gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

I like Watkins a lot, he is going to be a good player. I do think it was too high for him though. I thought he was going to be a mid-late second round pick.

But im like Mike Mayock, if you like a guy go get him.

He was the Patriots' guy at #28.

Interesting pick with so many other RBs on the board. Gotta give Shanahan the benefit of the doubt with RBs.

Skins gave too much to move up. Swap 4ths with Texans, give up two 5ths, and get a 6th back from Texans. But i guess Shanahan has earned the benefit of the doubt with RBs.

Chris Russell (ESPN 980 / Redskins Radio) on Twitter:

A source says two other teams were absolutely going to take Jarvis Jenkins with in 7 picks of the #Redskins at #41 last night.

Don't like the gomes pick.

He's not fluid at all and I've see him get beat on sluggo routes more than I'd like to see.

He looks like Westbrooks replacement as our Emergency CB/F-Safety

Hoping we get NT Powe and alex wujciak ILB from maryland.

they should go in the 6th round

I guess we like nebraska

more of a possession WR. He catches with his body.

He is not afraid of going through the middle. Made a lot of 1st downs with Nebraska this season.

Needs a LOT of help with routes but he gets off the defender well.

I saw nebraska use him on 3rd and shorts a lot this season, With some quick slants to convert first downs.

The skins are too busy raiding Nebraska. 3 Nebraska players drafted today. At least they will have great locker room rookie chemistry already.

I don't see Gomes or Helu making the roster.

So-so draft so far, I think the redskins gambled way too much like the eagles and they are not picking the guys they wanted.

I'm pretty sure they wanted Quinn in the first round and gambled by moving back

I don't see Gomes or Helu making the roster.

So-so draft so far, I think the redskins gambled way too much like the eagles and they are not picking the guys they wanted.

I'm pretty sure they wanted Quinn in the first round and gambled by moving back

Helu doesn't make the roster?? Thats a bold prediction. You don't trade up for a guy in the 4th to have him not make your team and its not like the skins are loaded at RB either. As for Quinn, im kind of glad they passed on him. That brain tumor kind of scares me and it probably pushed him down their board. I'm happy with Kerrigan and Hankerson the most so far. Helu could be a good 1-2 punch with Torain.

Helu doesn't make the roster?? Thats a bold prediction. You don't trade up for a guy in the 4th to have him not make your team and its not like the skins are loaded at RB either. As for Quinn, im kind of glad they passed on him. That brain tumor kind of scares me and it probably pushed him down their board. I'm happy with Kerrigan and Hankerson the most so far. Helu could be a good 1-2 punch with Torain.

Helu is not that fantastic, the pro-typical one cut guy with solid vision (one of shanny's RBs)

But he's poor in pass pro, can't catch well, and isn't the break away runner that a one-two punch needs.

He's just another one of shanny's thrift store RBs that fits our system. He reminds me of kieland williams

If we took Ryan williams than that would be different.

I think shanny will lean on Torain and Davis

Helu is not that fantastic, the pro-typical one cut guy with solid vision (one of shanny's RBs)

But he's poor in pass pro, can't catch well, and isn't the break away runner that a one-two punch needs.

He's just another one of shanny's thrift store RBs that fits our system. He reminds me of kieland williams

If we took Ryan williams than that would be different.

I think shanny will lean on Torain and Davis

A running back in the early second round would be a luxury pick for a team with so many needs.

Rotoworld:

One of our favorite late-round sleepers, Helu is an ideal fit for Mike Shanahan's one-cut zone-blocking scheme. While not physical or especially elusive, Helu can get downhill quickly and is dynamite in the open field. His college counting stats are underwhelming due to the Cornhuskers' committee attack, but his Combine numbers were off the charts for a player of his 6'0/220 size. Ryan Torain should enter the season as the starter, but Helu is absolutely an in-season threat to his job.

A running back in the early second round would be a luxury pick for a team with so many needs.

Rotoworld:

One of our favorite late-round sleepers, Helu is an ideal fit for Mike Shanahan's one-cut zone-blocking scheme. While not physical or especially elusive, Helu can get downhill quickly and is dynamite in the open field. His college counting stats are underwhelming due to the Cornhuskers' committee attack, but his Combine numbers were off the charts for a player of his 6'0/220 size. Ryan Torain should enter the season as the starter, but Helu is absolutely an in-season threat to his job.

Yeah so its one of shanny's thrift store RBs that are not home run threats.

we'll see, I doubt it though. With Davis, Kieland and Torain, I just don't see Helu being in the roster. He might take Kieland's job......Maybe

We don't exactly have the best oline in the nfl

Our 5th round safety Dejon Gomes was on the radio and just called the cowboys "losers" :thumbsup:

Love this guy already.

You love everyone RF01

the redskins are taking the eagles route and collecting bulk over value. (like the eagles)

If we hit on 3-4 true players than it will be a great draft.

I'm just happy they didn't take blaine

You love everyone RF01

the redskins are taking the eagles route and collecting bulk over value. (like the eagles)

If we hit on 3-4 true players than it will be a great draft.

I'm just happy they didn't take blaine

When you're a perrenial cellar-dweller, in complete rebuilding mode and planning on winning the Luck sweepstakes that's the route you take.

When you're a perrenial cellar-dweller, in complete rebuilding mode and planning on winning the Luck sweepstakes that's the route you take.

Or we can be like the eagles and reach with an OG that would have gone in the second round.

Or better yet take casey matthews and a kicker

This draft was full of DL and Olb talent. You guys didn't even take one in the first or second round.

This was a poor draft for oline players and you guys reached....Ha...

Or we can be like the eagles and reach with an OG that would have gone in the second round.

Or better yet take casey matthews and a kicker

This draft was full of DL and Olb talent. You guys didn't even take one in the first or second round.

This was a poor draft for oline players and you guys reached....Ha...

Ah another idiot who thinks because Mel Kiper says a player should go in round X and when he goes higher "it's a reach". :roll: You do know that Mel's success rate in predicting picks is only slightly higher than your IQ right?

"Poor draft for Oline", I guess that's why 7 went in the first round. :blink: I know you're a skins fan (so therefore not very bright) but are you also on crack?

Wow...3 wide receivers and 2 running backs drafted. Do you think they aren't happy with the existing offensive skill players?

Its getting to a point that next year, I'm just going to look at one cut RBs that are 6'0 and 215lbs because we'll take em.

Haven't watched any penn state games this season, So I don't know anything about the guy.

Ah another idiot who thinks because Mel Kiper says a player should go in round X and when he goes higher "it's a reach". :roll: You do know that Mel's success rate in predicting picks is only slightly higher than your IQ right?

"Poor draft for Oline", I guess that's why 7 went in the first round. :blink: I know you're a skins fan (so therefore not very bright) but are you also on crack?

Don't worry dallas made the same mistake. Like this season, I have never seen second tier QBs hyped sooo much in the draft that 4 of them went in the first round. Are you telling me that they are going to be good because they were selected in the first round??

I don't listen to mel Kiper

If you want to know where I've got all my knowledge just check this out

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?328672-2011-Comprehensive-NFL-Draft-Database

Unlike your messageboard (full of nuts) we at least try to go about things in a better way, through discussion.

Trust me you guys reached....

Its getting to a point that next year, I'm just going to look at one cut RBs that are 6'0 and 215lbs because we'll take em.

Haven't watched any penn state games this season, So I don't know anything about the guy.

Thats funny that you think that about Watkins. People had him at 21 with the Chiefs, Pats would have taken him at 28. 23 is in between 21-28..

Watkins right now is better then everyone on the skins line other than Williams. Eagles oline >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the skins oline