gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

John Clayton said two days ago the top priority for the Skins is Santonio Holmes.

According to the ES insiders those are the skins free agent plans (i posted above) and if they are right then Holmes definitely wont be in the picture.

A link to my compilation of 2010 skins players stats based on Pro Football Focus' ratings. Eagles fans might be surprised to find out that Quintin Mikell was the highest rated safety in 2010.

Link

A link to my compilation of 2010 skins players stats based on Pro Football Focus' ratings. Eagles fans might be surprised to find out that Quintin Mikell was the highest rated safety in 2010.

Link

Yeah there was a few threads about that a little while back.

Personally I would like him to re sign with the birds but it is what it is.

Yeah there was a few threads about that a little while back.

Personally I would like him to re sign with the birds but it is what it is.

According to Pro Football Focus he was the #1 safety last year in both coverage and run support. Glad he will be leaving the East! Unless of course he signs with the Cowboys.

And yet he didn't grab the fumble that was right in his arms during the packers game.

So i was thinking today and heres a minor free agent signing i could see the skins make that no one is talking about. The skins add a veteran RB to their young group who can come in and push Keiland Williams for the 3rd down back job: Brandon Jackson.

I wonder where Brandon Jacobs will go. Jacobs + Torrain talk about a 1+2 combo with power.

I wonder where Brandon Jacobs will go. Jacobs + Torrain talk about a 1+2 combo with power.

I think he will restructure and stay with the Giants

this...he has already said that he is open to restructuring

Glad to hear Jacobs is going to stay with the Giants. I was afraid they were going to upgrade, but this is welcome news.

Stand-up guy. Most people wait until after the Redskins sign them to a mega-deal to quit.

My link

Interesting, i wonder if they go harder after Aubrayo Franklin now since the cheap option is off the table.

ProFootballFocus: Missed Tackles 2008-2010: NFC East Edition

Defensive Line Best Tacklers

10. Kedric Golston - Redskins

Defensive Line Worst Tacklers

9. Jaqua Parker - Eagles

Linebackers Best Tacklers

3. Bradie James - Cowboys

7. DeMarcus Ware - Cowboys

Linebackers Worst Tacklers

9. Ernie Sims - Eagles

Defensive Backs Best Tacklers

4. OJ Atogwe - Redskins

9. Kenny Phillips - Giants

Defensive Backs Worst Tacklers

1. Asante Samuel - Eagles

One that list tells me, on average, is good players can't tackle and bad ones can.

They may have little choice but to keep him as insurance in the event they lose Bradshaw.

Bradshaw is hands down the best FA RB available and there's no way Drew Rosenhaus has him resign without at least waiting until after the 3-day exclusive negotiating window passes to see what other offers are out there.

I could easily see a team like the Buccs (who have an ungodly 60M to spend) letting Cadilac walk as an FA and going hard after him and there's not another team in the league that has the cap space to beat them in a bidding war.

They may have little choice but to keep him as insurance in the event they lose Bradshaw.

Bradshaw is hands down the best FA RB available and there's no way Drew Rosenhaus has him resign without at least waiting until after the 3-day exclusive negotiating window passes to see what other offers are out there.

I could easily see a team like the Buccs (who have an ungodly 60M to spend) letting Cadilac walk as an FA and going hard after him and there's not another team in the league that has the cap space to beat them in a bidding war.

You like Bradshaw better than Deangelo Williams?

You like Bradshaw better than Deangelo Williams?

They're both very good but Bradshaw is 3 years younger and the much tougher runner. Williams is very quick and elusive but you can't pound the ball between the tackles with him, that's why they have Stewart.

Plus all I've heard down here all summer is that Carolina's top FA priorities are to resign Johnson and Williams because their plan is to rely heavily on running the ball (supposedly that's why the franchised Kalil) and play strong D while they wait for Newton to develop. They also have 30M under the cap to spend.

I just don't see many top FAs (especially those from teams that have to cut players and resturture existing deals just to get under the cap) resigning without at least testing the market and once they're out there some team could throw ridiculous cash at them that would just be too good to pass up.

So anyone who is just assuming that their team will be able to resign player X no problem may be in for a rude awakening.

ProFootballFocus: Missed Tackles 2008-2010: NFC East Edition

Defensive Line Best Tacklers

10. Kedric Golston - Redskins

Defensive Line Worst Tacklers

9. Jaqua Parker - Eagles

Linebackers Best Tacklers

3. Bradie James - Cowboys

7. DeMarcus Ware - Cowboys

Linebackers Worst Tacklers

9. Ernie Sims - Eagles

Defensive Backs Best Tacklers

4. OJ Atogwe - Redskins

9. Kenny Phillips - Giants

Defensive Backs Worst Tacklers

1. Asante Samuel - Eagles

Sims is gone, Parker isnt a starter, Asante has never been a tackler, he gets the INT's and shuts his man down.

Eagles still won the east and made the play offs.

Sims is gone, Parker isnt a starter, Asante has never been a tackler, he gets the INT's and shuts his man down.

Eagles still won the east and made the play offs.

Samuel misses a tackle every 4.33 attempts, that is atrocious.