gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

What I've noticed while watching ESPN is now that Albert is a Patriot all they do is show highlights of last season. The 5 or 6 highlights Haynesworth had and just rotate them over and over again.

But before the trade when they talked about the redskins and Haynesworth they showed him laying down and taking breaks.

Belichick is a great coach but he's not going to get through to Albert, the guy is just a horrible person. He's going to screw them too; albert just doesn't give a crap.

Plus the fact that most of Albert's family consists of redskin fans and they couldn't get him play nice.

what will belichick do differently than shanny did? Belichick is probably a worse hardass than shanny

As an Eagles fan, this is win/win. Albert blow up the skins chemistry for a season+, now he's going to go do the same to the cheating Pats.

:groovy:

Cullen Jenkin's agent drove his price tag up too high. Skins sign cowboys DE Stephen Bowen instead. Much better signing anyway: younger, just as good, and cheaper.

Stephen Bowen: 5 years $27.5 Million

Cullen Jenkin's agent drove his price tag up too high. Skins sign cowboys DE Stephen Bowen instead. Much better signing anyway: younger, just as good, and cheaper.

Stephen Bowen: 5 years $27.5 Million

not just as good yet, but "potentially" as good.. you bastids!

:lol:

actually that cat is an up and comer, Dallas really wanted to keep him. Good move by the skins, unless Dallas goes out and sign Cullen Jenkins now, I'm pissed.

According to Pro Football Focus, Jenkins was the 2nd best 3-4 defensive end in the league last year, with Bowen right behind him at 3rd. Jenkins is a pure pass rusher but Bowen is much better against the run.

Chris Russell on Twitter:

In addition to Brandyn Thompson, I hear the #Redskins are in pursuit of a specific cornerback right now. They need another one.

Nate Clements?

So NFL Network was half-right. Skins are on a spending spree but the money has been spread around to a lot of different players.

well that, and they are young players, which is the biggest difference when you think about the things that got them into trouble in years past.

Rocca was a HUGE signing for the skins. With the offense they are rolling out, they are going to need a good punter.

well that, and they are young players, which is the biggest difference when you think about the things that got them into trouble in years past.

Yeah good to see. Its funny how i was just praising Stephen Bowen in that all-star thread i made a few days ago and now he signs with the skins. Maybe he read it? He is a better signing than Cullen Jenkins would have been.

From ES insiders twitter:

Look for about 8 - 10 more moves. We are also waiting for some cuts to see what pops up.

Damn!

They'll still be 0-1 after Week 1

:ph34r:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/redskins-have-plenty-of-cap-space-after-trading-albert-haynesworth-cutting-veterans/2011/07/28/gIQA5NpJfI_blog.html

redskins are 34 million under the cap EVEN after the current signing of Bowen

They still have a few more moves they could make

Yeah what other 30+ WR can they sign?

Yeah what other 30+ WR can they sign?

The only one they gave decent money to was Moss. Everyone else got a 1 year deal for probably very close to the veteran minimum. Gaffney is making $2.4 million this year.

With the additions of Stallworth, Gaffney, Stokley and Rocca; the skins plan on unveiling the "gun and punt" offense, which uses the pass to set up the punt.

their defense could be good though, if they can get everyone on the same page in time

When the new cba stated that each team had to spend 99% of their cap space, Snyder promptly got out of his chair, went to the restroom, and proceeded to jerk his **** crayon and paint the stalls white.

When the new cba stated that each team had to spend 99% of their cap space, Snyder promptly got out of his chair, went to the restroom, and proceeded to jerk his **** crayon and paint the stalls white.

:roll::roll:

You guys just gave $20 million to Chris f'ing Chester. :roll:

I don't how I would've gotten through the season without comedy like this.

Don't like the Chester signing. Easily the worst signing the skins have made this year. He is a decent player but they overpaid..and what happened to Harvey Dahl?? He would have been way better.

According to PFF: Chester was the 23rd rated guard last year. Above average pass blocker but below average run blocker.

There are some rumors on Extremeskins that Chester's contract may not be guaranteed and he might not make the team. We have to wait and see on the contract details.

Ive got a bet for anyone who cares - I'm betting John Beck will have a better year than Kevin Kolb in Arizona. And Beck will be playing in a much tougher division.