gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

According to Pro Football Focus, the Redskins Ryan Torain was the 3rd most elusive running back last year, 9th best running back in yards after first contact, and 6th in forced missed tackles per touch.

Tops in the NFC East in every category.

Ahmad Bradshaw was 4th in total forced missed tackles and 10th most elusive running back. No other NFC East RB made the top 10 in any category.

Link

I guess it's good to celebrate the little things if you're a Skins fan. :rolleyes:

Vince Young - QB - Titans

The South Florida South-Sentinel "hears" that the Redskins are the front-runners for Vince Young's services this offseason.

Redskins beat writer Rich Tandler has also heard talk of Vince Young in the nation's capital, so the smoke is building here. Due a $4.25 million bonus in addition to his $8.5 million salary, Young is likely to be released rather than traded. The Redskins are one of just two teams with no semblance of a viable starting QB. It's easy to see why V.Y. would be interested in signing on, as it's his quickest path to playing time.

Related: Redskins

This would actually be smart for the skins... Young is better then Grossman and Beck.

And Shanahan may have said beck was the best QB coming out. If so dont you think he would have started by now? Kolb will get a high draft pick for the eagles, Beck wont get anything near that for a team.

Of course your head coach will praise a QB that is on the roster. If he was so high on him they wouldnt want to bring in Orton

Similar to Kolb when the eagles signed Vick and had McNabb?

Similar to Kolb when the eagles signed Vick and had McNabb?

Hater in the house.

Hater in the house.

He is just mad that Kolb will get a decent draft pick for the birds.

Hater in the house.

He is just mad that Kolb will get a decent draft pick for the birds.

Well can you really blame him?

How would you feel if you were a fan of a last place team without a single, expendable commodity that you could potentially use to improve your team and being constantly bombarded with media reports that your division winner is sitting there with one of the most highly-coveted trading chips available in their lap?

It's gotta sting like a bish. :furious:

Well can you really blame him?

How would you feel if you were a fan of a last place team without a single, expendable commodity that you could potentially use to improve your team and being constantly bombarded with media reports that your division winner is sitting there with one of the most highly-coveted trading chips available in their lap?

It's gotta sting like a bish. :furious:

They have 5 superbowls they like to remind us about all the time. He should feel good about him self. I mean living in the early 90's is pretty awesome. I mean It is better than living in the 80's like the skins.

Although its effing hilarious watching pens fans use the whole Stanley cup thing vs caps fans and seeing them get super pissed off about it. Then skins fans use it vs eagle fans and it doesnt even phase us.

It's comical to listen to sports radio down here in DC. Snyder's own station as well as the other sports radio station in town are bending over backwards to talk up Beck.

"He was never given a chance, he ended his college career second, SECOND!!! in passing at BYU. SECOND!!!! The ONLY reason he didn't excel in Miami was because of the Tuna. The Tuna didn't like him because the Tuna didn't pick him. Other than that, he would have been a pro-bowler in Miami for ten years. We're sooooo lucky to have him here ..."

I was almost beginning to soften my white hot hatred of everything/anything skins. But to listening to this drivel, as well as hearing from the in-laws who are eating it up with a spoon, makes me hate the skins and their brain dead fans as much as I ever have.

Mr. Snyder, please keep Beck for a good 4-5 years. Pretty please.

It's comical to listen to sports radio down here in DC. Snyder's own station as well as the other sports radio station in town are bending over backwards to talk up Beck.

"He was never given a chance, he ended his college career second, SECOND!!! in passing at BYU. SECOND!!!! The ONLY reason he didn't excel in Miami was because of the Tuna. The Tuna didn't like him because the Tuna didn't pick him. Other than that, he would have been a pro-bowler in Miami for ten years. We're sooooo lucky to have him here ..."

I was almost beginning to soften my white hot hatred of everything/anything skins. But to listening to this drivel, as well as hearing from the in-laws who are eating it up with a spoon, makes me hate the skins and their brain dead fans as much as I ever have.

Mr. Snyder, please keep Beck for a good 4-5 years. Pretty please.

I think he deserves a shot since we don't have anyone better. Its true he never really got a chance to succeed, he only started 4 games and that was on a 1-15 dolphins team. But really if he was anything special the Ravens would not have traded him to the skins for a practice squad cornerback. At least he should make a good backup.

How come shanny didnt give him a chance to shine last year? you know what you get from grossman.

How come shanny didnt give him a chance to shine last year? you know what you get from grossman.

Beck came in late and missed the majority of training camp, he was still learning the playbook at the end of the year because 3rd string QBs don't get any reps during the week. He said he spent his time preparing for the next opponent, now he knows the offense and will get his chance this year.

And if all else fails, we might have Andrew Luck sitting in our laps :thumbsup:

The skins are interested in signing free agent defensive end Cullen Jenkins once free agency begins according to the Washington Post, and Jenkins has expressed interest in the skins.

I just don't know where he will fit in after they drafted Jarvis Jenkins in the 2nd round, unless they want some competition for him.

The skins are interested in signing free agent defensive end Cullen Jenkins once free agency begins according to the Washington Post, and Jenkins has expressed interest in the skins.

I just don't know where he will fit in after they drafted Jarvis Jenkins in the 2nd round, unless they want some competition for him.

:huh:

IF free agency ever starts up look at three names the redskins will pursue

CB Nnamdi

QB Vince Young (not a free agent but they will still go after him)

DE Cullen Jenkins

Just talked to my "insider"

They will go after Nnamdi and Vince Young hard.

Before they were more inclined to offer Nnamdi a reasonable offer but now I've heard that they might have to over spend to get him and they are willing to do so.

I guess that means carlos is gone for sure.

CB Nnamdi

DE Cullen Jenkins

Before they were more inclined to offer Nnamdi a reasonable offer but now I've heard that they might have to over spend to get him and they are willing to do so.

Are you sure about this? I don't think Shanahan wants Young. He wants a hard working leader as his QB and Young is neither one of those. I don't see it happening. So far Shanahan doesn't have a history of overspending on free agents with us, Nnamdi might be worth it but i don't think they will overpay to get him.

Jenkins has been linked to the skins in the past. That would be a good pick up for them.

VY would help the team, but I dont see him as a leader. I dont see a leader on the skins offense IMO. Mcnabb wont be there, Cooley could be, Same as Moss, but Moss may not be back.

Defense I guess Orapo is a leader, Fletcher is the main guy but he us getting up there in age ( still is a beast tho)

Every team wants Nnamdi. If it goes into a bidding war I hope the eagles dont win that one. Nnamdi is the best but not worth SUPER over paying for. If Rogers could catch he would be a top 5 corner. He isnt as bad as skins fans make him out to be. he just cant catch.

It will be interesting to see who gets him. People like to count out the eagles because they think they are cheap, but they will spend on a FA if they really want them. Runyan, Asante, Kearse,

CB Nnamdi

DE Cullen Jenkins

That's unusual for the skins

Are you sure about this? I don't think Shanahan wants Young. He wants a hard working leader as his QB and Young is neither one of those. I don't see it happening. So far Shanahan doesn't have a history of overspending on free agents with us, Nnamdi might be worth it but i don't think they will overpay to get him.

Well you know how news from the "insiders" go ....

Some people think shanny just leaks these things out so it spreads. Just take a look at the draft. None of the insiders were right

I think the redskins will do exactly what they did last offseason. Just fill up the roster with 1 year vets until they can fill spots through the draft. It will take a couple of seasons but at least we can actually see the redskins contend for once.

Shanny understands this team needs to be gutted for it to work.

Jenkins has been linked to the skins in the past. That would be a good pick up for them.

VY would help the team, but I dont see him as a leader. I dont see a leader on the skins offense IMO. Mcnabb wont be there, Cooley could be, Same as Moss, but Moss may not be back.

Defense I guess Orapo is a leader, Fletcher is the main guy but he us getting up there in age ( still is a beast tho)

Every team wants Nnamdi. If it goes into a bidding war I hope the eagles dont win that one. Nnamdi is the best but not worth SUPER over paying for. If Rogers could catch he would be a top 5 corner. He isnt as bad as skins fans make him out to be. he just cant catch.

It will be interesting to see who gets him. People like to count out the eagles because they think they are cheap, but they will spend on a FA if they really want them. Runyan, Asante, Kearse,

I can see fletcher with the redskins for a few more years just because of the leadership he brings to the defense. Last season was fletcher's first time in a 3-4 and he played well. I don't believe the VY thing and I also don't believe the redskins will be aggressive in free agency. Going by history, one would tend to go by the opposite of what the insiders and media say; when dealing with shanny.

If the redskins are smart they will focus in on the defense and then worry about a QB.

I can see fletcher with the redskins for a few more years just because of the leadership he brings to the defense. Last season was fletcher's first time in a 3-4 and he played well. I don't believe the VY thing and I also don't believe the redskins will be aggressive in free agency. Going by history, one would tend to go by the opposite of what the insiders and media say; when dealing with shanny.

If the redskins are smart they will focus in on the defense and then worry about a QB.

That was not Fletcher's first time in a 3-4. He played in it when he was with the bills.

I don't think the skins would really go after Nnamdi if the cost got too high. You can see a change even with this draft. NFC east was the strongest/ best division in football, If skins can re build and become good again It will be back to be the best.

I remember a few seasons, the worst team in the nfc east finished 8-8 Ive said it a bunch of times. You could take any team from the east and put it in another division and it would win most likely. Especially the west.

I agree, i think the skins will be active in free agency but not so much for Asomugha. I think the offensive line will be their biggest target in FA.