gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Skins full draft class:

1: OLB Ryan Kerrigan

2: DE Jarvis Jenkins

3: WR Leonard Hankerson

4: RB Roy Helu

5: CB Dejon Gomes

5: WR Niles Paul

6: RB Evan Royster

6: WR Aldrick Robinson

7: CB Brandyn Thompson

7: OG Maurice Hurt

7: OLB Markus White

7: NT Chris Neild

Only 1 Olineman and not until the 7th? :blink: The must be planning to go heavy there in FA (and there are quite a few good unrestricted ones right now anyway), because outside of Williams that unit is a mess.

Only 1 Olineman and not until the 7th? :blink: The must be planning to go heavy there in FA (and there are quite a few good unrestricted ones right now anyway), because outside of Williams that unit is a mess.

Yeah i bet a lot of skins fans are disappointed in this but the fact is we have so many needs its impossible to fill them all this year. The skins will probably go after T Ryan Harris (Shanahan-Denver connection) and G Davin Joseph (Allen-Tampa connection) when free agency opens.

I went to high school with Neild. Dude's got a nasty attitude (in the best way).

Good to hear, he has a good shot at making the team because we have no one at nose.

Yeah i bet a lot of skins fans are disappointed in this but the fact is we have so many needs its impossible to fill them all this year. The skins will probably go after T Ryan Harris (Shanahan-Denver connection) and G Davin Joseph (Allen-Tampa connection) when free agency opens.

Good to hear, he has a good shot at making the team because we have no one at nose.

I had Joseph on on my FA wish list for the Birds along with Harvey Dahl (Atl) and Jared Gaither (Balt).

Shanahan is really talking up John Beck. From Russell's twitter:

Shanahan on Beck "I had him as my top-ranked QB. It wasn't even close. By far, (he was the) # 1 guy." Can somebody say Beck vs. NYG 9/11??

More Shanahan on J. Beck "He's everything you look for in a Quarterback. First to work, last to leave. He has not disapointed me."

Shanahan is really talking up John Beck. From Russell's twitter:

Shanahan on Beck "I had him as my top-ranked QB. It wasn't even close. By far, (he was the) # 1 guy." Can somebody say Beck vs. NYG 9/11??

More Shanahan on J. Beck "He's everything you look for in a Quarterback. First to work, last to leave. He has not disapointed me."

There you have it. If this is really true, coupled with the lack of interest in O-Lineme, I could see a rough year or two for the skins ahead. I know you are overly optimistic RF01, but this has got to give you the heebee jeebees.

There you have it. If this is really true, coupled with the lack of interest in O-Lineme, I could see a rough year or two for the skins ahead. I know you are overly optimistic RF01, but this has got to give you the heebee jeebees.

If anything im overly pessimistic. I'm predicting last place in the East and a sub-8 win season. This is a rebuilding team.

Skins starting roster if the season began today (pre-free agency)

QB: John Beck

RB: Ryan Torain, Roy Helu ®, Evan Royster ®, Keiland Williams, James Davis

FB: Mike Sellers, Darrell Young

WR: Anthony Armstrong, Aldrick Robinson ®, Brandon Banks

WR: Leonard Hankerson ®, Niles Paul ®, Terrence Austin

TE: Chris Cooley, Fred Davis, Logan Paulsen

LT: Trent Williams, Clint Oldenburg

LG: Kory Lichtensteiger

C: Casey Rabach, Erik Cook

RG: Will Montgomery, Artis Hicks

RT: Selvish Capers

DE: Adam Carriker, Phillip Daniels

NT: Anthony Bryant, Ma'ake Kemoeatu, Chris Neild ®

DE: Jarvis Jenkins ®, Jeremy Jarmon

OLB: Brian Orakpo, Lorenzo Alexander

ILB: London Fletcher, H.B. Blades

ILB: Perry Riley, Robert Henson

OLB: Ryan Kerrigan ®, Chris Wilson

CB: DeAngelo Hall, Byron Westbrook

CB: Kevin Barnes, Brandyn Thompson ®

FS: O.J. Atogwe, Kareem Moore, Dejon Gomes ®

SS: LaRon Landry, Reed Doughty, Chris Horton

Mike Shanahan says John Beck is a better QB than Kevin Kolb (indirectly)

“Let me say, when John Beck did come out [of college], I had him rated as the top quarterback coming out that year, and I didn’t even think it was close,” said Shanahan, who traded with Baltimore last August to get Beck. “I had a lot of confidence in John Beck when he came out in 2007. I evaluate the quarterbacks every year, and I do have confidence in John Beck. He was by far my No. 1 guy. I think the world of him.”

JaMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn and Kevin Kolb were taken ahead of Beck in 2007. Russell is no longer in the league, Quinn is buried on Denver’s depth chart, and Kolb has yet to emerge as a starter and appears on his way out in Philadelphia.

SI: 2011 Draft: Steals and Reaches

Skins end up with 3 players in the STEALS section. Pauline predicts our 7th round pick Neild will be starting for us by the end of his rookie season.

Leonard Hankerson/WR/Washington/Round 3/No. 79: Hankerson's inconsistency and untimely drops pushed him into the third round, yet he possesses the physical skills to be a productive second wide out on the NFL level. He will immediately help the receiver needy Redskins.

Roy Helu/RB/Washington/Round 4/No. 105: Helu was the second skill player the Redskins chose in round four. He's a triple threat running back who will compete for the starting position.

Chris Neild/NT/Washington/Round 7/No. 253: The fact Neild was the second-to-last player selected is mind-blowing. He's a 320-pound slugger who brings his lunch pail to work every day and is a prospect coaches will love. Don't be surprised if he's starting by the end of his rookie season.

SI: 2011 Draft: Steals and Reaches

Skins end up with 3 players in the STEALS section. Pauline predicts our 7th round pick Neild will be starting for us by the end of his rookie season.

Leonard Hankerson/WR/Washington/Round 3/No. 79: Hankerson's inconsistency and untimely drops pushed him into the third round, yet he possesses the physical skills to be a productive second wide out on the NFL level. He will immediately help the receiver needy Redskins.

Roy Helu/RB/Washington/Round 4/No. 105: Helu was the second skill player the Redskins chose in round four. He's a triple threat running back who will compete for the starting position.

Chris Neild/NT/Washington/Round 7/No. 253: The fact Neild was the second-to-last player selected is mind-blowing. He's a 320-pound slugger who brings his lunch pail to work every day and is a prospect coaches will love. Don't be surprised if he's starting by the end of his rookie season.

This is probably the best draft for the Skins in many years..NFCE will be a war zone again

There are rumors out there that the skins and broncos have a trade agreed to that will send Haynesworth to Denver and Kyle Orton to DC.

There are rumors out there that the skins and broncos have a trade agreed to that will send Haynesworth to Denver and Kyle Orton to DC.

Actually that would be a big move by the Skins..get a stop gap QB and out from under a big contract at the same time

Skins full draft class:

1: OLB Ryan Kerrigan

2: DE Jarvis Jenkins

3: WR Leonard Hankerson

4: RB Roy Helu

5: CB Dejon Gomes

5: WR Niles Paul

6: RB Evan Royster

6: WR Aldrick Robinson

7: CB Brandyn Thompson

7: OG Maurice Hurt

7: OLB Markus White

7: NT Chris Neild

Of course your head coach will praise a QB that is on the roster. If he was so high on him they wouldnt want to bring in Orton

John Beck - QB - Redskins

Redskins coach Mike Shanahan insists he has a "game plan" for quarterback that could go in "a lot of different directions."

"I can't share it with you for obvious reasons," said Shanahan. "But we do have a plan." Frankly, we're not buying the talk of John Beck starting, and Shanny's comments suggest Beck is only a last-ditch option. Kyle Orton rumors are already cranking up, and NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora has heard "rumblings" that the Shanahans like Marc Bulge

Hankerson was a good pick will give them another WR thats for sure. Kerring will still need to prove he can cover. I have heard that he will need to cover. Just like Orakpo. But atleast Orakpo was a 3-4 olb projection. Kerring was more a 4-3 DE but not saying it wont work.

That would be exactly what the skins need. They could then select the best QB fit for them in the the draft over the next two years.

If this happens, along with 25-33% of the draft picks panning out for the skins, they are setting themselves up to not be irrelevant anymore.

If the Broncos trade Orton for Hanyesworth, they are morons. After Big Al's legal troubles, I would think most teams would only risk bringing him in if it doesn't cost them players or picks. Orton is probably worth anywhere between a 2nd-4th round draft pick.

Well, the Broncos are desperate for defensive tackles. Getting a talent like Haynesworth would really help their defense if they can light a fire under his a**.

I don't really believe this is true. I can't imagine anyone giving up anything for Haynesworth. I think people just looked at the Elway-Shanahan connection, saw that the Broncos didn't draft any defensive tackles and the skins didn't draft a QB and put two and two together.

I hope they are right. I count at least 4 rookies who will have big impacts this year: Kerrigan, Jenkins, Hankerson, and Helu. Kerrigan, Jenkins, and Hankerson could easily win starting jobs and Helu will get a lot of touches even if he doesn't start over Torain.

And our later picks are noted special teams standouts, Paul is a kick returner and guys like Thompson and Gomes are special teams players.

I hope they are right. I count at least 4 rookies who will have big impacts this year: Kerrigan, Jenkins, Hankerson, and Helu. Kerrigan, Jenkins, and Hankerson could easily win starting jobs and Helu will get a lot of touches even if he doesn't start over Torain.

And our later picks are noted special teams standouts, Paul is a kick returner and guys like Thompson and Gomes are special teams players.

A couple more seasons of drafting like that and we'll be set.

I liked the fact that the redskins didn't take a QB.

Did you hear what shanny said about john beck? He had him as the best QB coming out of the 2007 draft.

but if you check out that season's draft there wasn't a great QB prospect that was any better.....Jemarcus Russel, Brady Quinn, Kevin Kolb..

A couple more seasons of drafting like that and we'll be set.

I liked the fact that the redskins didn't take a QB.

Did you hear what shanny said about john beck? He had him as the best QB coming out of the 2007 draft.

but if you check out that season's draft there wasn't a great QB prospect that was any better.....Jemarcus Russel, Brady Quinn, Kevin Kolb..

Passing on Gabbert will definitely be something to watch in the next couple of years. If he turns into a franchise QB for the jags we will look like idiots, but if he busts then Shanahan will look like a genius.

We gotta get our QB next year, we will never be good without one.

According to Pro Football Focus, the Redskins Ryan Torain was the 3rd most elusive running back last year, 9th best running back in yards after first contact, and 6th in forced missed tackles per touch.

Tops in the NFC East in every category.

Ahmad Bradshaw was 4th in total forced missed tackles and 10th most elusive running back. No other NFC East RB made the top 10 in any category.

Link