gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

They are a mess for doing what you think is the right thing and not tagging Moss?

For it to be a plausible scenario for the Redskins to entertain, and then to have to report on it, is what makes them a mess.

It's like an announcement coming out saying the Eagles are not going to franchise Jason Avant.

For it to be a plausible scenario for the Redskins to entertain, and then to have to report on it, is what makes them a mess.

It's like an announcement coming out saying the Eagles are not going to franchise Jason Avant.

Well the way i figured it was that a reporter asked Shanahan if they would franchise Moss or another player and he said no. The tweet was:

"Don't know if this has been reported or not, but as of this moment, #Redskins are not expected to tag Santana Moss."

Skins are reportedly checking out offensive tackle Tyron Smith at the combine. It has also been reported that the skins will not use the franchise tag on Santana Moss. Its doubtful the skins will use the tag at all this off-season.

It would make no sense to franchise Moss. He's going to be 32 years old this year and clearly isn't part of any long-term plans for a team that clearly wants to go young. No reason to keep him around.

Well the way i figured it was that a reporter asked Shanahan if they would franchise Moss or another player and he said no. The tweet was:

"Don't know if this has been reported or not, but as of this moment, #Redskins are not expected to tag Santana Moss."

Maybe. That's probably it. But, you never know with the Skins.

:thumbsdown:

:thumbsdown: @ Portis still considering himself an elite RB, everyone knows he's not elite anymore...well maybe except for the guy who started this thread anyways.

:thumbsdown: @ Portis still considering himself an elite RB, everyone knows he's not elite anymore...well maybe except for the guy who started this thread anyways.

Portis was done before this past year. He's only 29, but there is alot of mileage on him. No reason for the Skins to keep him around.

Portis was done before this past year. He's only 29, but there is alot of mileage on him. No reason for the Skins to keep him around.

Yep. 2200 career carries. He might get picked up just to see what he has left, but I doubt he'll be kept.

Portis is definitely not worth his salary but when he was healthy last year he ran surprisingly well and averaged a little over 4 yards a carry behind a below average line. I would love to re-sign him if he took a paycut and let him compete for snaps. But i think Shanahan is trying to go young in a lot of areas right now.

Yep. 2200 career carries. He might get picked up just to see what he has left, but I doubt he'll be kept.

The problem with that is the only team who would do it would be the redskins. See Portis, "fast" Willie Parker, Larry Johnson trio from last year.

:thumbsdown:

The skins met with QB Cam Newton at the combine in Indianapolis.

I would LOVE to see them take him with their first pick.

I will fall off the couch laughing if that happens.

Please, please, PLEASE, PLEASE!!! Dan Snyder, take Cam Newton. Prettym pretty, pretty please.

Even better would be to trade up in the draft to get him.

I'm definitely not a Cam Newton fan. And he won't make it past the Bengals in the first round. I'd rather take a guy like Christian Ponder or Greg McElroy later in the draft. I'm also a Jake Locker fan.

Skins released Clinton Portis. Ryan Torain is the favorite to start this year.

What's your over/under on the number of games he actually plays in this year? Eagles fans hated to hear about it, but with a fragile guy in westbrook, the backup position was pretty damn important. I suspect the same is true for RB in DC

What's your over/under on the number of games he actually plays in this year? Eagles fans hated to hear about it, but with a fragile guy in westbrook, the backup position was pretty damn important. I suspect the same is true for RB in DC

Maybe 12 out of 16...he was pretty good when healthy but he gets banged up a lot. They still have James Davis who i think is a pretty intriguing prospect. They could sign or draft another RB too.

Portis hasn't been right for years. Skins won't really be missing much. But they might want to go

RB early on. Or see if they can sign somebody like Deangelo Williams if he is available.

Portis said he is looking forward to a team with no drama. Now I dont like the skins but seriously? A guy who brought a ton of drama to washington doesnt like it?

I think that today Shanny said he's going to keep Haynesworth this year. lol

I think that today Shanny said he's going to keep Haynesworth this year. lol

You never know with Shanny, he could keep Haynesworth inactive all year out of spite. And the skins cut Derrick Dockery today, decent starting guard but a poor fit for the zone blocking scheme. Andre Carter was also released today. The skins are cleaning house.