gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Jay Cutler really isnt that great.

And its nice that he drafted those players but Hillis didn't put those numbers with shanahan. Shanahan had good drafts his last few years in denver but still couldnt win anything.

He isn't that great. Cutler was easily on one of the luckiest QBs this season, it was amazing to me the things this guy did that should have been the opposite but by luck or something it was a great play. Then the real Cutler stood up when it mattered most, and chocked the F out of the Bears and pouted on the sidelines.

Yea but Shanahan blew it. And he'll be the demise for the Redskins. He might actually draft some good ones but his coaching has fell off

:thumbsdown: We have no where to go but up.

According to the Washington Post, the redskins attended NT Phil Taylor's pro day and are said to be very interested in him.

Along with 31 other teams

That would be kind of suspicious, me taking pictures of people. Shes nothing special lets just put it that way.

LOL, just f'n with ya dude.

:thumbsdown: We have no where to go but up.
:o

And thanks for the updates Red

Whatever team Cam Newton goes to, they have a lot of work on their hands

:thumbsdown:

And thanks for the updates Red

Whatever team Cam Newton goes to, they have a lot of work on their hands

I really dont want Newton, Mallet, or Kaepernick. They will be mediocre at best. If i had to have a QB from this draft id want Locker.

I really dont want Newton, Mallet, or Kaepernick. They will be mediocre at best. If i had to have a QB from this draft id want Locker.

figures. after a year of mcnabb of course locker looks accurate to you.

All I am saying is dont get your hopes up on Luck. Just because the "scouts and analyst" say he is the next best thing.. There have also been reports that his arm strength for the NFL level is just average at best.

And he returned for his senior year. Whos to say he doesnt get hurt this year?

figures. after a year of mcnabb of course locker looks accurate to you.

I'm not really worried about his accuracy. I dont think he will ever have the elite accuracy of someone like Drew Brees but his receivers dropped a ton of balls for him and he played with sub-par talent around him. I think if you can work on his footwork he will improve. I think Locker will be the best QB out of this draft when we look back 5 years from now. And i hope its with the redskins.

I'm not really worried about his accuracy. I dont think he will ever have the elite accuracy of someone like Drew Brees but his receivers dropped a ton of balls for him and he played with sub-par talent around him. I think if you can work on his footwork he will improve. I think Locker will be the best QB out of this draft when we look back 5 years from now. And i hope its with the redskins.

Locker could be, but Gabbart seems a more likely choice.

Oye. Why? trade for Carson Plammer or something like that. I think Gabbert is the guy to go with or take a second round guy. You still need more picks... OL, RB, DL...

This is such a weak draft... not sure about 3-4 guys.

Just wondering if you watched him in college or just highlight films? I've only seen him a couple times.

Oye. Why? trade for Carson Plammer or something like that. I think Gabbert is the guy to go with or take a second round guy. You still need more picks... OL, RB, DL...

This is such a weak draft... not sure about 3-4 guys.

This draft is loaded with defensive linemen and pass rushers. I think the skins will be trying to trade down but its unlikely to happen. I think they will be stuck at 10 and they will consider Locker, Julio Jones, Robert Quinn, or a 3-4 defensive lineman like J.J. Watt or Cameron Jordan.

And i really do think Locker has a legit shot to go 10th overall. Because i don't think he will be there when the skins pick in the 2nd round.

Just wondering if you watched him in college or just highlight films? I've only seen him a couple times.

I admittedly dont watch much college football. I did see Colt McCoy play before though and he looked like Peyton Manning. I did watch him during the Senior Bowl but he didnt get that many snaps.

i watched all but one of his games this past year because i was shocked he decided to stay another year. the only way locker is even in the league 5 years from now is as a clipboard holder (or ****ty starting QB on a perennially ****ty team like the bills or redskins).

Heres what WalterFootball.com had to say about the skins signing Atogwe. This is one website that really grinds my gears. The guy who writes for this website is usually completely clueless. I remember last season when he was talking up Jimmy Clausen every single day. He said that the Rams can't afford to pass on Jimmy Clausen with the 1st overall pick and take Mega-bust Sam Bradford. He constantly bashed other analysts like Todd McShay who were talking about how Clausen wasn't a first round talent.

He is absolutely brutal to certain teams, especially the redskins and raiders.

"I'm going to be honest. Daniel Snyder is a f***ing moron. Look, O.J. Atogwe is a really good player. But what the hell are the Redskins going to do with him? He turns 30 in June. Washington is a team in rebuilding mode. When they're finally capable of competing for a playoff spot, Atogwe will be old and ineffective.

This signing makes absolutely no sense. But then again, nothing Snyder ever does makes any sense. It's really amazing that year after year, Snyder continuously makes the mistake over and over again.

Here's a thought, Mr. Snyder: How about you build through the draft instead of overpaying for 30-year-old free agents past their prime? I know, it's a crazy concept. But maybe you should start paying attention to how franchises like the Packers, Steelers and Colts operate. Notice how they're always successful despite never signing any free agents? I guess that's just luck, right?"

Heres what WalterFootball.com had to say about the skins signing Atogwe. This is one website that really grinds my gears. The guy who writes for this website is usually completely clueless. I remember last season when he was talking up Jimmy Clausen every single day. He said that the Rams can't afford to pass on Jimmy Clausen with the 1st overall pick and take Mega-bust Sam Bradford. He constantly bashed other analysts like Todd McShay who were talking about how Clausen wasn't a first round talent.

He is absolutely brutal to certain teams, especially the redskins and raiders.

"I'm going to be honest. Daniel Snyder is a f***ing moron. Look, O.J. Atogwe is a really good player. But what the hell are the Redskins going to do with him? He turns 30 in June. Washington is a team in rebuilding mode. When they're finally capable of competing for a playoff spot, Atogwe will be old and ineffective.

This signing makes absolutely no sense. But then again, nothing Snyder ever does makes any sense. It's really amazing that year after year, Snyder continuously makes the mistake over and over again.

Here's a thought, Mr. Snyder: How about you build through the draft instead of overpaying for 30-year-old free agents past their prime? I know, it's a crazy concept. But maybe you should start paying attention to how franchises like the Packers, Steelers and Colts operate. Notice how they're always successful despite never signing any free agents? I guess that's just luck, right?"

He makes a valid point. Snyder finally signed a player worth signing, only he won't do anything. You guys a long ways out from being legit contenders. So he's right, by the time you are, Atogwe will be gone. The thing is you can't win by signing FAs every season, you build through the draft and use FA to patch up holes and improve in certain spots, not building your team. I'd have to go back and look at your previous drafts but I'd assume they were pretty bad.

He makes a valid point. Snyder finally signed a player worth signing, only he won't do anything. You guys a long ways out from being legit contenders. So he's right, by the time you are, Atogwe will be gone. The thing is you can't win by signing FAs every season, you build through the draft and use FA to patch up holes and improve in certain spots, not building your team. I'd have to go back and look at your previous drafts but I'd assume they were pretty bad.

So the redskins aren't supposed to try to improve just because they wont contend this year? In the NFL today you can turn teams around in 2 years or so. I don't like the label "building through free agency." I think that any time there is a starting-caliber player out there who can fill a need and help your team you need to sign him. As long as its a reasonable contract. I don't consider that building through free agency. Thats a supplement to your team.

Now i could understand the criticism if they had overpaid Atogwe but i think they got him at a decent rate. Its free agent signings like this that help build a contender, not the Haynesworth-type signings.

Soon to be Stars: Adam Carriker

"I have to be honest. I am reaching here. But I did like what Adam Carriker did in his first season in Washington, and its 3-4 scheme fits this former first-round pick’s talents quite well. He is what you look for in a defensive end in such a scheme, and he could take yet another positive step forward in 2011.

He finally looks to be over his injury problems and is in a good system for him to thrive. Carriker has great length and has filled out, giving him the ideal body type for a 5-technique end in Washington’s scheme. We haven’t seen much of it yet, but there is upside here as a pass-rusher. Perhaps he enhances that part of his game next season. He is a very sound run-defender who uses his hands well and is stout at the point. He sheds with authority and runs well enough to make plays in pursuit.

Again, there are not many players on the Redskins’ roster whom I even considered to be on the verge of stardom. Offensive tackle Trent Williams showed flashes at a very difficult position and could become more consistent in his sophomore season. Tight end Fred Davis or receiver Anthony Armstrong could see more of an opportunity to show what they can do.

But my bet is on Carriker. The Redskins were among the worst run defenses in football last season, and much of it had to do with their defensive line, but Carriker wasn’t to blame. For the Redskins’ sake, let’s hope he can stay healthy."

So the redskins aren't supposed to try to improve just because they wont contend this year? In the NFL today you can turn teams around in 2 years or so. I don't like the label "building through free agency." I think that any time there is a starting-caliber player out there who can fill a need and help your team you need to sign him. As long as its a reasonable contract. I don't consider that building through free agency. Thats a supplement to your team.

Now i could understand the criticism if they had overpaid Atogwe but i think they got him at a decent rate. Its free agent signings like this that help build a contender, not the Haynesworth-type signings.

That is all Snyder has done though since he's owned the team..wanted big name FA to try and grab the limelight but none have worked out so it makes the Skins look like the bad news bears of the NFL.