gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Once Taylor was killed in 2007 we were left without a true free safety on the roster. Reed Doughty took over at free safety for the rest of the year because Landry was a rookie and they didn't want to blow his mind with a position switch mid-season. In 2008 Landry moved to free safety and played there for 2 years. It was looking more and more like he was going to bust after a good rookie season. Then Haslett moved him back to strong safety last year and he played really well.

He can't cover receivers one on one but he is pretty good at covering tight ends, good tackler, and he is always around the ball...you can't really ask much more of a strong safety.

Adrian Wilson, Troy Polamalu and Eric Berry would all disagree.

Atogwe left Redskins Park without a contract today. It sounds like the redskins really want him and possibly have made him an offer already, but he wants to test the market.

Atogwe left Redskins Park without a contract today. It sounds like the redskins really want him and possibly have made him an offer already, but he wants to test the market.

Washington does need a safety to help them solidify their last place finish in 2011...get it done!!!!

Washington does need a safety to help them solidify their last place finish in 2011...get it done!!!!

Kareem Moore was awful at free safety last year. He gave up a ton of big plays and is the worst tackler i have ever seen in the NFL. Atogwe is a big upgrade for our defense. He would be filling a big need for us.

Kareem Moore was awful at free safety last year. He gave up a ton of big plays and is the worst tackler i have ever seen in the NFL. Atogwe is a big upgrade for our defense. He would be filling a big need for us.

agree, but the Skins have plenty of holes/question marks for even their more optimistic fans to think they won't do better than last place again...

agree, but the Skins have plenty of holes/question marks for even their more optimistic fans to think they won't do better than last place again...

Especially since their QB is Sexy Rexy....:thumbsdown::o

Especially since their QB is Sexy Rexy....:thumbsdown::o

If their plan is for Grossman to be the unchallenged starter next year then Shanahan has completely lost his mind.

Skins will almost certainly finish in 4th place again next year. I'm all for any signing that fills a hole and doesn't take away a draft pick. I like Jake Locker in the 2nd but im all for not drafting a QB this year, taking best player available, and doing whatever it takes to get Andrew Luck next year.

This might be the one year where i actually hope the skins end up with the #1 pick.

Skins will almost certainly finish in 4th place again next year. I'm all for any signing that fills a hole and doesn't take away a draft pick. I like Jake Locker in the 2nd but im all for not drafting a QB this year, taking best player available, and doing whatever it takes to get Andrew Luck next year.

This might be the one year where i actually hope the skins end up with the #1 pick.

Since nothing really ever works out for the Redskins, I fully expect them to draft 3rd next year....

:thumbsdown:

If their plan is for Grossman to be the unchallenged starter next year then Shanahan has completely lost his mind.

Kyle Shanny is 'enamored' with Rex Grossman. Apparently he didn't want McNabb but instead Grossman.

:thumbsdown::o

Landry gave up a 88 yard td pass. Just sayin

Landry covering a receiver one on one, especially one with Jackson's speed is a mismatch for any strong safety in the league.

Landry covering a receiver one on one, especially one with Jackson's speed is a mismatch for any strong safety in the league.

If you watch the play Landry was with him, just took a bad angle. I dont know why Dhall would release him to Landry knowing how fast djax is

If you watch the play Landry was with him, just took a bad angle. I dont know why Dhall would release him to Landry knowing how fast djax is

He turned and started running up field when Jackson was still 10 yards behind him :thumbsdown:

I have no idea. Definitely some sort of miscommunication or busted coverage.

or him acting like a tough guy pre game.

Skins are reportedly checking out offensive tackle Tyron Smith at the combine. It has also been reported that the skins will not use the franchise tag on Santana Moss. Its doubtful the skins will use the tag at all this off-season.

landry had no chance at the play. Yeah he took a bad angle as soon as D jax got off the line of scrimmage he should have turned around and started sprinting to the end zone. DeSean burned the ish out of him.

Skins are reportedly checking out offensive tackle Tyron Smith at the combine. It has also been reported that the skins will not use the franchise tag on Santana Moss. Its doubtful the skins will use the tag at all this off-season.

why the F would they franchise moss? are they issuing press releases about all the other declining, 3rd tier players on the roster?

why the F would they franchise moss? are they issuing press releases about all the other declining, 3rd tier players on the roster?

:thumbsdown:

That was from twitter...so no press releases. And Moss is coming off of one of his best seasons.

That was from twitter...so no press releases. And Moss is coming off of one of his best seasons.

IF THEY DID THAT........................................................

Moves like that explain why the Redskins have been 1 of the worst run organizations in the NFL. Can you imagine tagging a 32 year old #2 WR ?????????????????

Geez,,,,,,and fans can't understand why 1 of the former great organizations have like 6 winning seasons in 20 years. Tagging him or not,, they are a mess. What a shame.

IF THEY DID THAT........................................................

Moves like that explain why the Redskins have been 1 of the worst run organizations in the NFL. Can you imagine tagging a 32 year old #2 WR ?????????????????

Geez,,,,,,and fans can't understand why 1 of the former great organizations have like 6 winning seasons in 20 years. Tagging him or not,, they are a mess. What a shame.

They are a mess for doing what you think is the right thing and not tagging Moss?