gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Thats what a lot of 3-4 teams do, its what they did with Orakpo. Rotoworld had high praise for Ryan Kerrigan. They even imply that he could be better than Von Miller:

Redskins selected Purdue DE/OLB Ryan Kerrigan with the No. 16 overall pick in the 2011 NFL draft.

The Skins traded back, picked up an extra second-round pick (No. 49), and got a likely instant impact pass rusher to book end Brian Orakpo. Though some have questioned Kerrigan's "fluidity," many observers compare him to Mike Vrabel in terms of versatility and motor. In fact, his career stats (sacks, tackles for loss, forced fumbles) all trump Von Miller's, and Kerrigan arguably faced better offensive lines in Wisconsin, Iowa, and Ohio State, etc. The 2010 Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year won't struggle to beat out Lorenzo Alexander to be a rookie starter.

At least miller has played olb. Kerrign hasnt. My friend its a huge skins fan hates the move

Cosell even said he was projected as a 4-3 end. Would have been find if he was projected for 3-4

Cosell even said he was projected as a 4-3 end. Would have been find if he was projected for 3-4

Howard Cosell has been dead for 15 years.

Not kewl man, not kewl.

:nonono:

Skins keep trading down. They have traded down twice in the second now, picking up an extra 4th and 5th rounder. The skins are now up to 10 picks in the draft.

Skins keep trading down. They have traded down twice in the second now, picking up an extra 4th and 5th rounder. The skins are now up to 10 picks in the draft.

Well you guys certainly can use all the help you can get. :whistle:

Don't look now but it's the bird turds that are suking wind in the draft so far :thumbsup:

Don't look now but it's the bird turds that are suking wind in the draft so far :thumbsup:

Yeah, too bad we didn't suck enough to be picking in the top 10 every round.

Damn right. They have done a good job so far. Pass rusher and D-line were arguably our top two needs.

Looks like no QB for the skins this year.

Yeah, too bad we didn't suck enough to be picking in the top 10 every round.

Wait till next year..the bird turds may be in the Andrew Luck running :lol:

Jaiquawn Jarrett

S, Temple

6-foot-2, 202 pounds

Projection: 3rd - 5th round

Wait till next year..the bird turds may be in the Andrew Luck running :lol:

Jaiquawn Jarrett

S, Temple

6-foot-2, 202 pounds

Projection: 3rd - 5th round

Where did the "experts" :rolleyes: have Westbrook projected? I guess it was a good thing he also played in Reid's back yard. Just because the pukes scouts never saw this kid play doesn't mean ours didn't. :thumbsup:

Skins trade down yet again in the second. They were on the clock 4 times in the second round and left with 1 player.

Skins now have 12 picks in the draft:

1: OLB Ryan Kerrigan

2: DE Jarvis Jenkins

3: WR Leonard Hankerson

4: RB Roy Helu

5: CB Dejon Gomes

5: WR Niles Paul

6: RB Evan Royster

6: WR Aldrick Robinson

7: CB Brandyn Thompson

7: OL Maurice Hurt

Tim ryan and pat kirwis said thieu talked to ppl close with the skins and grossmsm will start

Tim ryan and pat kirwis said thieu talked to ppl close with the skins and grossmsm will start

I figured as much. Grossman the starter, John Beck 2nd, and possibly a rookie 3rd day pick as a developmental QB. They will probably take a QB high next year.

Hankerson was a good pick. Dunno anything about the dt from clemson will he play de or nt?

Can't believe this thread is still alive....

Solid draft by the skins. First time since forever, the redskins have a pick in each round.

I figured as much. Grossman the starter, John Beck 2nd, and possibly a rookie 3rd day pick as a developmental QB. They will probably take a QB high next year.

puke.gif

You know that's not cutting it. Unless you really think Shanny can polish that turd Beck.

Hankerson was a good pick. Dunno anything about the dt from clemson will he play de or nt?

The guy will mostly likely rotate between DT/NT

He needs to get into better shape.

Shanahan said Jenkins will play DE. From what I have read he is a good run stopper and really good at shedding blockers but not much of a pass rusher. He should be a good fit for our 3-4.

Would the Skins be having the draft they're having if this were a normal year and free agency/trades were available?

Would the Skins be having the draft they're having if this were a normal year and free agency/trades were available?

Thats a good question. I guess we can't be sure. Although I do recall an article on Redskins.com a few months ago with Shanahan. He said that he hopes to stockpile picks in the future instead of trading them. They said they thought they were getting a franchise QB in McNabb and it didn't work out. I think they may have learned their lesson from that and may be more guarded about trading picks in the future.

Now if Vinny were here...I'm sure he would have traded up for Gabbert and blown our 1st and a 1st next year.

Eagles havent had a bad draft at all. May not agree with the spots the players were taken but sure as hell are good players. Watkins should be a stud for a long time.

Eagles havent had a bad draft at all. May not agree with the spots the players were taken but sure as hell are good players. Watkins should be a stud for a long time.

I like Watkins a lot, he is going to be a good player. I do think it was too high for him though. I thought he was going to be a mid-late second round pick.

But im like Mike Mayock, if you like a guy go get him.