gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

MT @jimwexell: Dan Snyder said on Sirius Radio this week that #Redskins, Steelers had draft day deal in place, but "player was gone" at 16

I wonder who the Steelers wanted at 16? He obviously had to go in the top 15 picks. Could it have been Mike Pouncey?

MT @jimwexell: Dan Snyder said on Sirius Radio this week that #Redskins, Steelers had draft day deal in place, but "player was gone" at 16

I wonder who the Steelers wanted at 16? He obviously had to go in the top 15 picks. Could it have been Mike Pouncey?

Had to have been, Unless it was Quinn. I dont see another player the steelers would have wanted.

Donovan McNabb worst QB in the league last year when under pressure

My link

"Down at the bottom we’ve got Donovan McNabb, and you probably have a better idea why the Redskins haven’t exactly bought into the long time Eagle. When put behind a shaky offensive line, the mistakes kept coming, he threw just two touchdowns compared to seven interceptions when pressured."

Donovan McNabb worst QB in the league last year when under pressure

My link

"Down at the bottom we

And yet the skins fans laughed at us and said what a steal they were getting. McNabb would instantly elevate their team to the playoffs, without question.

I admit i was wrong about McNabb, i thought he would fit in well with Shanahan but i still didn't think the skins were a playoff team. I knew their defense was going to be a mess.

I get that you guys were excited to get a decent QB, but saying he would be the next Elway was just getting comical.

I would love to hear AJ's take on that failure.

I admit i was wrong about McNabb, i thought he would fit in well with Shanahan but i still didn't think the skins were a playoff team. I knew their defense was going to be a mess.

Then you were in the minority. After being in the top 10 for nearly a decade straight, most skins fans I talked to projected them to stay the same or improve, now that they had REAL football folks in charge.

Then you were in the minority. After being in the top 10 for nearly a decade straight, most skins fans I talked to projected them to stay the same or improve, now that they had REAL football folks in charge.

When you go to a 3-4 with only a few players who fit the system in the front 7 you are in for a long season. But i did think our offense would be greatly improved and could take some pressure off of the defense.

When you go to a 3-4 with only a few players who fit the system in the front 7 you are in for a long season.

You know that, and I know that. My in-laws and every other skins fan I talked to, all simply poo-poo'd it.

And yet the skins fans laughed at us and said what a steal they were getting. McNabb would instantly elevate their team to the playoffs, without question.

yet somehow he got #100 on NFL Network's Top 100 for 2011..I guess all it proves is NFL players are really stupid

:roll:

yet somehow he got #100 on NFL Network's Top 100 for 2011..I guess all it proves is NFL players are really stupid

Have you listened to some of these guys?

(I believe it was a player who said the McNabb trade was one of the 10 biggest boneheaded trades in history. He was right, just not the way he meant)

Have you listened to some of these guys?

(I believe it was a player who said the McNabb trade was one of the 10 biggest boneheaded trades in history. He was right, just not the way he meant)

Nah, other than seeing the players listed on message boards after each show, I haven't watched it at all...in fact, other than draft weekend, I haven't really tuned into NFL Network at all...

Cooley said the eagles were stupid for the trade. Lol. Worked out well for him.

I'm never one to give the Eagles any credit, but the fact that Reid willingly chose to trade McNabb within the division speaks volumes to where he felt Donovan was as a player at this stage of his career...very well played by the Eagles/Reid

It proves that rep weighs pretty heavily when picking meaningless lists like that.

Adam Schefter says the skins starting QB job is John Beck's to lose.

Not exactly what Redskin fans had in mind in year 2 of Mike Shanahan, no?

Not exactly what Redskin fans had in mind in year 2 of Mike Shanahan, no?

Not exactly. But i like that he didn't draft a QB just to draft a QB. I think Shanahan has his eye on next year's QB crop. And he might have less competition for a QB in the draft. Who will need a 1st round QB next year?

Bills, Cardinals, Seahawks for sure. Unless one trades for Kolb.

Maybes: Dolphins, Browns, Broncos, Raiders.

Adam Schefter says the skins starting QB job is John Beck's to lose.

Nonchalantly trying to win the Andrew Luck sweepstakes huh?

This just intensified my hatred for Carlos Rogers. I firmly believe he is a bottom-tier starting cornerback with stone hands, and now i just hate his guts.

"I ain't never discounting the Redskins, but my mindset right now is that it's time for a change," said Rogers, "I don't think I've been as appreciated as I should be in that organization, not by everybody. I've always been the No. 2 corner, but I'm the one they put on a guy they want to shut down. I just don't have the interceptions like DeAngelo Hall has and Shawn (Springs, Hall's predecessor) used to have.

"My agent's real confident that I'm going to get a good contract. After [Oakland's Nnamdi Asomugha], who's going to get real big money, I'm the next corner out there. You hear that the Cowboys and Eagles are looking for a corner. It would be fun to play against the Redskins twice a year."

Its funny how he thinks hes the 2nd best cornerback available, hes been terrible for years.

Link

This just intensified my hatred for Carlos Rogers. I firmly believe he is a bottom-tier starting cornerback with stone hands, and now i just hate his guts.

"I ain't never discounting the Redskins, but my mindset right now is that it's time for a change," said Rogers, "I don't think I've been as appreciated as I should be in that organization, not by everybody. I've always been the No. 2 corner, but I'm the one they put on a guy they want to shut down. I just don't have the interceptions like DeAngelo Hall has and Shawn (Springs, Hall's predecessor) used to have.

"My agent's real confident that I'm going to get a good contract. After [Oakland's Nnamdi Asomugha], who's going to get real big money, I'm the next corner out there. You hear that the Cowboys and Eagles are looking for a corner. It would be fun to play against the Redskins twice a year."

Its funny how he thinks hes the 2nd best cornerback available, hes been terrible for years.

Link

Sounds like he is your version of our William James. Except James sucked much, much, much more.

I mean, He is better then anyone else on the team so if you lose him you will have a hole. I could see him in Dallas.

After [Oakland's Nnamdi Asomugha], who's going to get real big money, I'm the next corner out there.

:roll: :roll:

Somewhere, Johnathan Joseph is laughing his a** off.

Hell... inbetween knocking up chicks, somewhere Antonio Cromartie is laughing his a** off.