gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

I bet that Beck will completely choke tonight.

I think he's all talk and the starting job will go to Rex, who deserves it.

No, you really can't.

2010:

49'ers go 4-0 in preseason, 6-10 regular season

Bears go 0-4 in preseason, 11-5 in regular season, host NFCCG

Chiefs go 1-3 in preseason, 10-6 in regular season, AFCW Champs

Colts go 0-4 in preseason, 10-6 in regular season, AFCS Champs

Eagles go 2-2 in preseason, 10-6 in regular season, NFCE champs

In fact, the only team that "won" their division in the pre-season and then went on to win their division in the regular season was the Atlanta Falcons.

2009:

Dolphins go 4-0 in preseason, 7-9 in regular season

Bengals go 2-2 in preseason, 10-6 in regular season, AFCN champs

Colts go 1-3 in pre-season, 14-2 in regular season, AFCS champs, lost SB

Lions go 3-1 in preseason, 2-14 in regular season

Cardinals go 0-4 in preseason, 10-6 in regular season, NFCW champs

Eagles go 1-3 in preseason, 11-5 in regular season, wild card

2008:

Patriots go 0-4 preseason, 11-5 regular season

Ravens go 1-3 in preseason, 11-5 in regular season, wild card

Colts go 1-4 in preseason, 12-4 regular season, wild card

Giants go 2-2 in preseason, 12-4 in regular season, NFCE champs

Vikings go 1-3 in preseason, 10-6 in regular season, NFCN champs

Panthers go 2-2 in preseason, 12-4 in regular season, NFCS champs

Cardinals go 2-2 in preseason, 9-7 in regular season, NFCW champs, lost SB

Eagles go 2-2 in preseason, 9-6-1 in regular season, wild card

2007:

Patriots go 2-2 in preseason, 16-0 in regular season, AFCE champs, lost SB

Jets go 3-1 in preseason, 4-12 in regular season

Colts go 1-3 in preseason, 13-3 in regular season, AFCS champs

Giants go 1-3 in preseason, 10-6 in regular season, wild card, SB champs

Packers go 2-2 in preseason, 13-3 in regular season, NFCN champs

Falcons 3-1 in preseason, 4-12 in regular season

I think the pattern kind of speaks for itself here. Preseason doesn't mean ****.

I was definitely not talking about wins and losses. I'm talking about how first team offenses and defenses look. If your first team offense looks terrible in pre-season chances are its going to suck that year.

people always resort to preseason wins and losses to deflect how awful their first stringers looked. there are a total of 16 quarters in a preseason. first stringers are lucky to play in 6 of them. the backups contribute way more to the actual preseason record then the starters.

Well I was wrong, lol

Beck looked sharp as hell, like he's been playing this offense forever. Never imagined he would have such a quick release. amazingly he played better than Rex did last week.

Have to give credit to shanny this guy can still coach.

for the first time in a REALLY long time, i actually have confidence with the redskins going into a season.

Looks like we'll actually give the giants a game.

The eagles first team offense looked like complete crap last preseason. I only really look to see how the young guys play. Its kind of hard to judge when there really isn't a game plan. Our defense changed personnel every down lol. I doubt that will happen in the reg season.

Once again I didn't see the skinks game so I don't know they played, but anyone can best the colts with out manning. Its shocking they haven't.invested in a good backup

Beck looked pretty solid - the running game looks like it may be much improved from last year.

But the one thing thats concerning to me: red zone offense. We got inside the 20 four times and left with only 1 TD. Its the same thing that plagued us last year, negative plays in the redzone. We get to the 10 yard line and we give up a sack or we run for a loss. It seems like teams know what we are calling as soon as we make it there.

We dominated the Steelers and Colts statistically in every category but we haven't cracked 20 points in a game yet. If the redzone offense doesn't improve then our offense is going to struggle again. I think we just need better playcalling, no more screens or delayed draws. They never seem to work for us there.

Big positives from the game:

-Kerrigan gets his first sack and it was because of his constant hustle and motor

-Terrence Austin played with the ones a lot and made some big time catches

-Donte Stallworth - all he does is make catches and get first downs

-The rookie Brandyn Thompson got his first pick and it was because of his excellent coverage.

Biggest test is next week against those rats....

Hate playing Baltimore, they take the rivalry was too seriously. Even their coach gets into it.

Still, I know those **** game plan, it was evident last season. they pulled trick plays, went for it on 4th down a couple of times. Plus when they beat the skins Harbaugh makes it a point to brag about it.

Funny though, redskin fans and even the media don't give to cents.

I guess I'd be pissed off too, if I were a raven's fan and all hear and see on TV was about the redskins. They're probably sick and tired hearing about Beck vs Rex.

Single_Ladies_Reid_O-Face.gif

lol, the dancing makes the camera move....

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

LMFAO! LMFAO! LMFAO! LMFAO! LMFAO! LMFAO! LMFAO! LMFAO! LMFAO! LMFAO!

Biggest test is next week against those rats....

Hate playing Baltimore, they take the rivalry was too seriously. Even their coach gets into it.

Still, I know those **** game plan, it was evident last season. they pulled trick plays, went for it on 4th down a couple of times. Plus when they beat the skins Harbaugh makes it a point to brag about it.

Funny though, redskin fans and even the media don't give to cents.

I guess I'd be pissed off too, if I were a raven's fan and all hear and see on TV was about the redskins. They're probably sick and tired hearing about Beck vs Rex.

Not really, all that talk is about how dysfunctional they are :groovy:

Well I was wrong, lol

Beck looked sharp as hell, like he's been playing this offense forever. Never imagined he would have such a quick release. amazingly he played better than Rex did last week.

Have to give credit to shanny this guy can still coach.

for the first time in a REALLY long time, i actually have confidence with the redskins going into a season.

Looks like we'll actually give the giants a game.

isn't that what you guys said last year with McNabb at the helm? Shanny is not going to do it this year, that's for sure!

Skins - I have a uniform criticism. Please don't wear those maroon pants anymore. Just white or yellow pants. Everything else, your doing just fiiiiiiiiiiiiine.

Kthnx.

I bet that Beck will completely choke tonight.

I think he's all talk and the starting job will go to Rex, who deserves it.

So Skins fans are pinning their hopes on REX GROSSMAN????.... WOW

I'm speechless.

Looks like Cooleys knee is done. Good thing you have Davis. I know some skins fans wanted to trade cooley a while ago to get something for him.

Chris Cooley - TE - Redskins

Chris Cooley concedes that he'll have to deal with pain all season in his troublesome left knee.

Cooley insists he'll try to practice and play all season, but it sounds like far from a guarantee he'll make it 16 games. "The problem was over a long period of time I was starting to bruise around (the knee)," said Cooley. "And the joint around it was becoming so irritated." Swelling in the surgically repaired knee figures to be a problem after each game this season. We're continuing to shy away from Cooley in all fantasy drafts.

Meh not really, cooley is a tough S.O.B he's played hurt before, the guy is reliable. Its actually a plus for us, in a couple of years he won't ask for a bunch of money and the skins can keep both he and Davis. Its pretty nice to have two TEs that don't clash with each other for time and work together.The real worry for me is Davis becoming a good TE and starts to want money at the end of the season. So far its been easy carrying to good TEs on the roster. Davis is good but not Elite, and if he plays a lot, I worry he'll want a ton of money.

These players start to get big heads when they play ONE great season. An example is Carlos Rogers, even though he wasn't the best CB because of his hands, the guy was a great cover corner. He got full of himself and went to the 49ers. Could of had a solid group with Carlos, Hall and Wilson this season.

I think Cooley may be benched/shut down for Davis early in the year. Cooley really just needs to get the surgery and get it out of the way. Luckily for us we have Davis who can be just as good as a receiver. Big downgrade at blocking though.

And F the Ravens. Harbaugh is a stuck up a-hole.

redskins will start Rex tonight but he will rotate every two series with Beck. what a dumb idea. Wouldn't be surprised if the skins get their butts handed to them. always get owned on National TV.

Don't agree at all with shanny on this strategy.

The Ravens always play us tough in pre-season. We have looked eerily good the last 2 weeks, i think we are about to get our asses handed to us. I think its about time something went wrong like it usually does. I think the pass protection will break down, we won't be able to run the ball and neither Beck or Grossman looks good.

We lose 34-17