gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Who is going to trade for that contract? The only time you hear McNabb not being passive aggressive is when money is on the line. Expect McNabb to make several public statements about wanting to be released.

A team trades for him based on the condition that he re-structures his deal.

Derrick Dockery Talks McNabb, Shanahan In His Farewell Interview with 106.7 THE FAN

by Kevin Ewoldt on Mar 5, 2011 6:54 PM EST in Redskins Analysis

Dockery, the all-class Redskin he is, doesn't take a bite out of the Redskins even after being benched and cut.

If you had to name the top five classiest Redskins on last year's team, most fans' lists would include some variation of: Fletcher, Haynesworth, Dockery, McNabb, Andre Carter, Reed Doughty, and Santana Moss. Dockery, who was drafted by the Redskins in the 3rd round of the 2003 draft, was brought back to DC from Buffalo and was heralded as the savior to an extemely sub-par offensive line. Things of course did not work out under Shanahan's expert tutelage, which no doubt frustrated the Dallas native. Dock, the Pro he is, maintained self-blame. An interesting nugget in this interview is when Dock said he never once thought McNabb didn't know how to run this offense. Dock of course was only in the huddle the first 2 weeks of the season, so to think McNabb understood it LESS as the season went on....well... here's my thoughts on Shanny regarding that.

Dock was on 106.7 THE FAN's Lavar & Dukes show last week, and the first question he was asked was how he took the benching.

Dockery: I take personal responsibility for my own play. Coach felt I wasn't playing at a certain level so he went with Kory. I wanted to respect Coach. He did what he felt was best for the team. I waited from there and just wanted to be a class act and help my teammates. I could see this coming. I'm a competitor and work very hard. Coach thought I wasn't playing the way I was suppose to be playing.

Lavar: We all watch the games. Guys are running right by Kory. You watch film. He's not as good as Dockery. It's easy to see.

Dockery: You can take several perspectives. It is what it is. I'm disappointed I couldn't solidy this OLine like I wanted to.

Lavar: You find it strange that people are staying on this team that add very little? Shanahan keeping guys around...

Dockery: You always want coaches that have their guys. If you're playing at a high level you can overcome it but I wasn't playing at that level. Coaches will always have those guys. I wish him and that organization the best. I'm fortunate to have that opportunity.

Lavar: The McNabb benching. Is there validity that Donovan was calling the wrong plays or didn't understand the offense?

Dockery: When I was in the huddle that never happened on my watch. After that I couldn't say. He's a very hard worker. Every person has their ups and downs through the season and it's about working through them. I was excited to have him on my team. He's very focused and can be that guy that leads us where we have to go. I'm disappointed for him and myself what we went though. Coach felt he needed to make a change.

Dockery's home is in DC and he said he plans to keep living in DC when his career over. You'll always get love, and I've inked you in to the list of high quality players that the Redskins somehow are unable to use productively. Thanks for everything Dock.

link to story

If you had to name the top five classiest Redskins on last year's team, most fans' lists would include some variation of: Fletcher, Haynesworth, Dockery, McNabb, Andre Carter, Reed Doughty, and Santana Moss.

Is this guy on crack?

Now be fair, he has made huge strides. He didn't stomp on the helmet of a single Cowboys player this past year.

A team trades for him based on the condition that he re-structures his deal.

And just like teams contacting the skins to trade for Haynesworth, the skins greatly overvalue their bargaining chips. Get a 6th rounder and jump for joy at getting anything. But instead, I'm sure the skins are asking for a 3rd rounder this year and something else next year.

I stopped reading that article right at this point ...

If you had to name the top five classiest Redskins on last year's team, most fans' lists would include some variation of: Fletcher, Haynesworth
:thumbsdown:

Yeah, the rest was wasted on me, because this premise was too idiotic to continue. Fletcher? Hell yea - Total class act. Haynesworth? WTF?!?!?!!??! You are dead to me Kevin Ewoldt

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that "at least" three NFL teams are considering a trade for Kevin Kolb.

The 49ers, Cardinals, Titans, and Redskins are among the most likely suitors for Kolb, and Schefter confirms that "every NFC West team except St. Louis" should be in the mix. If a CBA is struck before the draft, it sounds like the Eagles are going to have more than enough suitors to drive up Kolb's price tag. It's very conceivable that they could end up with a top-ten pick.

http://rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/201536/...ting-kolb-trade

My question to Skins fans: Would you be happy with Kolb? More than likely you'd have to part with your first round pick. I can't see the Skins being patient enough to groom a young guy so Kolb would be a good option since he's ready to go.

And just like teams contacting the skins to trade for Haynesworth, the skins greatly overvalue their bargaining chips. Get a 6th rounder and jump for joy at getting anything. But instead, I'm sure the skins are asking for a 3rd rounder this year and something else next year.

:thumbsdown: if the Skins believe they'll get a 3rd rounder for Fat Albert.

:thumbsdown: if the Skins believe they'll get a 3rd rounder for Fat Albert.

They wanted MORE than a 3rd rounder PLUS $$$ to cover the $21 mill of the guarantee for Fat Albert last year. The 3rd I referred to in my post was for McNabb in a trade this year.

Andy's not trading Kolb to the skins. You can forget that right now

http://rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/201536/...ting-kolb-trade

My question to Skins fans: Would you be happy with Kolb? More than likely you'd have to part with your first round pick. I can't see the Skins being patient enough to groom a young guy so Kolb would be a good option since he's ready to go.

I just don't like Kolb. I say pass on all QBs this year and try to get Andrew Luck next year. And this just seems to be speculation that the skins are interested.

I just don't like Kolb. I say pass on all QBs this year and try to get Andrew Luck next year. And this just seems to be speculation that the skins are interested.

So bomb the season and finish 1-15 or 0-16 to get luck?

So bomb the season and finish 1-15 or 0-16 to get luck?

If he is the next elite QB prospect like everyone is talking him up to be it would be worth it.

I can see the ES threads now:

We could package a 5th, McNabb and Haynseworth and probably get Kolb and a 3rd

I'm not a Kolb fan either, but I would love for someone to trade us for Vick.

Good post on extremeskins breaking down Shanahan's last 3 drafts in Denver. They were pretty amazing.

Link

1 Ryan Clady Boise State Starting left tackle Broncos, 2x All Pro

2 Eddie Royal Virginia Tech Starting WR Broncos, has averaged over 60 catches per season in first 3 seasons

4 Kory Lichtensteiger Bowling Green Starting left guard Redskins

4 Jack Williams Kent State CB Detroit Lions

5 Ryan Torain Arizona State Starting RB Redskins

5 Carlton Powell Virginia Tech DT Jets

6 Spencer Larsen Arizona LB/FB Broncos, actually started at both positions in a single game his rookie year

7 Josh Barrett Arizona State S Patriots

7 Peyton Hillis Arkansas Starting RB Browns, 1000+ yards and 11 rushing TDs this year

1 Jarvis Moss Florida Back up DE Raiders

2 Tim Crowder Texas Starting DE Tampa Bay

3 Ryan Harris Notre Dame Starting RT Broncos

4 Marcus Thomas Florida DT Broncos

1 Jay Cutler Vanderbilt: Starting QB Bears, pro bowl

2 Tony Scheffler Western Michigan Two 40+ catch seasons out of four

4 Brandon Marshall Central FloridaStaring WR for the Dolphins, 2x pro bowler, All pro, 3/5 season 100+ catches

4 Elvis Dumervil Louisville Starting OLB Denver, 42 sacks in 4 season played, All pro/pro bowl (missed all last year)

4 Domenik Hixon Akron Kick returner for the Giants and #3 WR

5 Chris Kuper North Dakota Starting right guard for the Broncos and offensive captain

6 Greg Eslinger Minnesota out of the league

Jay Cutler really isnt that great.

And its nice that he drafted those players but Hillis didn't put those numbers with shanahan. Shanahan had good drafts his last few years in denver but still couldnt win anything.

Bahahah my brother in law just told me this in a email

Lol, they had vinny cerrato on the radio today and some called in to the show and asked if he would draft Cam Newton. Vinny said 'No, I wouldn't' and then the caller says 'Ok, then I would'...LMFAO

Jay Cutler really isnt that great.

And its nice that he drafted those players but Hillis didn't put those numbers with shanahan. Shanahan had good drafts his last few years in denver but still couldnt win anything.

If Cutler were still in Denver with Shanahan he would be called a top 5 QB right now. He won 11 games this year on a team with a lackluster receiving corps and getting sacked constantly. And Shanny never had a chance to use Hillis. He was a 7th round rookie and then Shanny was fired the next year.

Bahahah my brother in law just told me this in a email

Thats pretty funny.

Holy ish at his 2006 draft. That should be a team on the rise right now.

Its one of the best draft classes i have ever seen.

Yea but Shanahan blew it. And he'll be the demise for the Redskins. He might actually draft some good ones but his coaching has fell off