gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

I'll give haynesworth credit, that conditioning test sounds alot harder than the one Terrence Cody failed in Baltimore

Shanahan busting Haynesworth's ball's???

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...ditioning-test/

NBC Sports - Pro Football TalkHardballTalkProBasketballTalkOut of BoundsNBC Sports - College Football TalkProHockeyTalkInside the IrishHomeLatest News & Rumors

Fantasy MillPFTV SegmentsTurd Watch

Police BlotterSuspensionsTeams

AFC Teams

BaltimoreBuffaloCincinnatiClevelandDenverHoustonIndianapolisJacksonvilleKansas CityMiamiNew EnglandNY JetsOaklandPittsburghSan DiegoTennesseeNFC Teams

ArizonaAtlantaCarolinaChicagoDallasDetroitGreen BayMinnesotaNew OrleansNY GiantsPhiladelphiaSt. LouisSan FranciscoSeattleTampa BayWashingtonDraft

Draft Order ChartDraft Trade ChartCFTOther Stuff

Live BlogsRadio ScheduleAbout

ContactFeedsAdvertisingPrivacy PolicyPFT GearHaynesworth, Shanahan exchange words after failed conditioning test

Posted by Mike Florio on July 29, 2010 4:14 PM ET

We've been very critical -- and rightfully so -- of Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, whose refusal to attempt to earn more than $30 million he has been paid by the team was punctuated by a decision not to show up for a mandatory minicamp.

But it's important to remember that Haynesworth isn't exactly beating up on a singing-impaired choir boy. Coach Mike Shanahan has, in our estimation, taken a few liberties with reality when it comes to the Haynesworth situation, and we're now beginning to believe that Shanahan intentionally gave Haynesworth a conditioning test that Shanahan knew he would fail.

Per a league source (and forgive me if someone else has reported this, but power is out at our undisclosed beach location and I'm trying to conserve the battery in my laptop and my Sprint mobile hot spot, which is performing incredibly well during an intense barrage of lightning), Haynesworth completed the assigned pair of 300-yard shuttle runs, but Shanahan then decided that he had too much rest between the two attempts, due to a bathroom break.

The source says that Shanahan told Haynesworth that he "needed to get in shape." Haynesworth then said that he couldn't have completed three 300-yard shuttle runs even in his Pro Bowl/All-Pro years.

Said Shanahan in response, "I guess you have never been in shape then." (It's unknown whether Shanahan then said, "Boom. Roasted.")

It's currently our understanding that Haynesworth was the only lineman required to pass the conditioning test. Though some may contend that those who participated in the offseason program earned an exemption, it's our understanding that the test is imposed to ensure that the player is ready to withstand the rigors of training camp. Just because the rest of the players participated in the offseason program, which concluded more than a month ago, doesn't mean they're still in shape. So all of them should have to pass it, or none of them should be expected to try.

Shanahan just owned fat albert.

137425185-ef2e6b369c11af3e3e94e216d6a4b4

After practice big Al came out for a light workout.

He looks to be in pretty good shape. This was all about letting EVERYONE know who's in charge.

I'll bet Haynesworth passes the test tomorrow and practices with the team,UNLESS he acts like

a baby about it. Shanny made his point, it should be all over with tomorrow.

Hes not really a bust in the sense that he didnt play well. He was a difference maker on the field last year but if i could go back in time and prevent the signing i would. Its just become way too much of a headache.

You'll be saying that again about someone else in about 2 years.

Great, great McNabb quote

"One message I try to send to these guys after being in Philadelphia, obviously the expectations every year are high, and I think you have to make them high. You have to set goals that are high and are attainable for yourself. And for this team, all of us have that same goal and that's to win a Super Bowl. I think in order for us to do that, we have to come out on this field and be very effective in game situation. Be very methodical on the offensive side, defense, everyone reading their keys and doing the right things and playing off of the guy next to you. I think for this team, the attitude is a lot different from what I understand than it has been over the past couple of years. I think when we get a chance to get out on the field, people will begin to see that."

Trent Williams deal likely to be done tonight or early tomorrow morning.

cool and Will Robinson was an eye opener starting at left tackle in his stead.

didn't know the staff was so high up on the guy..

cool and Will Robinson was an eye opener starting at left tackle in his stead.

didn't know the staff was so high up on the guy..

And they must really not like Heyer. Robinson was on the skins practice squad last year right? Do you know where Selvish Capers lined up?

And they must really not like Heyer. Robinson was on the skins practice squad last year right? Do you know where Selvish Capers lined up?

I believe they are keeping Hayer as Browns backup on the right side, IF he makes the team.

Capers IDK.

Shanny said today that the Skins would release former 1st round o-lineman, Mike Williams. Williams was expected to start but had blood clots on his lungs and is done for the season.

Shanny said today that the Skins would release former 1st round o-lineman, Mike Williams. Williams was expected to start but had blood clots on his lungs and is done for the season.

Yep, poor guy. worked his butt off to get back in the NFL only to have this happen.

BTW the team changed it to the PUP/list. I'm not up on the rules but this allows him

to still get paid. right?

Big Al failed his test again this morning and will not practice with the team.

This maybe the biggest doghouse in the history of the world lol.

Awesome to see Williams in camp this morning. Like orakpo he only missed the first day of camp. Makes you wonder why the skins cant just push harder to get this **** done 1 more day in advance.

Anyway, i was waiting for williams to sign before i go to skins training camp. ill probably go down there at least once next week.

Awesome to see Williams in camp this morning. Like orakpo he only missed the first day of camp. Makes you wonder why the skins cant just push harder to get this **** done 1 more day in advance.

Anyway, i was waiting for williams to sign before i go to skins training camp. ill probably go down there at least once next week.

i live too far away so i can never go to camp. my kid will be off to college next year so maybe i'll plan a trip.....

or just go to vegas

Donovan is going to get killed playing behind this offensive line

If they stay healthy i dont think it will be that bad. Definitely much much better than last years line but they still have work to do. They will probably draft a guard or center high next year. probably with that 2nd round pick.