gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Thats because Shayne Graham missed a 27 yard field goal.

Yeah but the thing is, the Skins drove the ball down the field and came away with ZERO POINTS. Rex couldn't put the ball in the endzone after good drive and even the kicker missed the FG. This against the Steelers starters. The Skins moved the ball very well, Grossman racked up alot of yards in the first half but one td.

Bottom line: Skins 0 points vs. Steelers starters, Steelers backups 7 points vs. Skins starters

It's the same garbage every year. Alot are bragging about beating the Steelers just like they bragged about Colt Brennan tearing up the backups.

Whos bragging? I just said i thought the skins played very well for the first pre-season game against better than average competition in the Steelers.

And honestly is there anything worse than a Steelers fan? I read an article where a Pittsburgh writer was bashing the Redskins saying they were celebrating too much for a pre-season game and to "enjoy our 7 wins this year". Sounds like a sore loser and pissed because his Steelers came out looking like they didn't care and laid an egg.

Yes, a redskins fan. The typical one can't name more than two players on each of other NFC East teams. I live in the DC burbs and all my in-laws are skins fans. It's 100% correct. Unless a skins fan plays fantasy football, they know squat. WORST NFL fans in the nation.

Yes, a redskins fan. The typical one can't name more than two players on each of other NFC East teams. I live in the DC burbs and all my in-laws are skins fans. It's 100% correct. Unless a skins fan plays fantasy football, they know squat. WORST NFL fans in the nation.

Let me rephrase, whats worse a Steelers fan or CountBlah? :ph34r:

Let me rephrase, whats worse a Steelers fan or CountBlah? :ph34r:

The answer will always be - A typical skins fan.

And honestly is there anything worse than a Steelers fan? I read an article where a Pittsburgh writer was bashing the Redskins saying they were celebrating too much for a pre-season game and to "enjoy our 7 wins this year". Sounds like a sore loser and pissed because his Steelers came out looking like they didn't care and laid an egg.

I can agree with you there. One of the bars I frequent is filled with Steelers fans. They're arrogant as hell and I've never met a fanbase so high and mighty.

That's a complement...Redskins? 7 wins? HAHA.

One of the bars I frequent is filled with Steelers fans. They're arrogant as hell and I've never met a fanbase so high and mighty.

Well, they kinda have an excuse, plussing as how they've won like 546 Super Bowls and lost like 212 of them. You kinda earn some 'high and mighty' when your team is soooooooooooo frickin' successfull.

Can you imagine how obnoxious us Iggle fans would be if we had just one frikin' Lombardi Trophy!? JUST ONE!!

Redskins running back James Davis has abruptly left training camp, without telling anyone where he was going.

Coach Mike Shanahan is asking anyone who knows where Davis is to let the Redskins know.

“If you see him, let me know because I’m wondering where he was at, too,” Shanahan said. “Missing in action.”

ESPN 980 reported that Davis left after getting into an argument with a coach about playing time. Davis did not get on the field for the team’s preseason opener against the Steelers.

Davis probably wasn’t going to make the team anyway, as he was fifth on the depth chart at running back.

A sixth-round draft pick of the Browns in 2009, Davis played in six games over two seasons for the Browns, then played in three games for the Redskins after the Browns cut him during the 2010 season.

Wow, everything you said is completely based on past stereotypes.

nothing will change your mind, so its just a waste of time for me to try and explain anything because you're just speculating.

what are you talking about? Name one good young player on offense that has superstar not just good player potential?

He was being generous.

what are you talking about? Name one good young player on offense that has superstar not just good player potential?

I'm sure he'll throw out Ryan "Strain" Torain or Brandon "Bleeding" Banks

Hankerson has superstar potential. Some analysts had him ranked as high as the 3rd best receiver this year. He broke Michael Irvin's single season TD reception record at Miami and had 100 yards and a TD in the senior bowl.

The redskins are full of 2nd team talent. But that is not a new philosophy, the steelers, patriots and greenbay do it too.

While shanny was out of football he decided to research the Pats and Steelers organizations for a year. Both teams allowed him to scout their teams (Don't ask me why).

He believes filling the roster with B team talent gives a team two things, one is amazing depth and chemistry (there isn't a star player)

Sure the redskins don't have the great offensive weapon on the team but they have three santana moss like WRs, (Armstrong, Moss, and Gaffney)

The problem with that philosophy is the need for a legitimate QB, that can carry a team over the top. All three teams I mentioned have no real big stars on offense except their QB.

The redskins can compete with teams but until a good QB is had by the redskins, 10-6 or 11-5 will be the plateau and maybe a playoff win as indicated by Shanny's years without Elway.

The redskins are full of 2nd team talent. But that is not a new philosophy, the steelers, patriots and greenbay do it too.

While shanny was out of football he decided to research the Pats and Steelers organizations for a year. Both teams allowed him to scout their teams (Don't ask me why).

He believes filling the roster with B team talent gives a team two things, one is amazing depth and chemistry (there isn't a star player)

Sure the redskins don't have the great offensive weapon on the team but they have three santana moss like WRs, (Armstrong, Moss, and Gaffney)

The problem with that philosophy is the need for a legitimate QB, that can carry a team over the top. All three teams I mentioned have no real big stars on offense except their QB.

The redskins can compete with teams but until a good QB is had by the redskins, 10-6 or 11-5 will be the plateau and maybe a playoff win as indicated by Shanny's years without Elway.

Yeah, those packers and Patriots sure do stock up on 2nd team talent with Rodgers, Brady, Welker, Jennings, Jones, Finley, Matthews, Mayo, McCourty, Mankins, Raji, Woodson, etc...

The Redskins 1st team talent consists of: Orakpo, Atogwe and...? :whistle:

Hankerson has superstar potential. Some analysts had him ranked as high as the 3rd best receiver this year. He broke Michael Irvin's single season TD reception record at Miami and had 100 yards and a TD in the senior bowl.

I think Hankerson has all the potential in the world, I like him a lot actually. Really sucks that he has to start his career being thrown to by Beck and Sexy Rexy.

Ah well, he'll have Luck next year.

Yeah, those packers and Patriots sure do stock up on 2nd team talent with Rodgers, Brady, Welker, Jennings, Jones, Finley, Matthews, Mayo, McCourty, Mankins, Raji, Woodson, etc...

The Redskins 1st team talent consists of: Orakpo, Atogwe and...? :whistle:

And the Steelers troy polomalu, Harrison, Woodley, Smith Ward,

I think Hankerson has all the potential in the world, I like him a lot actually. Really sucks that he has to start his career being thrown to by Beck and Sexy Rexy.

Ah well, he'll have Luck next year.

Today and yesterday at practice he has been doing pretty well. Hasn't dropped a pass in a few days and hes said to look good running routes. He still will probably only be our 4th receiver this year with the Gaffney addition.

And the Steelers troy polomalu, Harrison, Woodley, Smith Ward,

Thank you for your contribution Mike. :thumbsup: Totally forgot to put their guys in there.

Today and yesterday at practice he has been doing pretty well. Hasn't dropped a pass in a few days and hes said to look good running routes. He still will probably only be our 4th receiver this year with the Gaffney addition.

I wouldn't rush him into it. He's the best offensive player you've drafted in years you don't want to ruin it. I think he should be the slot guy easily. Gaffney is ok, but I think someone of Hankersons talent can step in right away.