gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Ha. Kolb isnt worth a top 5 pick.

But no matter what every team has fans that think there players are worth more then they really are.

Just like the skins fans thinking they can get decent picks for mcnabb and haynsworth.

Haynesworth's value is completely shot but they could get a mid-round pick for McNabb because so many teams dont have QBs.

Haynesworth's value is completely shot but they could get a mid-round pick for McNabb because so many teams dont have QBs.

I can't see it RSfan...he has been declining for a few years and was benched by the Skins in his first year there..if they can get ANYTHING for him they need to jump on it

I can't see it RSfan...he has been declining for a few years and was benched by the Skins in his first year there..if they can get ANYTHING for him they need to jump on it

I think they could get a 4th for him.

They could have if Shanahan wasn't deadset on killing his value. Everyone and their brother knows the skins aren't keeping him on the roster with that contract.

There's no way. Your head coach basically said he's not good enough to start on a team who's other option is Rex Grossman. That's pretty bad. Not to mention the contract he has which would have to be redone and who's going to pay his asking price? And you KNOW he's going to be cut so why trade for him?

They should have taken Tennesee's offer last year for Haynesworth (was it a 3rd?), but Shanahan was too smart for that!!

You may be right, but I suspect that McNabb won't return much. Every GM in the NFL knows that

(1) he won't start next year for Washington and

(2) he's paid too much to be a backup.

Meaning, his release is an eventuality if he isn't traded. Most teams would probably just wait for that. I suspect McNabb's trade value to be a low pick from a team that just wants first dibs on him.

There's no way. Your head coach basically said he's not good enough to start on a team who's other option is Rex Grossman. That's pretty bad. Not to mention the contract he has which would have to be redone and who's going to pay his asking price? And you KNOW he's going to be cut so why trade for him?

Its not set in stone he will be cut. Grossman is a free agent and if they come out of the draft without a QB they could start McNabb next year.

Why would a team trade for mcnabb when

1. He couldnt pick up a new system

2. He was benched for poor play

3. He has a pretty big contract for next year.

4. Teams know what the skins think of him, They benched him for Rex grossman.

Why would a team trade for mcnabb when

1. He couldnt pick up a new system

2. He was benched for poor play

3. He has a pretty big contract for next year.

4. Teams know what the skins think of him, They benched him for Rex grossman.

Because some teams wont have any other option. How about a team like the Titans who doesn't have a QB and is too far back in the draft to grab a top prospect? They could always come to an agreement with McNabb that if they trade for him, he has to restructure.

Its not set in stone he will be cut. Grossman is a free agent and if they come out of the draft without a QB they could start McNabb next year.

After Shanny telling the media he was welcome back there as a backup only? You actually see any scenario where McNabb would be starting again?

Because some teams wont have any other option. How about a team like the Titans who doesn't have a QB and is too far back in the draft to grab a top prospect? They could always come to an agreement with McNabb that if they trade for him, he has to restructure.

They could give up multiple high draft picks for KOLBZZZZZZZ :thumbsdown:

Why would they want an older QB? They have collins. I think they want to get younger not older

After Shanny telling the media he was welcome back there as a backup only? You actually see any scenario where McNabb would be starting again?

Its unlikely but possible. The most likely scenario is re-signing Grossman, drafting a QB, and cutting McNabb but you never know.

Why would they want an older QB? They have collins. I think they want to get younger not older

McNabb is an upgrade over Collins but you are right, it doesnt make much sense for the Titans. I just threw that one out there. How about the Bengals? They could miss out on Newton (Panthers) and Gabbert (Bills). Arizona is less likely, but possible. The Vikings? 49ers? Seahawks?

All good points.

But if the teams are as high on Kolb as writers (not just eagles) make it seem, would you trade a 4th for a QB who will is a stop gap, or a 1st or 2nnd for a QB who could be your franchise QB.

All good points.

But if the teams are as high on Kolb as writers (not just eagles) make it seem, would you trade a 4th for a QB who will is a stop gap, or a 1st or 2nnd for a QB who could be your franchise QB.

The writers are as bored as we are with all of this. Most any team has a backup QB that could be had for less than what the eagles think Kolb is worth. What has he done since he's been in the league that would warrant a 2nd round QB with twice the turnovers as TD's and a 73 QB rating to automatically now be worth a top 10 and in some threads a top 5 pick?

All good points.

If a team isn't high on Kolb and just wants a stopgap, McNabb can be had for much less.

The writers are as bored as we are with all of this. Most any team has a backup QB that could be had for less than what the eagles think Kolb is worth. What has he done since he's been in the league that would warrant a 2nd round QB with twice the turnovers as TD's and a 73 QB rating to automatically now be worth a top 10 and in some threads a top 5 pick?

Show me once where I said Kolb is worth a top 10 pick.

Kolb > Kitna so thats pretty much the end of it there.

Theres a rumor on extremeskins that McNabb could end up with the vikings when the next CBA is in place, but take this with a big grain of salt because im not sure how reliable the source is.

Theres a rumor on extremeskins that McNabb could end up with the vikings when the next CBA is in place, but take this with a big grain of salt because im not sure how reliable the source is.

It's a logical landing spot for him and has been discussed by a variety of broadcasters. What exactly is the source that is questionable enough to make you call it a rumor and question reliability of the source?

It's a logical landing spot for him and has been discussed by a variety of broadcasters. What exactly is the source that is questionable enough to make you call it a rumor and question reliability of the source?

Its from one of the moderators at extremeskins, TK. Its from his twitter account and started a thread. Apparently from what others have said he has broken skins news in the past before anyone else, so it could be true.

Its from one of the moderators at extremeskins, TK. Its from his twitter account and started a thread. Apparently from what others have said he has broken skins news in the past before anyone else, so it could be true.

hm, strange. I can't seem to imagine a mod doing that around here. Thanks for the rumor

Show me once where I said Kolb is worth a top 10 pick.

Kolb > Kitna so thats pretty much the end of it there.

Great comparison idiot since Kitna is like 12 years older :thumbsdown: but here are the 2010 stats just for a comparison:

Kolb..... 7 games 115/189 for 1197 yds 7 td 7 int 6 fumbles 76.1 rating

Kitna.... 10 games 209/318 for 2365 yds 16 td 12 int 88.9 rating

Great comparison idiot since Kitna is like 12 years older :thumbsdown: but here are the 2010 stats just for a comparison:

Kolb..... 7 games 115/189 for 1197 yds 7 td 7 int 6 fumbles 76.1 rating

Kitna.... 10 games 209/318 for 2365 yds 16 td 12 int 88.9 rating

How many games did kitna lose last year?

TK Also was downplaying the Mcnabb benching saying it wasnt true and people need to stop believing the media because its not true.

He got ripped for it too. Every one know shanahan wasnt lieing with that one.