did with archuleta.

maybe they'll make him the new all-time highest paid S like they did with archuleta.

I doubt it, but it sounds like theres a decent chance he could be under contract with the skins tomorrow.

I guess the money is higher on his priority list than winning..so with that being obvious he went to the right team..better to find out now than later.

I guess the money is higher on his priority list than winning..so with that being obvious he went to the right team..better to find out now than later.

:thumbsdown: sounds like someone is bitter he didn't choose the cowboys...good luck with Alan Ball next season.

But seriously, lets wait to see if he actually signs and if he does, for how much.

610 is a joke. I don't know too many who hold it in such high regard.

Yeah I don't really hold it in high regard, but the 610 morning show is full of more realistic knowledge than the Junkies on 106.7 The Fan down here in Washington. That's what I was mainly getting at. Ever listen to "the junks". They are entertaining and funny, but are suckers for the big names. Their football knowledge is straight from sportcenter. Basically they build up big time hype every year after the Skins signs their overrated FAs and then by mid season call the team a bunch of "donks". Rinse and repeat annually.

He hasnt even talked to the skins yet..

Apparently Atogwe and the skins have been talking throughout the day. Hes scheduled to arrive at Redskins Park tonight, spend the night, take a physical in the morning and talk to redskins coaches tomorrow. The skins are also said to be very interested in signing him and contract numbers have been discussed.

It makes sense. He played under Hasslet. But if he signs please to not say superbowl. I know AJ still lurkes around here.

It makes sense. He played under Hasslet. But if he signs please to not say superbowl. I know AJ still lurkes around here.

The skins are basically rebuilding right now. Atogwe does fill a major need at free safety though. If they sign Atogwe they still have needs at DE, NT, ILB, OLB, CB, T, G, C, QB, RB, WR. Although im assuming that no young players on the roster will step up and become starting caliber players. This is also assuming they aren't able to re-sign guys like Rocky, Carlos, and Brown. There are a few prospects who could fill these needs in-house so its not quite as grim as it looks. QB is obviously is the biggest one.

The skins top 3 needs:

1. Quarterback

2. Nose tackle

3. Outside linebacker

If the Skins sign Atogwe they still have a major need at FS. He's not really that good. People are overhyping him because of his numbers a few years ago. He's not a bad player, but right now he's just a guy.

The Skins are missing some picks though because of the McNabb and Charles traded last year. They will most certainly take a QB with the first round pick, although I wouldn't be surprised if they drafted Julio Jones either or AJ Green.

I personally hope they do draft a QB, because I don't like any QBs in the draft this year once Luck left.

I would love to get a guy like AJ Green but there is no way he falls to the skins. I say trade down and if Shanny doesn't like any QBs in this years draft dont take one. Wait and draft a QB next year. Do whatever it takes to get Andrew Luck.

I bet Dixon would have been a good NT for the skins. has the size. Glad they released him.

If I remember correctly, we were going to sign Dixon to our practice squad and the Eagles claimed him off of waivers.

him and big al would have been good at DT together. I dont know who your other DT was but i am sure dixon is better

I doubt it, but it sounds like theres a decent chance he could be under contract with the skins tomorrow.

This is a good move for the Skins, really. Where do you move Landry? SS?

This is a good move for the Skins, really. Where do you move Landry? SS?

Landry was SS last season. That is what he is SS, he failed badly when he tryed to play FS

Landry was SS last season. That is what he is SS, he failed badly when he tryed to play FS

I'm not sure why I thought he was a FS...

I'm not sure why I thought he was a FS...

Once Taylor died I believe they switched him to FS, I know he played a ton in the box this year. He has the speed to play FS but he sucks in coverage for the most part.

Once Taylor died I believe they switched him to FS, I know he played a ton in the box this year. He has the speed to play FS but he sucks in coverage for the most part.

Yeah he does :thumbsdown:

Looks like from the people on extremeskins they may be working out a deal with Atogwe.

Those fools know nothing. They spew the speculation they hear from callers into the local sports radio stations. Snyder owns that message board. All you have to do to get banned on there is to say one less than glowing post about the skins. You don't even need to be 100% negative. The place is a joke and omnly glowing statements about the skins are allowed.

I'm sure the post you saw included how it would be a great pickup by the skins. It's the only way it would have stayed on that POS MB.

Those fools know nothing. They spew the speculation they hear from callers into the local sports radio stations. Snyder owns that message board. All you have to do to get banned on there is to say one less than glowing post about the skins. You don't even need to be 100% negative. The place is a joke and omnly glowing statements about the skins are allowed.

I'm sure the post you saw included how it would be a great pickup by the skins. It's the only way it would have stayed on that POS MB.

Actually some fans were not for the move lol.

Actually some fans were not for the move lol.

They must have over 10K posts then. No way can you say anything the slightest bit negative with less than 1K posts and expect to stay on that POS MB.

Once Taylor was killed in 2007 we were left without a true free safety on the roster. Reed Doughty took over at free safety for the rest of the year because Landry was a rookie and they didn't want to blow his mind with a position switch mid-season. In 2008 Landry moved to free safety and played there for 2 years. It was looking more and more like he was going to bust after a good rookie season. Then Haslett moved him back to strong safety last year and he played really well.

He can't cover receivers one on one but he is pretty good at covering tight ends, good tackler, and he is always around the ball...you can't really ask much more of a strong safety.

Once Taylor was killed in 2007 we were left without a true free safety on the roster. Reed Doughty took over at free safety for the rest of the year because Landry was a rookie and they didn't want to blow his mind with a position switch mid-season. In 2008 Landry moved to free safety and played there for 2 years. It was looking more and more like he was going to bust after a good rookie season. Then Haslett moved him back to strong safety last year and he played really well.

He can't cover receivers one on one but he is pretty good at covering tight ends, good tackler, and he is always around the ball...you can't really ask much more of a strong safety.

No. Which is why I said he sucked in coverage like most SS do. He is fast enough to play FS he just doesnt have the skill set to do so.