gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

I think after we get past the rebuilding stage and we lose the Hayneworth-type drama leftovers from Vinny you will see the skins much higher in the rankings.

You might be rebuilding for a while... could be two or three more years. The defense has some talent for a 3-4 (Okrapo) but you have issues with age at DB. Meanwhile you still need a Qb, Rb, WR...

It's just such a mess and I think the Kyle Shannahan thing is going to bite you in the butt.

Not trying to hate but the Skins are such a mess it seems like three good drafts to get them back together.

Snyder has really run that franchise into the ground.

Assuming we draft a QB high next year, 2012 + 3

It makes me sad to type this but I think the Skins will probally be the worst team in the NFL this season (that part makes he smile)

With that being said, they would have the #1 pick in the 2012 draft and most likley Andrew Luck would be sitting there for them to draft. I dont want Andrew Luck in the NFC let alone the Skins in the NFC east :thumbsdown:

It makes me sad to type this but I think the Skins will probally be the worst team in the NFL this season (that part makes he smile)

With that being said, they would have the #1 pick in the 2012 draft and most likley Andrew Luck would be sitting there for them to draft. I dont want Andrew Luck in the NFC let alone the Skins in the NFC east :thumbsdown:

2012 is one year id gladly take being the worst team in the league for the #1 pick.

I don't think you are going to have to worry about Luck going to the Redskins..They should be bad, but I don't think they'll be bad enough to "win" the Andrew Luck sweepstakes

I don't think you are going to have to worry about Luck going to the Redskins..They should be bad, but I don't think they'll be bad enough to "win" the Andrew Luck sweepstakes

Thats what im worried about. If we are going to suck we need to go all in and get that #1 pick.

Thats what im worried about. If we are going to suck we need to go all in and get that #1 pick.

Stupidly, your team might not get the #1 but will trade away like crazy to get luck.

Then probably proceed to get the poor **** killed behind a bad OL and lose a lot with a bad defense.

I dunno... I will try to catch some Luck this fall. He he he.

I'm thinking this because my wife's family are Lions fans. They are in the process of assassinating their QB.

Stupidly, your team might not get the #1 but will trade away like crazy to get luck.

Then probably proceed to get the poor **** killed behind a bad OL and lose a lot with a bad defense.

I dunno... I will try to catch some Luck this fall. He he he.

I'm thinking this because my wife's family are Lions fans. They are in the process of assassinating their QB.

Lets see how we do in 2011 before we start making 2012 predictions. For all we know the defense could turn around this year and im expecting the skins to sign an offensive lineman or two in free agency. We have at least 2 off-seasons to add pieces before our future rookie QB takes a snap behind center.

Lets see how we do in 2011 before we start making 2012 predictions. For all we know the defense could turn around this year and im expecting the skins to sign an offensive lineman or two in free agency. We have at least 2 off-seasons to add pieces before our future rookie QB takes a snap behind center.

You will have to sign a couple O-Lineman this FA period. You can't possible go into the season with the same steaming pile of O-Line you had last year. I'm not sure if the guys you sign are the long term goal, depends on who is available. That being said, I"m not sure if the guys you sign now are going to be the same ones protecting Luck at some point NEXT year. If you had drafted an O-lineman before the 7th, then I would believe in the skins desire to get the ship righted more than I do now. It still feels like the same old Vinny/Danny blindly throwing darts at a board at this point. With the exception of making draft picks versus throwing/trading them away for peanuts.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I don't see the skins doing it the "right" way. Ignoring the O-Line that struggles do mightily, tells me that they are at least two years away from being a solidly mediocre, with potential, team.

You will have to sign a couple O-Lineman this FA period. You can't possible go into the season with the same steaming pile of O-Line you had last year. I'm not sure if the guys you sign are the long term goal, depends on who is available. That being said, I"m not sure if the guys you sign now are going to be the same ones protecting Luck at some point NEXT year. If you had drafted an O-lineman before the 7th, then I would believe in the skins desire to get the ship righted more than I do now. It still feels like the same old Vinny/Danny blindly throwing darts at a board at this point. With the exception of making draft picks versus throwing/trading them away for peanuts.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I don't see the skins doing it the "right" way. Ignoring the O-Line that struggles do mightily, tells me that they are at least two years away from being a solidly mediocre, with potential, team.

We are set at left tackle, and i have a very strong feeling that the skins will sign Ryan Harris to start at right tackle. Then i think they will make a play for Davin Joseph to upgrade one of the guard positions. I think they also could go after Marshal Yanda from the Ravens to play guard. Will Montgomery actually graded out as the 10th best pass protecting guard in the NFL last season at right guard.

And i would love to see them sign Lyle Sendlein from the Cardinals to upgrade center.

My predictions:

1. Ryan Harris signs and starts at right tackle

2. They go after Marshal Yanda, Davin Joseph, and Lyle Sendlein but only are able to get one, i guess Sendlein.

Starting o-line next year is Trent Williams - Kory Lichtensteiger - Lyle Sendlein - Will Montgomery - Ryan Harris

We are set at left tackle, and i have a very strong feeling that the skins will sign Ryan Harris to start at right tackle. Then i think they will make a play for Davin Joseph to upgrade one of the guard positions. I think they also could go after Marshal Yanda from the Ravens to play guard. Will Montgomery actually graded out as the 10th best pass protecting guard in the NFL last season at right guard.

And i would love to see them sign Lyle Sendlein from the Cardinals to upgrade center.

My predictions:

1. Ryan Harris signs and starts at right tackle

2. They go after Marshal Yanda, Davin Joseph, and Lyle Sendlein but only are able to get one, i guess Sendlein.

Starting o-line next year is Trent Williams - Kory Lichtensteiger - Lyle Sendlein - Will Montgomery - Ryan Harris

That would be a very aggressive move signing two starters. If you ONLY had to replace KL after next season, then it could be done by the time Luck rolls into town. I just doubt you get two solid O-Linemen in FA. I'm guessing more along the lines of getting one starter and another guy who needs to be replaced in 1-2-3 years. But if you can add 1 solid starter per year, and find some hidden gems along the way, it could work out next year. I just have little faith, given what I've seen the skin throw out there the last couple of years.

That would be a very aggressive move signing two starters. If you ONLY had to replace KL after next season, then it could be done by the time Luck rolls into town. I just doubt you get two solid O-Linemen in FA. I'm guessing more along the lines of getting one starter and another guy who needs to be replaced in 1-2-3 years. But if you can add 1 solid starter per year, and find some hidden gems along the way, it could work out next year. I just have little faith, given what I've seen the skin throw out there the last couple of years.

Sendlein will be expensive but Harris could come cheaper because he has been injury prone, but when hes healthy he is an above average starter. Although its very possible they add 1 starter and then sign another backup swing type tackle.

I told skins fans that Brown would fail.

By the end of the year he was playing pretty well and theres a chance he re-signs with the skins but he wants to play left tackle and if another team gives him that opportunity he will leave. It just took him a while to get over his hip injury.

I think the defense could be decent but the key to a 3-4 is getting a NT. Tough to do. Also not sure about the FS after Landry.

Just often you have to blow the entire roster up.

Trent Williams, Okrapo, Landry are three good players to build around. If the team is more careful with the draft and FA.. It's possible. The problem is Danny will go all hot and bothered to get rid of Carlos Rogers, who is decent, and screw up the cap with Asomugha (sp) or something like that. Or fall in love with a skill player.

Dan Snyder is the gift that keeps on giving for the rest of the league.

By the end of the year he was playing pretty well and theres a chance he re-signs with the skins but he wants to play left tackle and if another team gives him that opportunity he will leave. It just took him a while to get over his hip injury.

Giving up a draft pick for a player you dont want him to take all season to start playing good. Skins fans saw he was a probowl player at one point, but ignored the fact he was injured. Again not saying you were like this but a lot were. I remember hearing " The skins just robbed the saints" Not so sure about that. Saints didn't miss a beat while the skins were rotating Brown with Heyer the entire year.

the skins oline sucks = season sucks

Eagles o line sucks = playoffs

Giving up a draft pick for a player you dont want him to take all season to start playing good. Skins fans saw he was a probowl player at one point, but ignored the fact he was injured. Again not saying you were like this but a lot were. I remember hearing " The skins just robbed the saints" Not so sure about that. Saints didn't miss a beat while the skins were rotating Brown with Heyer the entire year.

the skins oline sucks = season sucks

Eagles o line sucks = playoffs

I don't know, i think the Saints missed Brown at left tackle. Jermon Bushrod is a very average player in my opinion.

Brown didn't play a single game in the 2009 season when they won the superbowl, so it wasnt apart of that. So they deff didn't really miss him.

Brown didn't play a single game in the 2009 season when they won the superbowl, so it wasnt apart of that. So they deff didn't really miss him.

Yeah, Brees' really helps out that line but i think Brown is the more talented player.

Redskins NEED to spend 45 million to hit the cap floor according to John claytin

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?349146-John-Claytin-redskins-need-to-spend-45-million-to-hit-cap-floor

First time in a long while I've see the redskins actually need to spend money to reach the cap floor.

They already have a contract with O.J. Atogwe, I'm wondering who else they'll get.

Redskins NEED to spend 45 million to hit the cap floor according to John claytin

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?349146-John-Claytin-redskins-need-to-spend-45-million-to-hit-cap-floor

First time in a long while I've see the redskins actually need to spend money to reach the cap floor.

They already have a contract with O.J. Atogwe, I'm wondering who else they'll get.

Landry will probably get an extension. And i dont think its set in stone that there will even be a cap floor or what the number will be.

Fletch is on the last year of his deal too but he is getting pretty old.

Sendlein will be expensive but Harris could come cheaper because he has been injury prone, but when hes healthy he is an above average starter. Although its very possible they add 1 starter and then sign another backup swing type tackle.

Much closer to the realm of possibility, IMHO.

Landry will probably get an extension. And i dont think its set in stone that there will even be a cap floor or what the number will be.

Fletch is on the last year of his deal too but he is getting pretty old.

That is/was one of the main points in the new deal. Players gave up % based on the cap floor. There are obviously not enough FA to make up that difference - I say this because so few teams are over the cap compared to prior years, and teams really did a number on the salary with the uncapped year last year.

It will be in there, gar-aun-teed.