gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Why would that be poetic justice?

For fleecing them from a 1 and a 4 for a 5.

Adam Schefter says the skins starting QB job is John Beck's to lose.

I LOVE IT!! Last year Skins fans hyped McNabb and look where the team is now. Boneheaded decision not to draft a QB. Maybe Shanny is hoping the Bears get rid of Cutler sooner rather than later.

Wed May 18 05:46am EDT

Redskins going with Beck as starter?

By Mark J. Miller

In 2007-08, quarterback John Beck(notes) appeared in five games for the Miami Dolphins after Trent Green(notes) suffered a concussion and Cleo Lemon(notes) couldn't deliver. He threw for one touchdown while giving up three interceptions. He threw for 559 yards, completing 60 of 107 attempts. He also fumbled the ball seven times, losing it five times.

Still, that was a long time ago. In last year's preseason, he threw two interceptions and two touchdown passes for the Washington Redskins, and then got to watch Donovan McNabb(notes) implode for the rest of the regular season.

Now Beck apparently will get to take the field with the first team once again. ESPN reports that the starting quarterback spot is "his job to lose." The team didn't pick up any QBs in the draft, the site reports, because head coach Mike Shanahan is ready to go with the 29-year-old Beck.

Don't forget to follow Scoop du Jour on Twitter or Facebook.

Source: ESPN

I LOVE IT!! Last year Skins fans hyped McNabb and look where the team is now. Boneheaded decision not to draft a QB. Maybe Shanny is hoping the Bears get rid of Cutler sooner rather than later.

Drafting a QB just to draft a QB would set the team back even farther. You don't take a QB unless you are sure he can be a franchise guy.

I just think its funny how skins fans are acting like Beck will be some awesome QB.

Was at a poker game the other day and a skins fan said Beck could be the next Tom Brady. I laughed right in his face.

I just think its funny how skins fans are acting like Beck will be some awesome QB.

Was at a poker game the other day and a skins fan said Beck could be the next Tom Brady. I laughed right in his face.

He never really had his chance, im definitely hoping he is the next Tom Brady. Brady is a bad comparison though. I prefer to compare Beck to Drew Brees :ph34r:

He has started games tho.

Kevin Kolb has been compared to Brees as well. Which he isnt close.

Kolb will be 27, Beck 30 when the season starts.

He has started games tho.

Kevin Kolb has been compared to Brees as well. Which he isnt close.

Kolb will be 27, Beck 30 when the season starts.

Yeah Beck is older because he took a missionary trip to Portugal.

Yeah Beck is older because he took a missionary trip to Portugal.

. . . and got lost in the Port.

According to research done by the Sacramento Bee, the Redskins, Falcons, and Dolphins have held the most heavily populated player-organized workouts this offseason.

Redskins workouts, organized by London Fletcher, included about 30 players for a two-day session in April and 41 at last week's "minicamp." The Falcons have been running 7-on-7 practices since May 10 with around 30 players showing up for each. Chad Henne and Jake Long have led Dolphins workouts. Meanwhile, the Packers have held no player-organized gatherings at all.

According to research done by the Sacramento Bee, the Redskins, Falcons, and Dolphins have held the most heavily populated player-organized workouts this offseason.

Redskins workouts, organized by London Fletcher, included about 30 players for a two-day session in April and 41 at last week's "minicamp." The Falcons have been running 7-on-7 practices since May 10 with around 30 players showing up for each. Chad Henne and Jake Long have led Dolphins workouts. Meanwhile, the Packers have held no player-organized gatherings at all.

Yet have as good a chance at repeating as any recent NFL Champion due to returning players from injury and the best QB in the game at the moment...

Yet have as good a chance at repeating as any recent NFL Champion due to returning players from injury and the best QB in the game at the moment...

Yeah a team like the packers won't be hurt by missing workouts, the skins will going into their 2nd year in a new offense and defense with a new starting QB.

Top 5 Redskins free agent signings of the 2000s

IMO work outs are nice but hardly important. Dunno how many teams have play books, but some players may not even understand the play book if they are a new system.

Most eagles players have been working out together in philly for majority of the offseason so thats good. Don't have to be going out every day and catching passes.

A lot of guys may not want to risk getting injured. Because if they do its on there dime not the teams.

Donovan McNabb - QB - Redskins

One league source tells CBSSports.com's Pete Prisco that offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan is the reason for Donovan McNabb's falling out with the Redskins.

"I'll tell you why," the source said. "The son doesn't like him." Kyle does like John Beck, however, which is odd considering he and his father opted to play turnover machine Rex Grossman instead of using the month of December as an audition for Beck. Unless the Redskins are embarking on a "Suck for Luck" campaign this year, it's hard to buy Beck as an NFL starter.

Didn't see ya post this one. Just thought I would throw that one out there.

Didn't see ya post this one. Just thought I would throw that one out there.

Yeah this has been known for a long time on extremeskins. Its common knowledge among hardcore skins fans that Kyle was pushing for Grossman to start in training camp even before the season. Mike liked McNabb but his poor work ethic eventually wore thin with him.

This all came to light after McNabb was benched the first time.

Yeah this has been known for a long time on extremeskins. Its common knowledge among hardcore skins fans that Kyle was pushing for Grossman to start in training camp even before the season. Mike liked McNabb but his poor work ethic eventually wore thin with him.

I still don't buy the poor work ethic thing. Maybe an unwillingness to work on his footwork, but laziness on the whole is not something he was accused of through his career.

I still don't buy the poor work ethic thing. Maybe an unwillingness to work on his footwork, but laziness on the whole is not something he was accused of through his career.

When i say work ethic i mean he was unwilling to tweak his footwork and the Shanahans weren't happy that he wasn't the first guy in the building and last guy out, they want that type of work ethic from their QBs.

If he was so high on Beck he should have atleast started him at the end of the season.

And I remember TK telling everyone not to believe the whole Mcnabb benching thing, that it was all a rumor. From what I hear TK Is a really good insider but he was made a fool that day.

When i say work ethic i mean he was unwilling to tweak his footwork and the Shanahans weren't happy that he wasn't the first guy in the building and last guy out, they want that type of work ethic from their QBs.

I told a few of my friends that are skins fans that Mcnabb wouldn't work in Washington. Its nothing against Mcnabb but when you have been in one system and doing the same thing for 11 years then you wont be so quick to change them, and it will be hard for him to learn the new system.

If he was so high on Beck he should have atleast started him at the end of the season.

On the radio Beck was asked that question himself and he said that hes glad he didn't get a chance to start because he didnt really have a good grasp on the offense yet because he was acquired in the middle of pre-season and spent the majority of training camp with the Ravens. During the season they work on gameplans and don't go over offense fundamentals like they would in training camp. He said now he knows the offense and hes hoping to start.

So its possible that they didn't want to throw Beck to the wolves with him uncomfortable in the offense.

Makes sense... But I just think he would have had a better grasp on it being third string. I mean plenty of time to ask ?s

NFL.com article on underrated players. A few NFC East mentions.

"Santana Moss, WR, Redskins

Santana Moss is a free agent, but you wouldn't know it with all the speculation about Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Plaxico Burress and Chad Ochocinco. Santana Moss finished fourth in the NFL last year with 93 receptions and 10th in yardage. He hasn't missed a game in three years, you never hear a peep out of him and he's younger than the guys mentioned above. His six touchdown receptions tied him with Larry Fitzgerald, Santonio Holmes and DeSean Jackson. Santana Moss also had 61 of his 93 receptions for a first down, which was tied for fourth best in the league and more than Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Marques Colston or Dwayne Bowe."

NFL.com article on underrated players. A few NFC East mentions.

"Santana Moss, WR, Redskins

Santana Moss is a free agent, but you wouldn't know it with all the speculation about Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Plaxico Burress and Chad Ochocinco. Santana Moss finished fourth in the NFL last year with 93 receptions and 10th in yardage. He hasn't missed a game in three years, you never hear a peep out of him and he's younger than the guys mentioned above. His six touchdown receptions tied him with Larry Fitzgerald, Santonio Holmes and DeSean Jackson. Santana Moss also had 61 of his 93 receptions for a first down, which was tied for fourth best in the league and more than Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Marques Colston or Dwayne Bowe."

And Andre, Fitz, and Calvin are all better than Moss will ever be.

I'm sure many of you remember Chris Cooley's infamous quote when the Eagles traded Donovan McNabb to the Redskins last year. If you read the site with any regularity, you probably do considering how often Jimmy or I have reminded everyone about it...

"This is one of the top 10 biggest bonehead trades in the history of the NFL."

That wasn't all he said by the way. He also raved about quickly McNabb acclimated and how well he was fitting in.

"It

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/dan-snyder-inspires-drafting-of-congressional-legislation/2011/06/03/AGvv62HH_blog.html

Dan Snyder inspires drafting of Congressional legislation

By Dan Steinberg

Missed this story when it first came out, so in case you did too: Dan Snyder